FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
LeroyCFischer 1
William_Bent 1
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 14 of 14 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14
Topic Options
#254056 - 02/09/07 01:10 PM Re: Stretching buddy [Re: Tezza]
Tezza Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Kent, U.K.
Right seeing as no one is posting at the moment looks like I am at it by myself. Think it of me writing a blog of my progress.
Come on people please join me.

I have been out of stretching a lot for a long time due to serious injuries and my flexibilty has seriously depreciated. So from Monday I will slowly be going back into things.
I will be using a similar routine as before however I will be taking things much easier at first and then eventually will be back into things.
Anyway if anyone else is interested in joining me on my quest please speak now!!!!

#254057 - 02/12/07 01:48 PM Re: Stretching buddy [Re: Tezza]
everyone Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: USA
Hey Tezza, your not alone in this endeavor. Everyone is right there with you.

Lately I have been experiencing a decrease in flexibility due to an increase in ma training. My schedule alternates between BJJ and Kung Fu for 6 days per week. I am hoping that as my body adjusts to the increased exorcise, the stiffness in my legs will dissipate. (Before I was only training 3-4 times per week.)

I look forward to sharing our progress and our trials as we pursue our goals.

#254058 - 02/15/07 04:33 AM Re: Stretching buddy [Re: everyone]
Tezza Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks mate that is much appreciative. The more the merrier. Sadly recently I was ill so all weekend whilst i could have been working out I was in bed lol.
However now I have overcome that obstacle and will start my stretching today.
Should be good to get back into things as I so enjoyed my old routine, although I have seriously depreciated in distance from the sidesplits. However thats life and I want to get back into it. Here it goes...

#254059 - 02/23/07 09:06 PM Re: Stretching buddy [Re: Tezza]
RossKo Offline

Loc: Kent, UK
Hello,

I've been stretching quite a lot lately due to having 5 weeks countdown to grading for my 3rd Degree BB. My stretch routine was simple, as often as possible run round my block (takes about 5 mins only) do some dynamic stretching and then do 3-5 sets of box splits. I started with dismal results but eventually progressed until I was doing it in my socks (not a great sight) on a laminate floor for the extra slip, and am now only about 8 or 10 inches away.

I graded on Wednesday just gone and failed! Not flexible enough and my opponent wants another 6 weeks to train so I could not do my fighting either. I grade again in 6 weeks and I will be ready. No doubts this time, I must be positive!

Rossko

#254060 - 02/26/07 11:01 AM Re: Stretching buddy [Re: RossKo]
Tezza Offline
Enthusiast

Glad you are back now matey. Its been quiet on here without you.
Shame about your grading, but dont get heart broken over it as i am sure the next opportunity you will ace.
As for the stretching, please keep us informed on your routine and progress.
You reply is much awaited.
Your very good freind

Tez

#254061 - 03/04/07 04:21 PM Re: Stretching buddy [Re: Tezza]
RossKo Offline

Loc: Kent, UK
Thanks mate,

Hows your health now dude? I heard you've been bogged down with flu etc? My stretch routine was a bit shakey this week but managed 4 out of 7 days. I wish I loved stretching as much as you!!! I was please to find out when I graded that the double side kick (like Van Damme does in the movies) isn't chambered in mid air like you would for a standard side kick. Both legs are merely swung up kind of as you would imagine a double dynamic stretching session!!! So my dynamic stretches are really important now. Its must be almost impossible to chamber on this (flashy and rediculously pointless) technique as your knees would touch. I can't believe there's no-one on here nowdays except me and you!!!

Rossko

P.S. whats the most flexibly challenging technique you've ever seen in real life?

#254062 - 05/05/07 02:08 PM Re: Stretching buddy [Re: RossKo]
sttretttch Offline
Stranger

Great Idea for a post this and it inspired me to join this forum. I bought Kurz's book over a year ago and have had some success with the dynamic front leg raise but have never got on well with the side leg raises. I have been doing them on and off (ussually starting after each grading)but so far never continued with them long enough to see any real progress. I have just ordered the secrets of stretching DVD which arrived today and am hoping that this time (with the help of this thread) I will stick to it.
My morning routine is sorted as I run to work each morning and can do some dynamic stretching when I get there nicely warmed up. am planning on spending next couple of months concentrating on some of the strengthening exercises on the dvd before getting started on the Isometric stretching.
Will be doing a warm up and some easy stretching later and will post some measurements so I can see what progress is made.

How are you all progressing? good luck

#254063 - 05/05/07 04:26 PM Re: Stretching buddy [Re: sttretttch]
sttretttch Offline
Stranger

So done some stretching this evening and measured from the splits position to the floor so I can see any improvement.
gotta long way to go down if i'm ever gonna do the splits but my main goal is to increase the hight of my kicks through dynamic stretching.

Side 36cm
front lft ft fwd 20cm
front rt ft fwd 18cm

#254064 - 02/25/08 09:05 AM Re: Stretching buddy [Re: sttretttch]
onb Offline

Loc: Canada
Hello everyone, I'm kinda back. It has been a VERY long time since I last posted here but if you go back to the beginning of the thread, I was here. I also did a lot of talking about my knee and my hamstring then. Like so many other people do, I was over training then and did cause myself some rather significant injury. As a quick update over the last year to explain where I'm coming from... here it goes.
- I tore my hamstring... this not only hurts a lot, it also takes a long time to heal properly
- Due to the hamstring damage, I had developed cyatica (sp?) which is like a dull pain that radiates up your back and down your leg on one side making all the muscles feel like they're rubber bands pulled too tight and about to snap.
- I was slide tackled in Soccer several times which basically ruined my right knee. At its worst, I couldn't run any more and walking was rather tough.

... then to top it all off, my club shut down in the middle of the night.

Well, I took it as a message and went on the rehab road. No training, no soccer, just R&R until the pain went away, then slow regaining of mobility and fitness. I'm back into TKD now for only about 3 months. Fortunately, the my technique came back quickly (kinda like riding a bike) but my flexibility is shot. Well... let me say that my static flexibility is shot. Dynamically, I can still perform some kicks to the high section with my right (formerly damaged) leg but when I use my right as the pivoting leg, my range is greatly reduced. Unfortunately, this makes me a more predictable fighter. High kicks from the right, low kicks from the left...

Anyway, enough of my sob story, I want to try to get back into some kind of stretchiness so I'll be posting from time to time to hopefully keep myself motivated and progressing.

Measured @ 6:00am, un-warmed, in office
Splits 43cm
Right front 30cm
Left front 33cm

Man, I've lost it... well, lets work on it i guess.

ONB

Page 14 of 14 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, WhiteDragon11 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga