FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
BUJU, Pilsungkarate, ALF, old1, Leonar
22928 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ronin1966 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
futsaowingchun 2
ergees 2
cxt 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
Yesterday at 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
Yesterday at 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
Yesterday at 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
10/22/14 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Forum Stats
22928 Members
36 Forums
35584 Topics
432513 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 24 of 26 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 >
Topic Options
#252976 - 08/28/06 01:40 PM Re: Ranting and Raving [Re: harlan]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

Whew, okay. Now it makes sense.

#252977 - 08/28/06 01:41 PM Re: Ranting and Raving [Re: harlan]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

Here is a rant. I sometimes hate the internet in regards to email, chatting and message boards. It is sometimes hard, for me, to understand what someone writes. And I mean what they are feeling, were they joking, serious. I guess that is why smileys come into play.

#252978 - 08/28/06 02:12 PM Re: Ranting and Raving [Re: JasonM]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
I hate this icon:

#252979 - 08/28/06 02:23 PM Re: Ranting and Raving [Re: harlan]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

I have a hard-fast policy that I stick to thats based on logic: I don't give cash handouts. reasons 1. How do I know they aren't saving up to buy something which does more harm than good for them? often cases, they are alcoholic and/or drug users...I'm not part of the solution for them by being an enabler. 2. Healthy, honest people who are down and out can cut lawns, deliver papers, or even volunteer work can get you your next meal, etc. It's their choice to ask for change instead of making it. 3. for true veterans of war, the VA needs to take care of them particularly if the family is not around - it's a moral promise/contract the government made for their service. isn't it? sounds harsh, but thats the way it's suppossed to work. can you imagine a single mom with child asking for change? social services would take the child away from the mother faster than a veteran could get a cup of coffee. If I see someone with a veteran sign who looks like they could be a vet, I talk to them and make sure they know where the closest VA is.

A vet living on the street is as unacceptable as a homeless child and as unacceptable as tax cuts during war while reducing VA benefits. when the heck is the other half of the US going to wake up?
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/082406R.shtml

hello?? red-state bible-belt people...can we get some logic voted back in office please? faith-based economics just doesn't cut it in a global economy. what happens is the upper class people with the most 'faith' (in the candidate) get all the money in tax cuts - the middle class working poor of soldiers, teachers, police and basically all the people making the country run day to day, get hosed.

follow the money...it really is that simple.

#252980 - 08/28/06 03:42 PM Re: Ranting and Raving [Re: Ed_Morris]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

#252981 - 08/28/06 05:50 PM Re: Ranting and Raving [Re: JasonM]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
Quote:

Here is a rant. I sometimes hate the internet in regards to email, chatting and message boards. It is sometimes hard, for me, to understand what someone writes. And I mean what they are feeling, were they joking, serious. I guess that is why smileys come into play.

I have hte same problem.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#252982 - 08/29/06 10:08 AM Re: Ranting and Raving [Re: Stormdragon]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Can't stand the practice of polygamy.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060829/ap_on_re_us/polygamist_arrested

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5297990.stm

Heh...no more 'Big Love' for you, buddy.

Edited by harlan (08/30/06 10:35 AM)

#252983 - 08/29/06 06:28 PM Re: Ranting and Raving [Re: harlan]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
Sick [censored] couldn't say no to his own screwed up desires. And of course couldn't help following in his fathers footsteps. What confuses me is why didn't the reasigned husbands and fathers just tell the [censored] to f*** off. If some jerk extremist told me I was being reasigned and having my family given over to someone else, I'd say f*** you, and pull out my .357 and give him three seconds to rtemove himself from my property with his nuts intact! It'd be old fashion redneck justice!
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#252984 - 08/29/06 10:18 PM Re: Ranting and Raving [Re: Ed_Morris]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
Quote:

hello?? red-state bible-belt people...can we get some logic voted back in office please? faith-based economics just doesn't cut it in a global economy. what happens is the upper class people with the most 'faith' (in the candidate) get all the money in tax cuts - the middle class working poor of soldiers, teachers, police and basically all the people making the country run day to day, get hosed.

follow the money...it really is that simple.

Ed,
when was the last time a poor person offered YOU a job? People who don't want to see "rich" people succeed are only cutting their own throats in the job market, and I can't see much philanthropy from poor people either... they might share, if they're trapped in the same circumstances, but not give anyone an outright gift to keep them going.

As for the "red-state Bible-belt people", I never will understand how you "blue state drooling liberals" seem to think you've got all the answers when your taxes are more than the income of some countries, and you live waiting for the next government handout in order to survive. As for
Quote:

can we get some logic voted back in office please?

I assume you mean demo-rats... like our former first mistress Komrad Klinton... or her drinking buddy, the ever-popular RINO John McCain who admitted to South Carolina voters that he lied big time when he was here because he thought he'd beat George Bush who was depending on the truth to win here.

And by the way, it isn't "faith-based economics" that just doesn't cut it in a global economy... because it's "faith based charity" rather than welfare that's where the rub comes in to people who think government is supposed to solve every problem they have... and will never be satisfied with the answers, because government never solves anything... they simply move to the next stage of it.

If anybody's getting hosed in the current economy, it's because they're too lazy or dumb to go find a job. To have taken the hits that this country has taken in the last 10 years and still be rocking along like it is, is amazing... and it's because people are taking advantage of those "rich people's" investments in businesses and trade to keep the economy steaming along. There's no way to give government handouts to lead to prosperity, because government doesn't run off it's own income... it runs off everyone else's... and in order to give you something, they have to take it away from someone else... economics 101.

As for "poor teachers", you need to check the expenditure records... more money is spent on education in this country than anywhere else in the world, but they don't spend it on education... they spend it on social engineering. If half of what is spent went to education, we wouldn't be 33rd in the world in math and science...

You're right when you say "follow the money"... and if you want to follow it right now, try the international banks that are sucking this country dry... foreign corporations that are taking the wealth of this country and returning nothing except a higher trade deficit for our good will.

Since I live in one of those "Bible-belt" states, you might find it interesting that it was the "other party" who arranged all the deals with China to undermine the textile industry in America, and our former Komrad Klinton who gave the okay for allowing state secrets to be passed over to the Chinese and other communist countries who are now threatening us with our own technology. He also allowed Muslim operatives to work in our defense industries and have clearances which allowed them to hack into our defense department files for our satellite information. Is that some of the "logic" you want returned to Washington?

Right now, we're fighting terrorist enemies on foreign soil... give guys like you want elected a chance, and you'll be fighting them in an effort to go to your grocery store... Whether or not you want to declare it, we're in World War III, and "engaging the enemy" doesn't mean talking to them... it means decimating them. They are like arguing with a bear... when you stop talking, the bear will still kill and eat you... and until everybody that wants "sanity returned to Washington" understands what's going on in the world, and that these people want you dead, along with your family and your friends, we will continue to fight muslim facists, and only America will be the victim of its own stupidity... the facists know it, and are making all in America who want to "engage" them their willing accomplices...

#252985 - 08/29/06 10:50 PM Re: Ranting and Raving [Re: wristtwister]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote by WT -

Quote:

If anybody's getting hosed in the current economy, it's because they're too lazy or dumb to go find a job.

Gross over-simplification there. Enron? It's not dumb or lazy when you are lied to by the people that you work for. I agree with you that simple-minded hatred of the rich is pointless, but with a culture of tax avoidance schemes that lesser-income folks are not privvy to, you see where (earned) resentment can come from.

Page 24 of 26 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga