FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 56 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
Dobbersky 2
MattJ 2
royal 2
UKfightfreak 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 8 of 16 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#268179 - 12/29/06 11:00 AM Re: A Doormans Diary. [Re: oldman]
Ted_Karate Offline

Loc: UK England Suffolk
Unbelievable video Oldman, how much punishment do stupid people require before they walk away? The guy gets beaten by 3 guys and then beaten again after he stands outside screaming abuse.
Good luck to all people getting paid to deal with stupid people on a regular basis.

Ted

#268180 - 12/30/06 07:20 AM Re: A Doormans Diary. [Re: Ted_Karate]
mark Offline
sword of magnamity

Loc: uk
Nice find oldman,

I bet the doorman got arrested, charged with ABH, and had to pay the poor misunderstood customer compensation...

Anyone know where and when it happened?

Mark

#268181 - 12/30/06 07:43 AM Re: A Doormans Diary. [Re: mark]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
The idiots filming it mention Kings Cross so it's either there or some where in London. Was very suprised the old bill didn't lift the Doorman there and then. Some of the London Boroughs are extremely strict on the amount of force you can use. Some Uptown Doormen I've spoken to say it's strict bordering on ridiculous.

#268182 - 12/30/06 07:54 AM Re: A Doormans Diary. [Re: Gavin]
mark Offline
sword of magnamity

Very true Gavin,

In truth the doorman did act illegally, he opened the door and was clearly up for it, he then used more force than was necessary, BTW where were his collegues..?

They guy with the bottle also clearly had "issues" he was allowed to use it, with no door staff stopping him, who knew where it was going? very scarey.

That is VERY hipocritcal of me, I know, and i do belive in natural justice. in that the customer did in fact deserve what he got, its as you say Gavin, police are so damn strict its almost a loose/loose situation for the door staff.

mark

#268183 - 12/31/06 05:37 PM Re: A Doormans Diary. [Re: mark]
McSensei Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kent, England
This video is everywhere at the moment. Nice skills from the last doorman who came out. Shame he missed with the kick, could've ended it with that.

#268184 - 01/01/07 11:45 PM Re: A Doormans Diary. [Re: McSensei]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
The last doorman showed the value of a good fast jab, nice to see teh str33t footage that was not all windmills and handbags.

As for the moron who stood posturing outside wanting another go- the old saying is 'be carefull what you wish for- you might just get it.' Naughty boy got a spanking

#268185 - 01/04/07 04:11 PM Re: A Doormans Diary. [Re: Cord]
McSensei Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kent, England
Hey Cord, if you covered a door over xmas how'd it go mate?
C'mon, spill the beans. Anything juicy to add to this thread I'm sure we'd all like to hear, because....

The William Camden, 22/23/24 December.

Nothing to report really. Mostly people were well behaved (though drunk) and the only guy I had to throw out was some kid that got caught helping himself on Xmas eve. He started to try to explain his side of the story to which I replied that he was telling the wrong person and that I wasn't really interested. The asst. manager had asked for him to be removed and that was it as far as I was concerned. Then a barman started to chime in and I told him to shut up and that if he wanted to do my job then he should go get himself a badge. The only other thing of interest was that on Xmas eve the manager had requested 5 doorman as he had sold tickets for the night and we were expecting 450 (approx) people in. In the end there was just the usual 2 of us as the others had cried off for one reason or another.
At the end of the night the usually wishy-washy manager congratulated us on a job well done as the previous 7 years had all gone pear shaped on Xmas eve.
Guess that could show that sometimes the overwhelming presence of doormen can actually cause people to kick off.

29/30 December, same place.

Again nothing to report. After chattting to the guys that covered new years eve I learnt that it all went smoothly as well. So all in all a very peaceful Xmas.

#268186 - 01/04/07 04:42 PM Re: A Doormans Diary. [Re: McSensei]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Great news McSensei, glad you are safe and well.

My Christmas was tip top, and incident free.

The set up: Good family run pub in a really $hitty area of cambridge. Around one corner you have a homeless hostel (not friendly tramps- dealers, prostitutes and other n'er do wells), down the other end is Cambridge's roughest housing estate (which is much rougher than Camb council's 'public image' of cambridge would have you believe). In the general area are a couple of other pubs that are not only not well managed or controlled, but one actually encourages the local traveller community to come in. (All PC protests will fall on the deaf ears of experience with this one I am afraid).

The result: My In-laws have a tried and tested plan.
1. front door locked. Sign on it 'regulars and their guests only- use back door)
2. Back door locked, but with either Father in law, or me, or both of us sat on the inside, able to unlock and give entry to welcome faces, or tell strangers 'not tonight' through the glass.
3. Anyone unwelcome who kicks the door, or wont move on, door gets opened they get told to leave. If they dont, they get moved on. Merry Christmas

This is the same set up for all special occasions, and big sporting events.

My Dad in law is 6'7" 20-21 stones, and my god he can ruck when he needs to (and sometimes when he probably doesn't need to ), and i am his trusted sidekick . One guy we had out a few years ago called us 'Lanky and Wanky', and was very puzzled when we almost let go of him through laughing so hard

Its a very controlled environment, and no one even kicked up a stink when being turned away at any point through the Holidays.

Suited us, we just relaxed and chugged chasers- we needed the energy

#268187 - 01/05/07 10:56 PM Re: A Doormans Diary. [Re: Cord]
Khayman Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Wiltshire, UK
Its good to hear door stories again, I retired from the door a while ago but its great to read them. I work in education now so looking back im not sure which was the easier life lol

#268188 - 01/06/07 02:23 AM Re: A Doormans Diary. [Re: Khayman]
mark Offline
sword of magnamity

Sure is Khayman.

I often think about posting stories from our years on the doors and in the Plod, but I think its all about now, rather than living in former glory.

I would have enjoyed working with Cord, Gavin and Mcsensi.
Certainly would have felt safe when I hid behind them

Mark

Page 8 of 16 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga