FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 45 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matakiant 3
AndyLA 3
futsaowingchun 3
Victor Smith 1
ergees 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Victor Smith
09/28/14 07:11 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35579 Topics
432500 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 5 of 50 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49 50 >
Topic Options
#278001 - 08/14/06 01:22 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: harlan]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

"Dereck! Those aren't pillows!!"

#278002 - 08/14/06 01:31 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: Ed_Morris]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North

#278003 - 08/14/06 03:09 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: Dereck]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
Ok, first off, i'm assuming the disease is only spread by physical contact through the exchange of bodily fluids and/or DNA. In that case, it's true that wildlife could get infected, but if you go high enough into the wilderness I doubt it especially if oyu stock up on meat and things early on, also there's virtually no chance of fish being infected in mountain lakes and streams as far as I nkow. If the pathogen is airborn you're SOL either way and you may as well just run out into the street shooting stupidly.
I would take a high powered rifle with a scope to pick off incoming zombies from hills and mountains and tree stands and things. My .357 and .45 long colt would be used for CQB and an ax, baseball bat, or whatever I have would be for melee combat. There would only be a few passes to get to the area I'd head for and with a decent scope you could see and pick off zompies from almost a mile a way, depending on shooting skill, plus you could always barricade the passes, and roll boulders down at them.
Dereck's idea is pretty good, and in my area up in the mountains, at the area I'd head fro, the snow reaches 4-6 ft in the dead of winter so I'd have the same advantage, and actually, the funny thing is I was htinking about that last night. Now if the cause is supernatural, I'd be fine becuase I'm a bible toting christian! lol
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#278004 - 08/14/06 05:51 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: Stormdragon]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Now if the cause is supernatural, I'd be fine becuase I'm a bible toting christian! lol

You celebrate your Christianity with a 'Devil horn' emoticon!?

Dereck, the cold would not slow down a zombie- they have no blood flow, the brain has had some of its electrical impulses restored, but they need to be maintained by the consumption of living brain matter (honestly, does no one watch Return of the Living Dead any more?).
Oh, and if they look like Mindy Clarke in Return of the Living Dead 3, then sign me up for the zombie life right now

#278005 - 08/14/06 06:28 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Quote:

Dereck, the cold would not slow down a zombie- they have no blood flow, the brain has had some of its electrical impulses restored, but they need to be maintained by the consumption of living brain matter (honestly, does no one watch Return of the Living Dead any more?).
Oh, and if they look like Mindy Clarke in Return of the Living Dead 3, then sign me up for the zombie life right now

I can't believe I'm going to argue this.

The electric pulses from the brain do they not send signals to the heart so that blood flows? Isn't blood flow required in order for limbs to move? If not would not the limbs eventually fall off as they require oxygen from the blood to operate correctly? If not then there would be no possible way these things could run like in the recent zombie movie "Dawn of the Dead" and instead would be dragging their bodies such as in the original "Dawn of the Dead".

Regardless, they would not be able to move through snow very well and the cold will freeze skin if dead or not and limbs would turn black and fall off still. Just let me know when you want to take the course Cord.

#278006 - 08/14/06 06:42 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: Dereck]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Old school zombies are clearly more of a possibility than the recent trend for HIIT trained dynamic undead athletes.

The electrical impulses are sufficient to cause muscle contraction and coordination (like applying an external current to a dead body will still make it move), and to activate primal need for food.
Blood flow does not return, hence the continued decomp of zombies even during a state of re-animation. they are still dead, with no tissue maintenance or regeneration. This is also why destroying the brain, not the heart is the only confirmed way of stopping them.

Also, it is clearly only 28 days later (Rage), re-Animator, and Return of the living dead (Trioxin-13) that attribute re-animation to chemical reaction; The Romero zombies have always been unexplained, with the hypothesis that 'when there is no more room in hell, the dead shall walk the earth'. A bit of cold is not going to stand in the way between a the forces of hell and some prime real-estate

#278007 - 08/14/06 07:37 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: Cord]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
Ok, in any case, we know how to survive a zombie takeover in the wilderness, tundra, mountainous environments and the outdoors, regardless of whether they are athletic romero zombies or walking cripples like in the old days, either way, you can destroy them by destroying brain function, so we would survive that way.
Now, what do you do if you are stuck in the middle of a large city, such as
LA, NYC, Philly, etc.? How would you survive/escape/etc?
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#278008 - 08/14/06 10:27 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: Stormdragon]
kurdt Offline

Loc: philippines
i always ask myself that same question..

assuming it is the early stages of an outbreak
id call my friends and see how they are doing drive an suv and pick em up, go to hardware store and pick up tools i will need (shovels, axes, chainsaw barb wire etc) then off to the grocery store to get food..
not sure if i want to go to my local bmw dealer and pick myself a nice x5,
im thinking of going to a mall since i can pick up firearms there, but if dawn of the dead taught me anything then i probably shouldnt.. drive off to the country side, prefereably my folk's beach house and wait it out..
ill make sure that i have a hot friend with me too

#278009 - 08/14/06 10:52 PM Re: Zombies! [Re: Cord]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

best weapon for crimson heads is psychic blast.

#278010 - 08/15/06 02:37 AM Re: Zombies! [Re: Stormdragon]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Quote:

Ok, in any case, we know how to survive a zombie takeover in the wilderness, tundra, mountainous environments and the outdoors, regardless of whether they are athletic romero zombies or walking cripples like in the old days, either way, you can destroy them by destroying brain function, so we would survive that way.
Now, what do you do if you are stuck in the middle of a large city, such as
LA, NYC, Philly, etc.? How would you survive/escape/etc?

I would head over to the nearest supermarket, take control of and secure it.

Why?

1. its stacked with food and essential supplies
2. once the shutters are pulled down and the fire exits secured, it is an easily maneagable space.
3. the delivery compound will contain light commercial vehicles, well serviced, and capable of carrying several people and provisions should the store become compromised
4. Flat roof from which to thin the zombie population with firearms/weapons of opertunity
5. they all have back up generators, and a gas station on site, so when the power grid eventually fails, power can be returned.

Its a much better choice of stronghold than a Mall (full of non essential luxury shops), but as with Dawn of the Dead, your main threat would not befrom the zombies, but from other 'norms' compromising your security in their own interests. You would have to be prepared to defend your 'castle' from both the living and the dead.

Page 5 of 50 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49 50 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga