FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 4
Ronin1966 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
Victor Smith 1
swordy 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
Yesterday at 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432510 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#264542 - 03/17/09 12:03 AM Re: Benefits of certain Vitamins & Minerals & Oils [Re: karl314285]
Rachelbuz Offline

Quote:

hi,

Eating a balanced diet with OccasionaL supplements is a wise course I find. Some food best raw, some cooked, oddly frozen peas have increased bioavilability of present vit.
*Vit A is Toxic, Bata-carotene is the non-toxic precursor (eat 1/4 of the liver of a polar bear and you die, just cool FYI). Some forms of Iron found in common multi-vit are also toxic. Vit B-12 is notoriously hard to absorb, if one is vegan or such Sub-Lingual B-12 Occasionally is better.

1.)B vitamins are water soluble and if the body has enough are simply making ones pee cool yellow (B-12 is stored but only ~ 2-3g, that actually can last a year or more), kinda like too much "creatnine" or what ever that expensive stuff people use, got enough-flush $$$$ down the drain

2.)After working for Radiologists I've seen the damnedest things...in the human colon (or...shudder...rectum), good example on plain film abd/pel MULTI-Vitamins undigested about to pass...out. So a liquid multi as an occasional supplement, is good idea, da??

3.) Vitamins and minerals are used either to make amino acids our body cannot (Beans and Corn, still need meat type product for B-12 and sunlight for vit D) as well as being essential in the Krebs cycle and ...well, pret'near everythin else.

4.)if one is concerned, or overly tired or losing weight.... GO TO A PHYSICIAN, a CBC, basic metabolic and some real cool new blood cancer markers might be needed, western medicine paired with holistic eastern approach.

Now...go eat an apricot (not the pit tho, has cyanide in it)

Hi,

I agree that balanced diet is absolutely true in helping us our body to be healthy.

In addition to the above there are a large number of foods that combine low calories, delicious taste, and excellent negative calorie properties. Include these foods in your daily meals. You will get maximum benefit if you eat them in raw natural form, with little butter or oil.

We get more energy if we take more intake of vitamins and minerals to our meal

Thanks

#425183 - 02/18/10 03:14 AM Re: Benefits of certain Vitamins & Minerals & Oils [Re: JoelM]
Alicia Offline

Loc: BC, Canada
Now, I don't know what to do about Calcium after reading about the harmful effects of Vitamin C.
I stopped drinking milk one day and I haven't been able to drink it again (it's a long story). I started drinking soy milk for Calcium instead , but I stopped that because I don't trust soy anymore. I drink fortified almond milk off and on, and although it tastes good and it's fortified to contain as much added vitamins and minerals that milk naturally has, it's not something I've been able to make into a habit.
I'm worried about osteoporosis later in life and I started taking Calcium pills. I was told that Calcium pills are bad and they'll stick to my bones in clumps, so I stopped that too. I thought I had found a solution when I began drinking Calcium-fortified orange juice. Now I see that too much vitamin C might be harmful.
On the orange juice carton, it says something like, "Made as a substitute for people who don't drink milk."
But that seems wrong. I'd have to have 3 glasses of orange juice to equal the recommended nutritional intake of Calcium per day, but I'd get 300% of the Vitamin C RNI! That's just crazy.

Any suggestions about Calcium? I know that certain vegetables contain quite a bit of Calcium, but I think I'd have to eat about 8 cups a day which I cannot do.

#425243 - 02/18/10 09:55 PM Re: Benefits of certain Vitamins & Minerals & Oils [Re: Alicia]
hope Offline

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
This site has an extensive list of foods containing calcium and Vitamin D, with the amounts. You won't have to eat 8 cups of anything.

http://www.healthlinkbc.ca/healthfiles/hfile68e.stm

I will be 50 this year, and have had my bone density tested as well above average. Even though I'm a card-carrying SWC (skinny white chick) and therefore at risk of osteoporosis, I have never "counted milligrams" of anything, but eat an extremely varied diet. On advice of my doctor, I have been taking a daily calcium supplement since I was in my 20s; I also get a lot of weight-bearing exercise. All told, it seems to work fine.

Edited by hope (02/18/10 10:15 PM)

#425245 - 02/18/10 10:31 PM Re: Benefits of certain Vitamins & Minerals & Oils [Re: hope]
Alicia Offline

Loc: BC, Canada
Hey there, Hope,

Thanks for the feedback and the link. I eat a lot of everything anyway, so I can pretty much eat normal things and get the Calcium I need based on the list of foods from the link, and from the training I do.

I get paranoid about lacking nutrients sometimes - many times. I should stop.

Thanks again,

Alicia.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga