FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 5
Dobbersky 5
Ed_Morris 4
ergees 3
futsaowingchun 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#275724 - 08/09/06 10:54 AM Re: 2 vs. 8 people [Re: Jasonb61]
webby Offline

Loc: newton abbot devon
well i would say try and talk your self out of it, if that doesnt work, maitain eye contact with the "leader" of the group, the dude who seems to be leading, then try and run, by kicking in the groin or knee to the closes person to the exit, or a full powerd elbow to the nose should give you time to make a quick exit, but if the worse comes to the worse and you cant get away, stick by your friend,back to back,use effective strikes like lowing kickin or fingers to the eyes, punches and elbow to the nose and face. when they see you are not afraid to defend you they may back off!!

hope i helped!!

#275725 - 08/13/06 01:55 AM Re: 2 vs. 8 people [Re: webby]
nauschalk Offline
Zany in a very dull way

Loc: Texas
Here is what I'll give you advice.

If you are 2 vs 8 and considering running. DONT HIT one of them first. If you just run off they'll be alot less motivated to come after yall. However you kick one of them in the nuts... they are gonna be a bit more riled up and alot more willing to chase yall down and try and knock _your_ nuts out of yer mouth.

So just run off.

If you wanna fight them. I advise going apeshit, but before you say, apeshit? just go crazy? Well sort of yeah but theres a little more to it than that. I know most people talk about keeping focus and maintaining your cool. But the real truth is. You cant sit there and tell yourself to keep your cool and keep focused. It's just gotta all go together by blocking out alot of your normal rational thought. I think of it sort of as a battle fever. Just get yourself damn mean as hell, freaking mad dog fighting mean and freaking lay it out on them.

Getting mean is my "secret" to physical altercations.

If they got weapons and you can't or don't want to run get yourself some weapons. If they got guns though, unless you really have no problems dieing I'd run off. Its very unlikely that a bunch of jack asses are going to shoot you to death, they most likely want to scare you.

However if its a crack dealer who you [censored] off of some thugs who are cracked out and want to mug you, then yeah... they are the ones you gotta worry about really shooting you. The last time I ever dealt with a [censored] off crackdealer and his posse who had surround me and my friend I was luckily in my car and just hit the gas and aimed my car at him and hit the gas. He jumped out of the way without shooting at me and i sped off.

The real thing is. If you want to fight these guys you are going to go do it. If you don't want to fight them, and you really dont want to, then you don't need to come to a website like this for advice. Just use your head and stay away from any sort of place and out of any sort of situation where you are going to have to fight with them. They are probably just a bunch of dumb asses and aint going to mean [censored] to you in a month or two.

#275726 - 08/29/06 12:59 AM Re: 2 vs. 8 people [Re: Jasonb61]
SilkyFighter Offline

Quote:

I'm not worried about fighting too fair in this fight since they believe 8 vs. 2 is a good number...

Why would you be worried about fighting fair in this type of situation. You should be concerned about doing WHATEVER it takes as quickly and efficiently as possible to get yourself out of there. Let me add that running or talking yourself out would be the best thing.

Edited by SilkyFighter (08/29/06 01:05 AM)

#275727 - 08/30/06 01:20 AM Re: 2 vs. 8 people [Re: Jasonb61]
Big_Rob Offline
this may sting a bit

Loc: NY
Interesting question, aside from what everyone else mentioned, first you must remember that you may see these people at a later date and they may jump you. Fighting is always the last option, it is too easy to get killed, jailed, or seriously injured.

However if you have no avenues of escape and you can not talk them down then your best beat is to quickly and violently remove the Loud mouth, attack before they attack you.
Remove an ear or bit off a nose or something like that. Show the others and act crazy.
After the individual who is motivating the group is removed there is a very good chance the others will attend to their injured friend and give you an opportunity to leave.

Second thing to consider is if youíve ever been attacked by more then 2 people you would know that the 3rd, 4th, 5th, ect.. individuals donít have a whole lot to do other then get in the way of the primary 2. if the others are not restraining you then there is little damage that more then 2 can do to you that 2 can not.

Improvised weapons and psychology are things to look into as well.

Finally if you are with a friend then you will want to focus on 1 person at a time. You need to create a 2 on 1 situation and use mobility to triangulate and create human barriers, wedges and shields.

Not a situation I think anyone would have a whole lot of luck in. But when you get out of the hospital please let us know how it went.

#275728 - 08/30/06 11:18 PM Re: 2 vs. 8 people [Re: Jasonb61]
jamestkdkungfu Offline

i know what you mean i was in the same situation a couple months ago except a knife was drawn by the short guy running his mouth when he realized his freinds werent ganna help him if he jumped me and my freind so we ran like hell. lucky this guy wasnt liked by what he thought were his freinds...lucky...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga