FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#255973 - 05/28/06 05:43 PM Re: bruce lee steroids?! [Re: Ayub]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

The latest word was that he died from an extremely rear form of epilepsy.

Took the liberty of moving my old thread on this topic from the Health&Nutrition forum to here seeing as how it may be of interest.

Edited by Cord (05/28/06 05:51 PM)

#255974 - 06/12/06 01:29 PM Re: bruce lee steroids?! [Re: konik]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
Not defending Bruce Lee, but so did my Instructors they all drunk werid alcohol drinks (with dead snake in it), MJ and some mind control drugs, to experience the out of body mediatation experince. Said I'll never be a Master if I didn't, we I never did. Masters can be weird folks when you get close to them. But anything you don't understand seems weird. These guys were dedicated students of the MAs following in their Masters foot steps.

Bruce may have taken steroids back then it was used to repair and build muscles, he did have a back injury and it disapear almost. Joe Lewis suppositly helps him with body building techniques and he showed great improvement. But I don't think he took the type steroid that the Super body builder and football player took thats would harm he body and mind.

Just my 2 cent. Joe Lewis is smaller now at 60 something but he still looks good and has good aerobics. He doesn't show the signs of S-usage like Mark Gast.., Hulk Hogan and others.

#255975 - 06/13/06 12:32 AM Re: bruce lee steroids?! [Re: Ayub]
kusojiji Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: kokokokokoko
Quote:

The latest word was that he died from an extremely rear form of epilepsy.

Well, that sounds like a pain in the @ss!
Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts. Note: The Signature feature is currently not enabled by this bulletin board's administrator. You may use UBB Code in this field, but not HTML. The UBB Code Image tag is not permitted, however.

#255976 - 06/13/06 11:25 AM Re: bruce lee steroids?! [Re: Neko456]
SmithNWessonDo Offline

Loc: North Texas
Quote:

Bruce may have taken steroids back then it was used to repair and build muscles, he did have a back injury and it disapear almost. Joe Lewis suppositly helps him with body building techniques and he showed great improvement. But I don't think he took the type steroid that the Super body builder and football player took thats would harm he body and mind.

Yes, I can agree with that. That sounds more likely.

#255977 - 06/20/06 03:46 PM Re: bruce lee steroids?! [Re: peter586]
tyas Offline

correct me if im wrong but dont male steroid users develep big breasts or some thing ??? bruce lee didnt have that....and didnt his friends say he tried to keep away from stuff like that?

#255978 - 06/20/06 07:15 PM Re: bruce lee steroids?! [Re: tyas]
Ayub Offline
heartbreaker, lifetaker

Loc: London, UK
If everyone got breasts at the point of using steroids, who would use them? I wouldnt expect them to say ''Yea Lee, see those big muscles, great stamina and recovery... STEROIDS.''

Its difficult to take someones word so easily. We have no way of telling if he took steroids whatsoever. My opinion is that he seemed to control what was going into his body and trained very hard so probably didnt take steroids. Nobody has any way of telling though.

#255979 - 06/20/06 11:30 PM Re: bruce lee steroids?! [Re: Ayub]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Gynocomastea ('b!tch tits' to the bodybuilders out there), happen when the increased testosterone production caused by anabolic steroid misuse cause an knee jerk reaction in the male body of increased eostrogen production.

Like I said, if Steroids were something he used, it would have shown up in his post mortem tox screen, as the marijuana did.

Physique wise, Lee was nothing special (calm down in the back), he was lean, but in no way was his development unattainable without steroids, hell, Iggy Pop and Anthony Kiedis look about the same in their 40's and 50's as Lee did in his 20's.
As for performance, much of the testimony of his reactions and power is anecdotal from biased sources, and from the blur between film and reality that hounds his legacy.
From the footage of him training that I have seen, nothing would indicate abilities over and above those attainable through regular unenhanced dedicated training.

#255980 - 06/21/06 05:25 AM Re: bruce lee steroids?! [Re: Cord]
Ayub Offline
heartbreaker, lifetaker

Loc: London, UK
Quote:

From the footage of him training that I have seen, nothing would indicate abilities over and above those attainable through regular unenhanced dedicated training.

But just think what he'd be like if he did take steroids!!

(BTW Cord, Are Gynocomastea (or gimes as me and friends like to refer to them) achieved by a bad diet the same as those developed by too much oestrogen? Or are Gynocomastea are different kind of tissue?

Edited by Ayub (06/21/06 05:28 AM)

#255981 - 06/21/06 10:20 AM Re: bruce lee steroids?! [Re: Ayub]
Cord Offline
Prolific

No, it is different. Poor diet leads to increased bodyfat, and both males and females have the tendency to store bodyfat on the chest, hence a heavy guy with a love of fast food and a beer or twelve tends to have an impressive set of 'man boobs', but its not gyney, its just lard

#255982 - 06/21/06 08:47 PM Re: bruce lee steroids?! [Re: Ayub]
adaca Offline

I doubt very much if Bruce Lee was using steroids unless for medical reasons. His physique didnít show the effects of steroids. Bruce Lee was one of the reasons that many martial artist started training. He was good but there are a lot of good guys about. The difference is the films made him well known.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, JKogas, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga