FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 12
trevek 6
cxt 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
Today at 07:16 AM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432449 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#277002 - 09/21/06 12:22 AM Re: Colon cleansing???? [Re: Mandolynn]
ITFunity Offline
Professional Poster

Funny, I have seen those commercials on both tv & radio. They got me to try it, as it sounded like it couldn't hurt. My Licensed massage therapist swore by it & her doctor said it couldn't hurt, as did mine. I tried Dual Action Colon Cleanse & felt it did the job. LOL
I did not suffer, nor was I held hostage to the throne.

I was diagnosed with a digestive/intensinal problem late 98/99. I was put on a fiber regiment program by my doctor. In short, I had to take fiber pills after breakfast & fiber powder after dinner. I had colon scopes done 2x & am due for another. The fiber & clon cleanse are much easier on the body then the chemicals you have to take to purge before the scope.
My illness has progressed & no I have a prescription medication that I take prior to breakfast & a prescription powder laxative I take at night. I still do the fiber, but not as much.
It was funny, those commercials, but they do make sense. I don't think that it would hurt to clean your self out, from time to time, maybe every 6 months or so. Always check with your doctor.

Eating better prevents problems. I am learning the hard way.
;(
Fruits & veggies

#277003 - 08/13/07 01:46 PM Re: Colon cleansing???? [Re: Dereck]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
Dereck, I think I read that article (or a similar one) but I think the guy decided against the irrigation. He had to do a three day fast and take some detox potion and eventually started passing stones. After 3 days he was also getting headaches (I've heard of this happening to people on fasts before).

My favourite method is go for a weekend consuming nothing but pints of Guinness (and perhaps the odd curry). Not sure of the nutritional value but I think even Cord could be tempted.

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#277004 - 08/13/07 01:59 PM Re: Colon cleansing???? [Re: trevek]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

ITFUnity,
with all the rectal activity, haven't you had piles yet? I'd have thought it was highly influential in growing some grapes.

Likewsie, if you are flushing your system with laxatives isn't there a danger of not retaining some of the nutrients from the food you are flushing?

Serious questions, as I'm not knowledgeable about these things (except, perhaps the piles).

General question, I read a book on Chi and Internal arts (hmm, maybe they rally meant 'internal') which lauded the use of irrigation (and had an address where to buy the kits, of course). It also suggested that pooping in the normal western toilet sitting position was unhealthy (and provided a diagram and contact details of a healthier pooing platform).

Any thoughts?

#277005 - 08/14/07 01:16 PM Re: Colon cleansing???? [Re: trevek]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
My thought is JESUS I'M TRYING TO EAT MY FRACKIN LUNCH HERE, HUH?!

#277006 - 08/14/07 03:08 PM Re: Colon cleansing???? [Re: MattJ]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

so consider reading this thread a form of preplanning what you're going to do with your lunch later on.

#277007 - 08/14/07 03:49 PM Re: Colon cleansing???? [Re: MattJ]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Quote:

My thought is JESUS I'M TRYING TO EAT MY FRACKIN LUNCH HERE, HUH?!

(Insert long wet farting sound here)

#277008 - 08/14/07 07:43 PM Re: Colon cleansing???? [Re: Dereck]
Viator Offline

Bleh, new age hippy crap. Home kits can range from putting you on what is esentially a high fiber diet to stupidity, ie to the point of necrotizing the intestinal lumen. IMO, as long as you're getting a good balance of roughage in your diet anyway, and you should be, they're not necessary.

As a premed student I've got to admit I wanna see what a 40 pound colon looks like though.

#277009 - 08/15/07 04:53 AM Re: Colon cleansing???? [Re: Viator]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
The problem with a lot of holistic "cleansing" techniques is that they don't have any "medically necessary" basis of use. They simply have "followers" that laud the practices and throw you into the mix with promises that they will make you live forever of somehow begin to actually have a life again (if you're sick).

I'm experiencing sciatica right now, with lots of leg pain and hip pain. I'm sure that the holistic crowd can come up with 50 different treatments that will "cure" this problem, but I know already what is medically possible, so it's a "tough sell". Chiropractic and acupuncture will help, but getting the bone structure back in place and the nerves blocked to stop the pain are really surgical techniques, not the "adjustment" and "relief" mode of technique used by those methods.

I Googled "colon cleansing" a few weeks ago when one of my friends was talking about it, and the results was ugly. A good colonoscopy would tell you whether or not you actually needed the holistic methods, and normally, if you have a high fiber diet, you're already "squeaky clean". Any time you start screwing around with the floura in your colon, you're asking for trouble later on. If you're constipated... use a good laxative. If you can't get that worked out, go to a doctor and get looked at before launching yourself into holistic methods that can cause as much harm as good.

Most people with colon problems simply don't drink enough water or eat enough vegetables and fiber foods. When the colon shuts down, you're "low sick"... so be careful before you jump in and start doing something that will make you sicker than you already are.

Try diet changes and water first.

I certainly don't discourage anybody from doing what's good for them, I'd just be careful who I let tell me medical information that could affect my well being. I don't usually use "miracle" cures, or buy "something I can't live without" from a salesman.

My youngest son had colon problems growing up, and the solutions there were simple. Water, fiber, and diet changes... and he had an impacted colon on several occasions. His body solved it's own problems... which should tell you something.

#277010 - 08/15/07 09:19 AM Re: Colon cleansing???? [Re: wristtwister]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

The problem with a lot of holistic "cleansing" techniques is that they don't have any "medically necessary" basis of use. They simply have "followers" that laud the practices and throw you into the mix with promises that they will make you live forever of somehow begin to actually have a life again (if you're sick).

I'm experiencing sciatica right now, with lots of leg pain and hip pain. I'm sure that the holistic crowd can come up with 50 different treatments that will "cure" this problem, but I know already what is medically possible, so it's a "tough sell". Chiropractic and acupuncture will help, but getting the bone structure back in place and the nerves blocked to stop the pain are really surgical techniques, not the "adjustment" and "relief" mode of technique used by those methods.

I Googled "colon cleansing" a few weeks ago when one of my friends was talking about it, and the results was ugly. A good colonoscopy would tell you whether or not you actually needed the holistic methods, and normally, if you have a high fiber diet, you're already "squeaky clean". Any time you start screwing around with the floura in your colon, you're asking for trouble later on. If you're constipated... use a good laxative. If you can't get that worked out, go to a doctor and get looked at before launching yourself into holistic methods that can cause as much harm as good.

Most people with colon problems simply don't drink enough water or eat enough vegetables and fiber foods. When the colon shuts down, you're "low sick"... so be careful before you jump in and start doing something that will make you sicker than you already are.

Try diet changes and water first.

I certainly don't discourage anybody from doing what's good for them, I'd just be careful who I let tell me medical information that could affect my well being. I don't usually use "miracle" cures, or buy "something I can't live without" from a salesman.

My youngest son had colon problems growing up, and the solutions there were simple. Water, fiber, and diet changes... and he had an impacted colon on several occasions. His body solved it's own problems... which should tell you something.

#277011 - 08/15/07 11:21 AM Re: Colon cleansing???? [Re: wristtwister]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Very nicely written Wristtwister.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga