FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 76 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 3
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
cxt 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 16 of 22 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
#259169 - 06/08/06 02:35 AM Re: from a wrestling perspective... [Re: Mike_L]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
That was a typo,I changed it. It was not a repeated mistake,but thanks.

#259170 - 06/08/06 02:47 AM Re: from a wrestling perspective... [Re: BrianS]
Mike_L Offline

Loc: Rio Rancho NM/Louisville KY (U...
lol, I figured as much

#259171 - 06/08/06 07:27 AM Re: from a wrestling perspective... [Re: BrianS]
adaca Offline

Ok

Brian.S and anybody else who would like to.
kusojiji has down put up an email address with some wrestlers on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRHaVzyNHfg&search=wrestling%20leg%20takedown

If you want to talk technical let me know how you would deal with such techniques in a MMA’s competition/cage fighting scenario and in a street fight/ pub brawl situation .

Regards the know it all scenario no interest in discussing that.

Perhaps you could also tell me where is the vidio you spoke of where you are training kicks with old man on kicking technique?

Thanks

#259172 - 06/08/06 09:43 AM Re: from a wrestling perspective... [Re: adaca]
edecco Offline

ok first let us all agree regardless of ANY STYLE! it is how one uses it, in a given situation to adapt and be prepared. It Karate what this thread is about it taking Kata and being able to do this.

OK now lets talk about technique without bashing STYLES OR PEOPLE.

Hey Kusojiji,
lets talk about that vid.
I am intrested to know, in that vid it appears the people that are getting shooted on do not retreat(step back) or side step. There was movement on one or two guys after the engagment(clinching) before the shoot, like with other grappling arts of a "push pull" method.

How does a wrestlers that you have trained with deal with a constant retreat(step back or circling) and side step? this is just a question again trying to get a different perspective on a PURE wrestling mindset. I have had other wrestlers give their answers to me but... i would rather hear your answer for you seem to have more knowledge and are OLDER than the ones that gave me their answer.

#259173 - 06/08/06 09:54 AM Re: from a wrestling perspective... [Re: edecco]
edecco Offline

Hey to further the point it dosen't matter what style just the individuals skill to apply it or capitalize on where the move placed them. Here is a clip of capoeira if no one has seen it yet.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V4vrRTQMQog

Edited by edecco (06/08/06 09:55 AM)

#259174 - 06/08/06 02:25 PM Re: from a wrestling perspective... [Re: edecco]
kusojiji Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: kokokokokoko
Quote:

Hey Kusojiji,
lets talk about that vid.
I am intrested to know, in that vid it appears the people that are getting shooted on do not retreat(step back) or side step. There was movement on one or two guys after the engagment(clinching) before the shoot, like with other grappling arts of a "push pull" method.

How does a wrestlers that you have trained with deal with a constant retreat(step back or circling) and side step? this is just a question again trying to get a different perspective on a PURE wrestling mindset. I have had other wrestlers give their answers to me but... i would rather hear your answer for you seem to have more knowledge and are OLDER than the ones that gave me their answer.

The short answer is that they don't have time to do those things. Look at how quickly the events take place after the offensive party starts his shot. To step back or to the side would require the defender to recognize the shot is coming, shift weight, plant that weight over at least one foot, and then move back or to the side. All that takes much longer than the shot coming in and would 'freeze' at least one foot for a second, which would make the attackers job that much easier. Even if the defender did manage to start moving in one of those directions, he would have to move a relatively considerable distance to be out of the effective range of the attacker. Again, all of this takes far more time than he's got. Now, that kind of avoidance might be possible if the defender started out far enough away and was moving back when the shot began, but both men are looking for offensive opportunities, not running away, and the attacker isn't going to shoot until he is in range and position to make it likely that he will succeed (if he's smart).
Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts. Note: The Signature feature is currently not enabled by this bulletin board's administrator. You may use UBB Code in this field, but not HTML. The UBB Code Image tag is not permitted, however.

#259175 - 06/08/06 02:41 PM Re: from a wrestling perspective... [Re: kusojiji]
edecco Offline

so then would it be probable if one worked with wrestlers and get acquainted with the set ups for a shoot. With practice they maybe able to recognize the set up and use distance to deture?

Edited by edecco (06/08/06 02:47 PM)

#259176 - 06/08/06 03:51 PM Re: from a wrestling perspective... [Re: edecco]
kusojiji Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: kokokokokoko
Quote:

so then would it be probable if one worked with wrestlers and get acquainted with the set ups for a shoot. With practice they maybe able to recognize the set up and use distance to deture?

Well, if that's what you're after you don't have to take so much time to train it. Just run away or keep retreating so there is at least four or five feet between you at all times. The problem is that this might not be the most practical approach.
Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts. Note: The Signature feature is currently not enabled by this bulletin board's administrator. You may use UBB Code in this field, but not HTML. The UBB Code Image tag is not permitted, however.

#259177 - 06/08/06 04:09 PM Re: from a wrestling perspective... [Re: kusojiji]
edecco Offline

so what would you consider the average range for a 100% perfect shoot to be executed. Also what is to close for a shoot before it's a hinderance or more time to exicute? I am looking at a zone to look for.

#259178 - 06/08/06 04:28 PM Re: from a wrestling perspective... [Re: edecco]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
Kusojiji- Kata does have many many good grappling moves such as throws, a few takedowns, trips and sweeps, joint locks, chokes etc. The grappling techniques of kata just aren't as refined and developed as that of wrestling(as far as I know).
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

Page 16 of 22 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 21 22 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Ronin1966 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga