FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
Matakiant 2
AndyLA 2
Zombie Zero 2
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Matakiant
Today at 07:11 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
Today at 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/07/14 07:01 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35575 Topics
432494 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 40 of 50 < 1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 49 50 >
Topic Options
#278351 - 02/20/08 03:55 AM Re: Zombies! [Re: Ed_Morris]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
Quote:

huh? I dunno, is there a difference? I just wouldn't want the zombies that can run, use weapons, drive, or learn. that would suck.

Having served in Aldershot, I believe they are known as The Parachute Regiment!

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#278352 - 02/20/08 05:30 AM Re: Zombies! [Re: Vennificus]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

never heard of hypothermia?
the fact is, as it gets colder, many parts of the body change and become slower,
the blood vessels for example
It wouldn't take too long for them to slow down to the point that it can get colder and the liquid freezes
not to mention snowdrifts.
have you ever tried to walk through a tall snowdrift? doesn't work

All the above rely on the body in question being alive not re-animated. Zombies do not have a core body temperature, so hypothermic reaction is void. They do not have circulation, so blood freezing is not an issue. As I said, the decomp process creates thermal energy (heat) so the freezing process would not occurr. Ever seen a big compost heap in the cold? It gives off 'steam' as the heat rises off of it and condenses in the cold air above- the centre of a compost heap can become extremely hot without external aid. A zombie is just a large concentration of rotting organic matter, so its the same.

As for the snow drift, you are right- its difficult to move through. A human has to battle fatigue, the cold, and panic as they move through such an environment. A zombie would not have any of those factors. It would be a deadly version of 'The tortoise and the Hare'

#278353 - 02/20/08 06:10 AM Re: Zombies! [Re: Cord]
Vennificus Offline

Loc: The frozen realms of Kah-Nah-D...
then the bodies would decay too swiftly.
the Zombies you are talking about are all what has been dubbed "hell" or "infernal" zombies.
the brain dies and decays without oxygen without the brain the nerve can't pulse, without the nerves there is no movement. Not to mention, a zombie's head is it's weakness,

If, a rogue government, not unlike the ones stupid enough to build MORE nuclear (noo-clee-arr) warheads, where to cook up a zombie apocalypse, It is to their best bet to go with science, because let's face it. satan is too lazy, abaddon's in chains, and a bunch of the other guys downstairs just don't care enough to pick up the phone

the concept of a zombie can be interpreted as mainly "things that really should've stopped moving"
we pump them with holes and they only don't die right away.
they don't feel pain likely because the sensory nerves that run through the spinal cord have been largly deadened or weakened (hence the stumbling,). and the frontal lobe of the brain is responsible for concious thought, but not instinct, also likely targeted.

#278354 - 02/20/08 02:16 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: Vennificus]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote:

then the bodies would decay too swiftly.

Cold is a preservative, so if anything, zombies should "last longer" in cold environments.

Quote:

the brain dies and decays without oxygen without the brain the nerve can't pulse, without the nerves there is no movement. Not to mention, a zombie's head is it's weakness

We have speculated earlier in the thread that the brain is not completely destroyed, although most of the higher functions are gone. I have also speculated that the zombie's metabolism is dramatically higher than a normal humans, accounting for both hunger and cold weather mobility.

#278355 - 02/20/08 03:00 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: MattJ]
RazorFoot Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Seated at the computer, DUH
So instead of sled dogs, the Iditarod should be raced with Zombies using a piece of fresh corpse on a long stick to motivate them (fast moving zombies only).

Bet I could set a new record, well, until they actually got a hold of the piece of corpse and were looking for seconds. (YIKES)

#278356 - 02/20/08 03:43 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: RazorFoot]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Wow, that is some deep discussional thought about zombies; this has taken it to the next level. Both with some thought out stuff.

I would have to agree that the cold temperatures would reek havoc on the zombies. I've come across many animal carcasses in the cold snow and that I would compare to the zombie. It is hard, "extremely" hard and the snow and cold do destroy it as it would the zombie. What is left of the mind that drives it would cease to exist as it freezes. In fact dead skin that dies usually falls off. AND THEN you have to add the cycle of life into the equation. Roving animals would smell the decaying zombie and would have themselves an easy snack; think a 10 foot tall polar bear.

#278357 - 02/20/08 05:10 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: Dereck]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

But ifthe zombies attacked the polar bear would we have a zombie bear?

Prett frightening as, allegedly, the polar bear is one of the only predators with a specific hunt pattern for humans.

#278358 - 02/20/08 05:31 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: trevek]
Vennificus Offline

Loc: The frozen realms of Kah-Nah-D...
I'll lift the igloo, you grab the human

#278359 - 02/20/08 06:36 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: Dereck]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

What is left of the mind that drives it would cease to exist as it freezes. In fact dead skin that dies usually falls off. AND THEN you have to add the cycle of life into the equation. Roving animals would smell the decaying zombie and would have themselves an easy snack; think a 10 foot tall polar bear.

Zombie Flesh Eaters sets a precident for evidence that the re-animated corpse responds differently to factors that destroy inanemate dead tissue, also, it shows the Zombie to fare well against predatory animals in their own environment.

Dead flesh when submerged in water decomposes and loses structure at a greatly accelerated rate, yet in Zombie flesh Eaters, a zombie attacks a (very hot female) scuba diver. She only escapes due to the intervention of a shark, which the zombie promptly fights, bites and kills!

Then there is the situation in 'oasis of the zombies' (aka zombie lake), where the re-animates have been submerged and dormant for YEARS, yet the soft tissue retains its form and function.

In many zombie movies, the dead 'rise from the grave', indicating that they have been deceased for some time, and whilst the embalming process will slow decay to an extent, it is far from complete mummification/preservation, so again, there is evidence that cellular decay differs in the undead.

#278360 - 02/21/08 01:33 AM Re: Zombies! [Re: Cord]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

wasn't there a film with german soldier zombies in a lake? Zombie Lake?

Page 40 of 50 < 1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 49 50 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga