FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
BUJU, Pilsungkarate, ALF, old1, Leonar
22928 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ronin1966 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
futsaowingchun 2
ergees 2
cxt 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
Yesterday at 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
Yesterday at 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
Yesterday at 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
10/22/14 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Forum Stats
22928 Members
36 Forums
35584 Topics
432513 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#271439 - 06/24/07 06:16 PM Re: Chang Hon Real Applications Book [Re: Paulol]
StuartA Offline

Quote:

i say it straight and sometimes [censored] even my close friends and family.

theres a big difference between talking straight to your friends and "bawling" someone out on a public forum! Especially when you mention words like dishonesty and misleading people etc.

Quote:

i've sent emails to you a few times about aspects of my OP but you have not replied.

Funny how Ive never received them! and I have had a few emails from you about your stuff (which I like btw) so I know they get there!!

Quote:

i've asked my question and you have replied now so thats fine.

Ah! But you didnt just ask a question.. you virtually made me out to be a charlaton because of the dobok I wear! If I taught in the nude Id still be teaching the same stuff, clothes are clothes.. I train in them, sweat in them, wash them and wear them again - the uniform doesnt make me what or who I am, or give me any knowledge etc. - thats why I dont understand why its such a big deal to you and is a weight on your mind! If you were some uppity ITF guy then Id laugh because Id get it.. but from you.. it mystifies me!

Stuart

Ps. Quote from your website: The sprit of JungShin TKD is to be open to new avenues and experiences, and not to close the door on the past.

Edited by StuartA (06/24/07 06:19 PM)

#271440 - 06/25/07 08:18 AM Re: Chang Hon Real Applications Book [Re: StuartA]
Paulol Offline

Quote:

Quote:

i only have an issue with the wearing of a patch of a federation that you are not a member of, which may cause confusion.

As I said, IFT style doboks were not available then.. I saw no reason to change or cover the patch them either. Though I dont follow or want to be part of the ITF politics, I learnt and teach the system of the man who founded it and saw it as a form of respect.

Quote:

as i said stuart a crest can be covered over with another one?

And look stupid and feel uncomfortable! Not to mention unprofessional.

well you insist on wearing that style of suit, i'm sure that they can be made for you by a company for you now? but thats besides the point now.

Quote:

Quote:

well they have some claim to be the itf in some form or another. all claiming to be the real or official one. so i guess that gives them the right to wear the official uniform of that federation. also lets remember that this suit/crest is the uniform of the federation and not of the style or set of forms.

Depends on how you feel the ITF should of continued! If I call my club the "ITF" would that mean its okay now?

i would guess that you not would not be able to do that unless you were joined in some way with one of the branches. but then if you are so into it then why not??

Quote:

Quote:

when i started tkd we all were wearing karate gi's! when tkd and it's various early forms started they all were wearing karate gi's. i dropped the tkd term in my school name because i don't really teach tkd anymore. i've not taught a chang hon form in nearly 3 years now. following the path of my current instructor i'm now teaching forms of heian and naihanchi katas as were taught to him in tkd. they were wearing cross over gi's then so on that matter there is no issue with my group wearing a cross over gi?

So your saying because when the Chung Do Kwan started they wore gi's, and Sensei Clark comes down that lineage then its okay for you to wear them? But Ricks not part of the Chung Do kwan anymore and AFAIK you arnt either and have never been... but you still reason that its okay for you but not okay for me? Perhaps I wear the uniform of the ITF when they first introduced the newer style doboks, rather than the present orgs.. similar in reasoning to you in that its part of my heritage!

again, i have no problem with what ever gi/dobok you want to wear. btw, all tkd is linked to the chung do kwan as well as the oh do kwan. also to shotokan so weather or not we were training there is not the point.

Quote:

Quote:

i could still keep the tkd term because i still have as much to do with that early form now as ever.

But arnt your roots Oh Do Kwan rather than Chung Do Kwan? Did you learn them directly through a Chung Do Kwan school or did Rick teach you them or are they self taught?

a bit of both due to the fact that we are not together on a one to one or even class basis that much in the year. i came through an aimaa group first then flirted with the itf and settled with the uti under a dutch master who was the first itf european black belt. now with prof clark, i have changed to ao denkou jitsu through my tkd base. but have move onto another step in my training.

Quote:

Quote:

we have left it now because it does not reflect what we do and so we were not drawing people in as there are many other long established tkd clubs in the area. we are training in cross-style martial arts and looks more like a ju jitsu class than karate or tkd. so no stuart!

Well if what you now teach is based largely on Rick Clarks AoDenkou Jitsu.. shouldnt your school hold that name too so its more descriptive of what you do?
Quote:

we will have it on the new site and promotion posters. i takes time to build up a relationship with an instructor by distance and so we have gotten to that stage now.

Quote:

Quote:

we are not misleading the public by dropping the tkd out of our name, in fact we were misleading them more before this!

Is this not the logo from your web site then?

Seems to have the name "Taekwon-do" still in it?

we are in the middle of changing our logo and i can't access my online files to change the pics on there at the moment. it will be changed in time but we have changed the text on much of the site with more to do.

#271441 - 06/25/07 08:55 AM Re: Chang Hon Real Applications Book [Re: Paulol]
StuartA Offline

Quote:

well you insist on wearing that style of suit, i'm sure that they can be made for you by a company for you now? but thats besides the point now.

Im sure they can these days, but Im not about to tell all my studnets they need to pay for a new uniform cos Ive decided to change them. Its just how it is, ITF badge or not Im not that bothered about really, but when it comes to my students I dont want to do something like that - so thats how we started and thats how we stay and everybodies happy - cept' you!

Quote:

i would guess that you not would not be able to do that unless you were joined in some way with one of the branches. but then if you are so into it then why not??

Thats the point, I am in to the art/style/system, but their philosophies dont align with how I feel about martial arts, so I keep on the sidelines.

Quote:

again, i have no problem with what ever gi/dobok you want to wear.

Funny!! Your post says different!!!

Quote:

btw, all tkd is linked to the chung do kwan as well as the oh do kwan. also to shotokan so weather or not we were training there is not the point.

Well it is, as far as this post goes, as your saying I shouldnt be wearing an ITF dobok because Im not part of the ITF, so I counter with you shouldnt portray yourself in a Chung Do kwan dobok as you`ve never trained nor graded under the Chung Do kwan - like I said IF I had an issue, which I dont, I could twist things as well to cause an issue. Besides, I dont think the original Gi's were in blue either - many may still think your part of AIMMA.. which your not!!! Thats a bit dishonest/misleading isnt it?

Quote:

a bit of both due to the fact that we are not together

How can it be both!! Ive trained with Karate, Kung Fu, hapkido guys etc.. but dont claim they are in my roots! Thats a bit dishonest/misleading isnt it?

Quote:

we will have it on the new site and promotion posters. i takes time to build up a relationship with an instructor by distance and so we have gotten to that stage now.

And that now makes you Chung Do kwan!!!

Quote:

we are in the middle of changing our logo and i can't access my online files to change the pics on there at the moment.

Well then perhaps you shouldnt state that you no longer state things that arnt correct! Thats a bit dishonest/misleading isnt it?

Quote:

it will be changed in time but we have changed the text on much of the site with more to do.

Plenty of the text still states you do and teach TKD still!

Like I said, anyone can pick holes in things or split hairs about stuff (as I have done above).. thats easy. The question is why someone would want too!

For the record, I have no issues with what you do, what you teach, how you train etc. and only point these things out to show how easy it can be, and how silly it is at the same time for guys batting for the same team!

Stuart

Stuart

#271442 - 06/25/07 01:22 PM Re: Chang Hon Real Applications Book [Re: StuartA]
Paulol Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Im sure they can these days, but Im not about to tell all my studnets they need to pay for a new uniform cos Ive decided to change them. Its just how it is, ITF badge or not Im not that bothered about really, but when it comes to my students I dont want to do something like that - so thats how we started and thats how we stay and everybodies happy - cept' you!

Quote:

again, i have no problem with what ever gi/dobok you want to wear.

Funny!! Your post says different!!!

no i does not! i'm only talking about the use of the crest.

Quote:

btw, all tkd is linked to the chung do kwan as well as the oh do kwan. also to shotokan so weather or not we were training there is not the point.

Well it is, as far as this post goes, as your saying I shouldnt be wearing an ITF dobok because Im not part of the ITF, so I counter with you shouldnt portray yourself in a Chung Do kwan dobok as you`ve never trained nor graded under the Chung Do kwan - like I said IF I had an issue, which I dont, I could twist things as well to cause an issue. Besides, I dont think the original Gi's were in blue either - many may still think your part of AIMMA.. which your not!!! Thats a bit dishonest/misleading isnt it?

again stuart i do not have an issue with your suit!!

my suits are my own choice for the jungshin mu do kwan school and are based on the um yang. aimaa do not have students wear red suits at colour belt! so my suit has nothing to with them really. also our suit is 14 oz so that it can stand up to the pulling and draging we do in class.

Quote:

Quote:

a bit of both due to the fact that we are not together

How can it be both!! Ive trained with Karate, Kung Fu, hapkido guys etc.. but dont claim they are in my roots! Thats a bit dishonest/misleading isnt it?

i trained in kung fu for 4 years, so it is quite a big part of my martial arts history. i trained in hapkido for a year, and a half and still train with these guys when i can. but it more an exchange of ideas now than the one way street it used be 10 years ago. so yes these are big parts of my history. but i would not wear a crest belong to any of the schools i was with as i am not a joined member now.

Quote:

Quote:

And that now makes you Chung Do kwan!!!

no? we are respecting the chung do kwan in our training. we train much more like ju jitsu with ao denkou jitsu.

Quote:

Quote:

we are in the middle of changing our logo and i can't access my online files to change the pics on there at the moment.

Well then perhaps you shouldnt state that you no longer state things that arnt correct! Thats a bit dishonest/misleading isnt it?
Quote:

i have outlined that we are changing the public information. as there is a lot to change i do not have the time to do it all at once. but it is being done. in anycase i could still use the tkd term if i wanted and take the chance of causing confusion. but have changed for the reasons mentioned before.

Quote:

Like I said, anyone can pick holes in things or split hairs about stuff (as I have done above).. thats easy. The question is why someone would want too!

my OP was no really meant to be as attacking as it may have seemed and it was really just a question of the use of a crest of a federation that you are not belong to and it's possible repercussions.

Quote:

For the record, I have no issues with what you do, what you teach, how you train etc.

i never said that i had a problem with your work or even your feckin' suit! none of that was in question

Quote:

and how silly it is at the same time for guys batting for the same team!

#271443 - 06/25/07 01:58 PM Re: Chang Hon Real Applications Book [Re: Paulol]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Guys, perhaps we can take the fashion hand-bag swinging to it's own seperate thread, and get this one back on topic. Please?

#271444 - 06/25/07 04:51 PM Re: Chang Hon Real Applications Book [Re: Paulol]
StuartA Offline

[quote=] Paulo no i does not! i'm only talking about the use of the crest.

No.. you said by wearing it I was misleading people. then in others posts you said about being dishonest and mis-representation - which I am none of and do none of also!

Quote:

MattJ Guys, perhaps we can take the fashion hand-bag swinging to it's own seperate thread, and get this one back on topic. Please?

Yes, yes.. quite right. Sorry if I got a bit uppity, but when words like that are used about me I feel I cant just let it lie!

Anyway, apart form ITFunity's last post that may warrent a response.. the original point was:

1. Book
2. free Downland of said book - http://www.raynerslanetkd.com/downloadables/HaeSul/Taekwondo_Haesul_Preview.pdf

Thanks Matt.

Stuart

#271445 - 06/26/07 07:19 PM Re: Chang Hon Real Applications Book [Re: matxtx]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

I thought some might be interested to know there is a book:

Ch’ang Hon Taekwon-do Hae Sul: Real Applications to The ITF Patterns” by Stuart Anslow.

:that has either just come out or is comming out very soon.

I dont know too much about it yet though it seems interesting.
If any one has any more information on it or even has it,please post.

Hi
The patterns seem to contain techniques that are in shotokan kata? I havent seen the book but would like to discuss the techniques that are in the book if they can be described.
Jude

#271446 - 07/04/07 09:12 AM Re: Chang Hon Real Applications Book [Re: jude33]
StuartA Offline

Quote:

Hi
The patterns seem to contain techniques that are in shotokan kata? I havent seen the book but would like to discuss the techniques that are in the book if they can be described.
Jude

The books over 350 pages so may be an idea to get hold of a copy first as they will make discussions a lot easier. Also, a seperate thread on the subject may be appropriate.

Stuart

#271447 - 02/23/08 07:50 AM Re: Chang Hon Real Applications Book [Re: StuartA]
StuartA Offline

Just updated the PDF preview.. with 2 new articles & the recent DVD reviews in Combat (Updated to March 2008). Same download link a before.

http://www.raynerslanetkd.com/HaeSul/HaeSul.html

Feel free to pass around.

Regards,

Stuart

#271448 - 02/25/08 03:29 PM Re: Chang Hon Real Applications Book [Re: jude33]
Paulol Offline

Quote:

Quote:

I thought some might be interested to know there is a book:

Ch’ang Hon Taekwon-do Hae Sul: Real Applications to The ITF Patterns” by Stuart Anslow.

:that has either just come out or is comming out very soon.

I dont know too much about it yet though it seems interesting.
If any one has any more information on it or even has it,please post.

Hi
Jude

taekwon-do patterns are based on karate kata with changes made for various reasons. i teach applications, pressure points and self defence to a few karate clubs and groups. more so than TKD ones. who don't seem to be able to find the time to host a seminar with me or host prof clark.

i also have taught a ju jutsu group and have been invited to teach an aikido club. it's really nice to be able to cross over styles like that.

Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga