FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
BUJU, Pilsungkarate, ALF, old1, Leonar
22928 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ronin1966 3
futsaowingchun 2
ergees 2
GojuRyuboy13 2
cxt 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
10/22/14 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Forum Stats
22928 Members
36 Forums
35584 Topics
432513 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 47 of 50 < 1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 >
Topic Options
#423169 - 10/27/09 03:50 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: Cord]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
Zombie Nation is good too, lot's of Army vs. Zombie fighting.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#423171 - 10/27/09 04:48 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: Stormdragon]
Ironfoot Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: St. Clair Shores, MI USA
I like the idea of the naginata - more reach than a katana.

#423179 - 10/28/09 03:26 AM Re: Zombies! [Re: Ironfoot]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Give me an m2 .50 cal machine gun, 3-5K rounds of ammo, and a shotgun for CQB and a couple hundred shells, and an armored vehicle and I'm set.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#423180 - 10/28/09 04:40 AM Re: Zombies! [Re: Stormdragon]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Originally Posted By: Stormdragon
Give me an m2 .50 cal machine gun, 3-5K rounds of ammo, and a shotgun for CQB and a couple hundred shells, and an armored vehicle and I'm set.

All good till the 5,201st zombie says hello wink

Fine link Chain mail over leather, with kevlar plating at high risk areas.
Kukri and machete style knives for skull penatration/brain destruction
Sawn Off shotgun for emergency use as a path clearer
Meat Mallet and/or high quality b-ball bat for blunt trauma
High tension hunting slingshot
200lb draw hunting x-bow

#423278 - 10/31/09 05:53 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: Cord]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

A couple points: Those first few thousand rounds would just get me started, I'd be on a constant lookout for more possibilities of aquiring ammo; one .50 cal round will take down several zombies if they're lined up; and probably a bigger defense would be the speed and power of my armored truck. Speed is security my friend. Check out the Caiman style MRAPS on google, that's what I gun in here in IRaq and it's t\quite possibly the most amazing combat vehicle ever designed (except the seats kind of suck). That would be my choice. But without a govenor cutting the speed to a max of 65.

I'd have at least 3 good dismounts with Kevlar and M14's. 5-7 mags of 20-30 rounds, a couple well stocked medic bags, star clusters, some smoke grenades and a few incendiaries.

#423281 - 10/31/09 08:22 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: Stormdragon]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Vehicles, firearms, chainsaws, whatever. Any and all strategies that rely on finite resources (fuel, ammo), are doomed to failure in a post mortem apocalypse.

Learn to fletch an arrow, how to temper steel, and how to use both. You wont destroy as many zombies, but you stand a better chsnce of survival long term.

#423290 - 11/01/09 08:27 AM Re: Zombies! [Re: Cord]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

What about sanity? That's pretty finite but nonetheless very important.
In any case, with that load of gear I can move at least 300 miles which is more than enough to resupply and/or find a good safe haven. A good rapier for quick long range thrusts through the face would be nice, but otherwise I'm good with my modern combat gear. It doesnt require any extra training either as I'm fully trained on all of it already.
Your weapons of infinite resources do require a lot of time, for example building new arrows and repariring broken swords/clubs. Me I just need to find more ammo and gas, I figure with siuch armaments I can pretyt much take what I want from anyone! laugh

#423302 - 11/01/09 12:50 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: Stormdragon]
rideonlythelabel Offline
Veteran

Loc: st-hubert quebec canada
I have no delusions of grandeur. I am an ordinary man. I am unable to break a man’s neck with my hands or fashion a flamethrower out of household objects. I can shoot a rifle, but if it really came to that, I would probably fumble with the next magazine and get eaten. What I am trying to say is that when it comes to being a “tagonist”, I am more “an” than “pro”. This is why my plan is called “I Hope NATO Saves my Ass”. I will hide in the basement and wait for NATO to exterminate the zombies. To ensure the success of my plan, I have extensively practiced advanced military techniques like “silent breathing” and “prayer”.

This will inevitably fail, because hiding never works in zombie movies, perhaps because it would make for a less than exciting movie. My windows have grates on them, but they’re probably not plot-device-proof, so no luck there. And even if the zombies do not manage to break in, I will probably get bitten while looting a liquor store (it’s how I want to go, really). This is why I have a contingency plan, called “Eat All the Brains”. It is further divised in three plans.

Plan A.

1. Wait for Stormdragon to step out of his armoured car to take a leak.
2. Eat Stormdragon.
3. Gain his knowledge.

Plan B.

1. Wait for Stormdragon to roll over and die because he is doing a 100 MPH in a top heavy vehicle.
2. Eat Stormdragon at leisure, perhaps with a nice Chianti and some fava beans.

Plan C.

1. Stay in the back of the horde.
2. Wait for Cord to become too tired to draw his bow or swing his sword.
3. Sprinkle oregano on Cord.
4. Eat Cord.

If all three plans fail, I will move on to plan D.

1. Wander away and find something easier to eat, like another zombie, or maybe figure out how to use a can opener.

#423304 - 11/01/09 01:03 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: rideonlythelabel]
Cord Offline
Prolific

ROFLMAO cool

If you want to guarantee govt. intervention, be sure to tell them either a) Zombie flesh can be converted into oil, or b)your house is directly over an massive untapped gas/oil reserve.
You will then get VIP treament wink

So, am I the only guy on here who has scoped out which of their local mall's are most easily defendable/securable, which has the best range of stores to optimise usefull supplies, and have written up a list of friends in their locale who would be of most use in such a situation?

#423311 - 11/01/09 05:32 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: rideonlythelabel]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Since I prefer to tinkle off of my turret (15 feet off the ground)so plan B would probably be the one that get's me.

In regards to NATO, see 28 Weeks Later, that's basically how the Army would treat such an infestation. In fact I'm confident it would go a lot like that. That movie actually portrayed the Army in a fairly realistic fashion for Hollywood. Minus the Helicopter-as-a-melee-weapon scene. Firebombing the city after all hell broke loose would most likely be the fail safe. Basically you would be exterminated with the Zombies. I suppose if it was one small town or city they'd try and retake the city piece by piece but if it was a Dawn of the Dead type thing where it just blew up overnight in multiple areas they wouldnt be taking any chances. Clear a safe zone around infestations, quarrantine, give some time for survivors to escape and attempt to find a cure, barring that light up the infected areas.
At least that's my slightly experienced guess. You never know.

Cord, haven't we learned something about Zombie Apocalyps's and Malls from Dawn of the Dead?
Look at the roving Bikers, they did fine till they got themselves trapped in the mall with the other would-be survivors. Movement is secuirty my friend.

Edited by Stormdragon (11/01/09 05:40 PM)

Page 47 of 50 < 1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga