FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
William_Bent 1
simonajones111 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#254122 - 01/26/07 05:20 AM Re: Posting Problem [Re: MattJ]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Argh. . .

Seems, I'm going to have to find some links then. This'll be hard.

Joel, it's not for show off. It's for helping people when they train. For example, the names of various techniques doesn't translate well into English and vice versa. Maht Trong = Straight Fist, aka Cross. Maht Suey = Lifting Fist, aka uppercut.

It's not for the general forum but for some PM's have had.

-Tomas out

#254123 - 01/26/07 10:34 AM Re: Posting Problem [Re: Taison]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
Taison and ButterflyPalm, I undestand your points. Too often (other places) I've seen people use foreign characters to show off when it contributes nothing to the discussion.

#254124 - 01/26/07 07:41 PM Re: Posting Problem [Re: JoelM]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Pm's would be fine,but my uneducated panties get in a wad when the posts are in a different language.

#254125 - 01/30/07 09:13 AM Re: Posting Problem [Re: Administrator]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
Can I put the post on my PM 'box' so that members can access it? if so, how is it done?

#254126 - 01/30/07 09:42 AM Re: Posting Problem [Re: ButterflyPalm]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
You would have to PM everyone in particular that you wanted to see it. But I don't think PM's are set up any different than the forum is, as far as non-English text.

#254127 - 07/11/07 06:51 PM Re: Posting Problem [Re: MattJ]
PaulGreg Offline

Loc: Derbyshire, England
Hello, I am currently posting from a computer at work ( naughty naughty!!) with no problems but when I try and post from my home PC when I submit I get a message saying something about a host problem, any ideas??

#254128 - 07/11/07 06:57 PM Host not valid? [Re: PaulGreg]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

I got an email from another member that has been helpful to many, reposting it here -

Try clearing your cookies. That has worked for many people. If that doesn't work try this - If you are using Symantec/Norton Privacy Control (which is a part of the larger Security Suite) then you have to add the [site URL] to the list of websites, and then adjust the settings accordingly, such as allowing cookies to be set, etc. so that it works.

For ZoneAlarm Pro 3.0:

1. Begin at ZoneAlarm Pro Control Center (if ZAP is minimized to tray, simply right click on the "ZA" symbol and choose "Restore ZoneAlarm Pro Control Center".)

2. From left-hand column, choose "Privacy" (below "Alerts & Logs" and above "Email Protection".)

3. Click menu tab that says "Site List" (next to "Main", under "Help", in right-hand corner.)

4. Click on "Add" button on bottom right corner of Control Center (above "Options".)

5. A box pops up that says "Add sites to your privacy list by entering the URL below" and then asks for "URL".
Type in the URL for the site like: www.ThisSite.com

6. Click "OK".

7. Locate the site you just entered in the list of sites and right click anywhere on that line. You are given the choice of "Remove" and "Options". Choose "Options".

8. You are given the options for the site you just entered. Under the "Cookies" menu, go to the "3rd Party Cookies" section. Uncheck "Remove Private Header Information". Click "Apply" at bottom. Click "OK" at bottom.

If you actually made it through, you should now be able to post at the site you entered without having to disable ZAP or getting the "invalid host" error.

I hope that might help you.

#254129 - 07/11/07 07:01 PM Re: Host not valid? [Re: MattJ]
PaulGreg Offline

Loc: Derbyshire, England
Thanks Matt, I'll give that a go tomorrow, I'll be in touch if it doesn't work

#254130 - 09/11/07 02:33 PM Re: Host not valid? [Re: PaulGreg]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Found this on MartialTalk:

"A lot of issues with websites can be fixed simply be clearing your cache. Here's how to do it for many of the popular browsers

Press F5 to refresh your web browser.

If that doesn't work, empty your web browser's cache:

In Internet Explorer 7 - Go to Tools -> Internet Options, then in the General tab, under Browsing History, click Delete..., then under Temporary Internet Files click Delete...

In Firefox 2 - Go to Tools -> Options, then under Advanced go to the Networking tab and under Cache click the Clear Now button.

If you're using AOL, I'm sorry. But here's how to clear your cache:

Even though AOL's Proxy cache is updated every 24 hours, a member can clear their Browser Cache and force the reload of a page. This is done by either reducing the browser History to "0" and manually clearing all pages in history by deleting the files in the temporaty internet files tolder located in the Windows Directory or PC users can force a refresh by holding down the CONTROL key on their keyboard and mouse clicking on the AOL browser reload icon. The latter will completely clear all items in history.

For Mac users:

Safari - Click the "Safari" Menu and select Empty Cache... alternately hold down the Command (Apple) and Option keys and hit the letter E on your keyboard.

Opera - Click the "Opera" menu, select Preferences... click the Advanced tab, click on History in the left column, and click on the Empty Now button.

In almost all operating systems on almost all browsers, doing a keyboard refresh command will drop the current page's cached copy from your cache... That keyboard command will almost always be Command - R on your keyboard. The command key on Mac OS computers is the Apple key with the Clover symbol. The command key on Wintel computers is the one marked Cmnd."

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga