FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 9
AndyLA 5
futsaowingchun 4
ergees 2
VDJ 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
The Karate punch
by Dobbersky
08/12/14 05:14 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
A post for those who might become martial artists.
by AndyLA
08/06/14 07:25 AM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35571 Topics
432473 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 34 of 50 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 49 50 >
Topic Options
#278291 - 05/10/07 06:25 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning was actually filmed in Edmonton, Alberta at Fort Edmonton. When I watched the movie I thought to myself ... I've been to this place, it all looks familiar. Low and behold after watching the credits it was the same place. Toured it once when a kid, toured it as an adult and also had a party here after a company golf tournament. Small world.

#278292 - 05/10/07 10:50 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: Cord]
rideonlythelabel Offline
Veteran

Loc: st-hubert quebec canada
Quote:

Quote:

Underworld 1, 2 and "Blood & Chocolate" are my favorite movies because of werewolves. I love wolves!

Company of wolves, Wolfen, American Werewolf in London, The Howling, Ginger Snaps. All these movies exist, and underworld/Blood&Chocs are your fave werewolf movies!?!?

You sound pretty knowledgeable about horror movies. Do you know good but not well known zombie flicks?

#278293 - 05/11/07 12:46 AM Re: Zombies! [Re: Cord]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Quote:

underworld/Blood&Chocs

The reason? I'm just a sucker for horrible werewolf movies. Those 3 movies were so awful, they were fun to watch. Don't know how to explain it, they were just awfully fun.

-Taison out

#278294 - 05/11/07 01:59 AM Re: Zombies! [Re: Taison]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Hey ... I liked the two Underworld movies. Never heard of the third one though.

#278295 - 05/11/07 04:00 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: rideonlythelabel]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

[
You sound pretty knowledgeable about horror movies. Do you know good but not well known zombie flicks?

Oh my now we are talking my kind of thread.

check out the 'Blind dead' trilogy- atmospheric creepy european movies about the re-animated knights templar. Pure class.

Then there is 'Children Shouldn't play with dead things' corny as hell, but the 'emergence from the grave' scene is definitive to the genre.

'White Zombie'- so good they named a band after it.

'Oasis of the zombies'- Its a desert. There is an oasis. Its full of undead nazi's. What more do you need?

Zombie flesh eaters- widely known these days, but the eyeball popping scene, and the shark vs zombie underwater fight are superb.

Zombie holocaust aka Dr Butcher.

Cannibal Apocalypse- starring John 'Roper' Saxon! Technicaly a cannibal movie, but pre-empted 28 days later in the 'zombie as a desease' concept. Very freakin strong- still banned in its uncut version almost everywhere. Its ace!

'The Dead Next Door'- low budget but very inventive gorefest.

Dont forget the 'Return of the Living dead' movies either. they often get overlooked in favour of the Evil dead and romero's work, but offer a lot of chuckles and yucks in their own right.
The re-animator movies are also essential. Anyone over 25 will take this as a given, but they were out of print for a few years and some youngsters have yet to discover them.
Same can be said for 'Brain dead'. long before Peter Jackson conquered middle earth, he made what many argue is the definitive splatter movie. Zombie heaven

There, that should keep you busy for a few weekends

#278296 - 05/11/07 05:37 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: Cord]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
Have you heard of one, I think it's called "zombie lake" about zombie Nazi stormtroopers?

Never seen it, just recall the posters in the vid shop.

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#278297 - 05/11/07 08:33 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: Cord]
Just1Mike Offline
No, the OTHER Mike

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Ah, Children shouldn't play with dead things. They even have a karate guy in there. I've got it on VHS. Cheesey Yeah but more than watchable. Then there's "Chopper chicks in zombie town", "The video dead" and anything with Linnea Quigley in it Oh and "The invisable dead" An old B/W flick, hard to find though

Good Luck!
Mike.

#278298 - 05/12/07 12:07 AM Re: Zombies! [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

My favorite is Dawn of the Dead, though the remake was pretty good too but the original (1978) I grew up on. In the original there was a Hare Krishna and I thought my buddy said Harry Krishna and wondered how he knew the guys name as I assumed that was the guys name. And then the bikers broke into the mall and that stupid one stopped and put his arm in the heart or love meter only to be taken by the zombies; what an idiot. A friend and I watched this on VHS when video stores first started coming out in 1980/1981 with about 4 girls who were terrified ... awesome.

#278299 - 05/12/07 07:08 AM Re: Zombies! [Re: trevek]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Have you heard of one, I think it's called "zombie lake" about zombie Nazi stormtroopers?

AKA 'oasis of the zombies'. the thing with many of these movies is that they were released under different names and at different times. An example of this is that 'Children shouldn't play with dead things' was banned in the UK for years, but another video company submitted it for certification a decade later under the name 'Zombie Graveyard', and it was passed uncut!. Same movie, but it was both banned, and available dependant on the title it went under

Many of the Italian films were given outlandish titles that bore no resembalnce to their title as released in Italy, and the packaging was often just gruesome imagery that had nothing to do with the film on the tape- it was just marketing a cheap lousy movie as a terrifying gore fest. These movies, however, do have a certain gritty charm, and finding all the different prints, under all the different titles, with all different sleeves, was not only a difficult and time consuming task, but also illicit and illegal in the UK. Police were known to break down the doors of collectors of banned movies and seize the material and even jail the collector
They never got me though

Its from this fanbase and outlook that QT and Rodriguez have based 'Grindhouse'. The trouble is that most of these movies (with the exception of real extremes- Necromantik, the 'SS' titles, the guinea pig series, Aftermath etc) are now legal and re-mastered for the DVD generation, and easily available over the net, either through share sites, or to purchase on region 0 from foreign retail operations. there is no 'thrill' in the find, no sense of danger in the watching. Its no longer a rare and exotic fruit to be savoured. That is why Grindhouse is not doing so well in the US, the audience dont 'get it'. Here in the UK, those who remember the video nasty phenomenon should see the movie get a warmer reception.

#278300 - 05/12/07 11:24 AM Re: Zombies! [Re: Cord]
Mr_Heretik Offline
Veteran

Loc: Bronx NY, USA
I watched "28 Weeks Later" last night. It wasn't bad. On the short side, and not really scary, but I enjoyed how depressing the entire situation was.

And thats my terrible review.

Page 34 of 50 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 49 50 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga