FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 52 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
MattJ 2
UKfightfreak 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#259933 - 06/04/06 06:34 AM are you serious.....
SpeedyGonzales Offline

Doing this with a sword/bokken??????

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6737089295844258387&q=kenjutsu

Also on top of that, a couple people had a staff, sticks ........ and one was using a hockey stick ... as a naginata???

P.S. I love how it starts with throwing a bokken into the grass/dirt

#259934 - 06/04/06 06:50 AM Re: are you serious..... [Re: SpeedyGonzales]
SpeedyGonzales Offline

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4713641525503529255&q=kenjutsu

WOW

Skip to 7:45 in the video (just slide the arrow down)

After the credits they decide to "play samurai" by running in fiends and climbing walls and smashing their bokken into bushes.

#259935 - 06/04/06 07:44 AM Re: are you serious..... [Re: SpeedyGonzales]
SpeedyGonzales Offline

such retardednes....

HE SAYS HE'S STARTING AN ONLINE DOJO

I gave this idiot a piece of my mind here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWRFO3F-jQQ

I'm "SeriousDude52"

HE IS TRYING TO CON PEOPLE INTO HIS """"INTERNET SCHOOL""""

What a punk.

I can't let it slide "teaching" swords... if it was playing the guitar or gardening whatever, but when it comes to swords it could be dangerous with such an idiotic "teacher", Can you imagine people twirling a shinken like a cheerleader and cutting themselves? Not hard with that stupid technique

#259936 - 06/04/06 10:23 AM Re: are you serious..... [Re: SpeedyGonzales]
PaulHart Offline
banned member

Loc: The Real
Rolling on the wet ground laughing my head off, this has to be a joke, right? They must have erased your comment because it's not there. Looks like a bunch of kids who watched to much XMA and do not have a clue.

#259937 - 06/04/06 01:14 PM Re: are you serious..... [Re: PaulHart]
Charles Mahan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Denton, Tx, USA
This a prime example of what is known as sword twirling. He would be big on the XMA and nother like minded kuroddy tournaments. But what he's doing bears no resmblance to any variety or flavor of JSA that I've ever seen. Looks more like the baton twirlers you see in front of marching bands.

There is definite skill there I couldn't do what he's doing, but it's just sword twirling skill. If faced by someone like that in a life and death situation, I'd probably just step up and cut him down ignoring his sword altogether. He clearly doesn't have the control or power to pull off a good cut in response to an attack by another swordsman.

#259938 - 06/04/06 02:46 PM Re: are you serious..... [Re: Charles Mahan]
Benjamin1986 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Republic of Texas
Nothing I haven't seen from my high school drumline. These guys weren't even keeping a rhythm with a heavy drum while doing such.

I admit, there are times I swing my foils around like a madman, either to warm up my wrist or to show off (my left wrist is double jointed, so it can be slightly impressive). However, I would be the first to admit that it is all theatrics and fooling around. Never would I do such with anything resembling a real blade, and I would never pretend that it was real fencing.

Though, there was one time that I won by spining my blade in a sideways helicopter motion. When I started that, my opponent stopped, obviously thinking "what the heck is he doing". I stopped spinning the blade and impaled her in about half a second. It was a one shot thing that will never work again and only worked that one time because she thought I was crazy and underestimated me.

As for the video, join a circus where you can put those skills to good use, as there is certainly none in the martial arts. A rapier would have an even easier time of beating this guy than a shinkin. Simply lunge from 8 feet out while the guy has his guard protecting him from the sky.

Edited by Benjamin1986 (06/04/06 02:50 PM)

#259939 - 06/04/06 05:59 PM Re: are you serious..... [Re: Benjamin1986]
Mr_Heretik Offline
Veteran

Loc: Bronx NY, USA
Can't wait till he PWNZ all of you..

#259940 - 06/04/06 06:13 PM Re: are you serious..... [Re: PaulHart]
SpeedyGonzales Offline

Quote:

Rolling on the wet ground laughing my head off, this has to be a joke, right? They must have erased your comment because it's not there. Looks like a bunch of kids who watched to much XMA and do not have a clue.

LOL look at what he put up:
Quote:

we hav many keen to be members from around the world.. from kendo and kenjutsu pro's .. to guys who hav never lifted a sword.. This is nothing about money... just a site to be helful, possibly unite sword lovers together, and to learn from each other.. pls dont belittle us as we hav only good intentions..

Any more angry comments will just be deleted, grow up and leave us alone if you have a problem..

hahah I posted the truth about his "twirling" on every single one of his videos

Not only JSA, but with any form of a long swords there is no school in the world that twirls, only with short swords they may find some schools.

#259941 - 06/04/06 06:15 PM Re: are you serious..... [Re: Benjamin1986]
SpeedyGonzales Offline

Quote:

A rapier would have an even easier time of beating this guy than a shinkin. Simply lunge from 8 feet out while the guy has his guard protecting him from the sky.

LOL dude anyone with a baseball bat could have knocked that crap out of his hands while he was doing his little cheerleader routine.

#259942 - 06/04/06 07:44 PM Re: are you serious..... [Re: SpeedyGonzales]
SpeedyGonzales Offline

OMG he sent me 3 threatening emails, (I will censor cuss words by replacing them with the first letter then a dash)

Quote:

You are a complete twat.. id f--kin kill u if i knew where you lived or could be arsed to deal with a sh-t like you..
Just 3 points before i tell you to f--k off again..
1. The vids are extreme versions of what i do.. the website will not be just me or the other guys teaching that..
2. I hav had loads of request anyway of people asking me to show them how to move a sword quickly like that.. so u can feel free not to visit if think you no more already and dont want to learn.
3. And all those twirls if you must know, are two things, one.. to move me into the next position to strike quickly, ie. id cut off your legs when u think my swords heading for your face!, and two, its part of a meditation i use to strengthen and de-stress myself..
ps. you kill someone with a sword now a days u go to prison for the rest of your like, so i make it look good instead.. what the f--k is wrong with that... our art is called kenVert not Kenjutsu so f--k OFF!!!

Quote:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.. How many comments you sad f--k!! I am guna kill ya.. i hope your f--kin good with a sword or you better start sh-ting yourself, cus im guna search you comp address then come down a f--kin kill ya!!!!.. If kenjutsu is in the name of my vids, its because i did studied it for two years with a master, and 5 years self trained after.. so i decided to become a sort of free runner with it ... hence then name Freestyle.. you twat..
Kenjutsu is also in the title so its easier to search and find by my friends.. And i filmed the crazy stuff because its funner to watch.. you sh-t..
I tell ya i am guna cut off your feet just so you hav to walk like a gimp..!

Quote:

Ok man.. ive chilled now and i hope you hav too.. I just want to say something small as ive seen your lovely 'kendo world forums' chat..
The dojo is still just a planned thing, i planned it in the first place as i got fed up with requests to teach people sword form over their webcams..

I have no intention of naming the site or my art as kenjutsu as i have departed from its restricitve rules.. its simply called KenVert now..and i am fully aware of the safety involved in swordsmanship as i have been around swords for years.. Before any 'twirling' is seen, a strict series of basic techniques will be shown.. as i myself once learned..

And.. (though i might have sent you this already)

I practiced kenjutsu for 2 years under a master that luckily moved to our town.. He taught me 'one on one' near enough every night.. unluckily he then moved away.. leaving me to go in search of a dojo to continue training..

I found none anywhere near me, and never liked the idea of kendo.. so i self trained for the past 5 years .. so as well as the base moves i also trained the flashy side.. (as without a master to control me i found it more fun).. i take part in sword form contests and so flashy has become my primary thing.. The training vids on the new site however will be the controlled side.. the vids are two years old and i did them for fun, they are not a fair example at all..

ps.. the guy in the 'twirling' vids is all me.. and i hav no fear of facing you if you are so disrespectful again.. i would never bite at someone so pathetically without first asking any questions.. im ashamed at my response to you.. and im sorry.. i really hate the internet as its just full of ugly comments without any facts.

P.S. This is the other forum he's talking about:
http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10353

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Charles Mahan, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga