FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111, BUJU, Pilsungkarate
22931 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
Matakiant 1
ergees 1
William_Bent 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Forum Stats
22931 Members
36 Forums
35588 Topics
432519 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#252253 - 10/30/06 09:56 AM Re: When to strike? [Re: Chen Zen]
vegantkd Offline

Quote:

A pre-emptive strike is key to self defense. And its legal in most places. Check your local laws, if thats a worry to you. Most of the time you can tell the difference between a talker and someone who has the intent to hurt you. Use your instincts.

Didn't President Bush make it so that pre-emptive strikes are not only legal but are the "cool" thing to do?

#252254 - 10/30/06 10:23 AM Re: When to strike? [Re: vegantkd]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
lol yeah... But to be fair, I was doing it long before he was.

#252255 - 11/30/06 09:48 PM Re: When to strike? [Re: vegantkd]
Shouji Offline

Loc: VA
Depends on where you live. I live in Northern VA, and I would get my ass locked up if I threw the first punch (hurrah liberalville)

#252256 - 01/17/07 09:20 PM Re: When to strike? [Re: Sorin]
OneInchPunchMaster Offline

Loc: England
I would wait for the other guy to hit me first, that way if i get in trouble by the principal i can say that he started it and i was only defending myself.

#252257 - 01/19/07 05:23 PM Re: When to strike? [Re: pepto_bismol]
TaeKwonBoxer Offline

Quote:

I am in an interesting situation right now...

I am sort of wondering, I have somebody telling he will kick my *** and that he will get friends to help kick my***, yet they actually do nothing (except throw insults left and right)

now I wonder, when is it right to atack? If he is truly planning on fighting with me, why delay it? Why wait for his friends, why fight on his terms?

It seems these verbal insults are just very... cheap.

Now I know physical violence should only be used in self defence but I almost feel like the only way to prevent fighting many is to fight one and make an example of him.

If I do this then I would be going through a huge moral dillema though. Because he might just be a cocky guy trying to impress his girlfriend+friends.

So my questions are, when to fight? When to throw the first strike? When does verbal abuse/threats escalate to a level to where physical violence is the only way to stop this pest.

Is it ever right to throw the first strike? If I don't take out this thug now, then would I have to deal with him and his "friends" later?

If I do hurt this guy, even though he verbally provoked me... would I be as guilty as him?

If I do not take him out now, he might very well pick on another person who is less capable of defending himself, so maybe beating him is the answer.

Since these insults/threats will continue can somebody tell me what I should do or what you would do if you were in my situation. The most important question I have is when do I have the right to atack?

I had a simular situation as this, I play baseball for my high school and there was this kid who constantly talked [censored] about me, and hit on my girlfreind, i just let it go, and it escalted to him stealing my jacket and pissin on it. I never saw the kid again, but my anger soared, until i saw him the other day at a baseball meeting, and decided to end it there, i pretty much beat him into pulp, guess what? he doesnt say anything about me! and hmm neither does anyone else? i wonder why?!

One can only take so much before an ass whoping is in order.

#252258 - 01/19/07 06:50 PM Re: When to strike? [Re: TaeKwonBoxer]
UofM Shorin Ryu Offline
Resident Forum Breakdancer

Quote:

I had a simular situation as this, I play baseball for my high school and there was this kid who constantly talked [censored] about me, and hit on my girlfreind, i just let it go, and it escalted to him stealing my jacket and pissin on it. I never saw the kid again, but my anger soared, until i saw him the other day at a baseball meeting, and decided to end it there, i pretty much beat him into pulp, guess what? he doesnt say anything about me! and hmm neither does anyone else? i wonder why?!

. Wow...just....wow. Remind me not to come to your high school, I don't like to be around total jerks....

How is your situation even REMOTELY similar? Pepto is being thretened, you are not. Pepto is in a self-defense situation, you are beating people up to maintain your ego.

Are you proud that you beat this guy up? Do you feel like a big man now? Cause you're not.

And no one else talks about you because clearly you have an anger problem, and are a total jackass.

Self- DEFENSE buddy

Frankly, I'd like the guy you beat up to post on here, so we can advise him to tell the authorities and get your butt expelled.

Seriously, grow up.

#252259 - 01/19/07 08:26 PM Re: When to strike? [Re: TaeKwonBoxer]
OneInchPunchMaster Offline

Loc: England
Quote:

Quote:

I am in an interesting situation right now...

I am sort of wondering, I have somebody telling he will kick my *** and that he will get friends to help kick my***, yet they actually do nothing (except throw insults left and right)

now I wonder, when is it right to atack? If he is truly planning on fighting with me, why delay it? Why wait for his friends, why fight on his terms?

It seems these verbal insults are just very... cheap.

Now I know physical violence should only be used in self defence but I almost feel like the only way to prevent fighting many is to fight one and make an example of him.

If I do this then I would be going through a huge moral dillema though. Because he might just be a cocky guy trying to impress his girlfriend+friends.

So my questions are, when to fight? When to throw the first strike? When does verbal abuse/threats escalate to a level to where physical violence is the only way to stop this pest.

Is it ever right to throw the first strike? If I don't take out this thug now, then would I have to deal with him and his "friends" later?

If I do hurt this guy, even though he verbally provoked me... would I be as guilty as him?

If I do not take him out now, he might very well pick on another person who is less capable of defending himself, so maybe beating him is the answer.

Since these insults/threats will continue can somebody tell me what I should do or what you would do if you were in my situation. The most important question I have is when do I have the right to atack?

Some guys NEED to get beat up before they realise how much of a [censored] they are being to others, they just think they are so hard and can bother anyone. Atleast you made him realise how much of a fool he was being, i doubt he will do it again seeing how bad you embarrased him, you taught him a lesson and i dont think he'll want to do it again on someone else unless he wants to get beat up by them too.

#252260 - 01/19/07 08:49 PM Re: When to strike? [Re: UofM Shorin Ryu]
TaeKwonBoxer Offline

Quote:

Quote:

. Wow...just....wow. Remind me not to come to your high school, I don't like to be around total jerks....

How is your situation even REMOTELY similar? Pepto is being thretened, you are not. Pepto is in a self-defense situation, you are beating people up to maintain your ego.

Are you proud that you beat this guy up? Do you feel like a big man now? Cause you're not.

And no one else talks about you because clearly you have an anger problem, and are a total jackass.

Self- DEFENSE buddy

Frankly, I'd like the guy you beat up to post on here, so we can advise him to tell the authorities and get your butt expelled.

Seriously, grow up.

The dude [censored] on my jacket, my 100 doller jacket, and it was the season I KNEW it was going to start up again, and im not bragging, i catch stuff EVERYDAY and ive never escalted it to this, so don't harras me for something you don't know, i did the right thing and the kid has said hes wanted to fight me for a long time, in fact i backed out of a fight at the end of last season (this is when he [censored] on my jacket)

It is people like you that allow [censored] like this to not be repremanded, you need to stop living in liberalville and relize when people are not stopped they feel like they can do anything, and DO escalate it, COUGH HITLER COUGH COUGH

Edited by TaeKwonBoxer (01/19/07 08:53 PM)

#252261 - 01/20/07 01:34 AM Re: When to strike? [Re: TaeKwonBoxer]
jonnyboxcutter Offline

TKB,

First off, it’s a forum people will ALWAYS assume the worst; still cant figure out why though. But you should know that your “liberalville” and “Hitler” comments are a bit misplaced and wont help your cause much.

Second, personally I would’ve hammered him in mid-stream, and then beat the snot out of him with his unit hanging out. Since you held out until later – I assume it was last season he “wet your jacket” - it doesn’t even remotely come across as self-defense but more like assault.

Still though your point was valid – to a point…
Quote:

when people are not stopped they feel like they can do anything

And like was said earlier…
Quote:

Some guys NEED to get beat up

One-way to look at it, is you may have saved the guy a SERIOUS ars wuppin’ or you may have saved someone else from one – these tend to be hard lessons to learn and even harder to forget.

Hope you enjoy the season, in peace…

-JBC-

#252262 - 01/20/07 01:38 AM Re: When to strike? [Re: UofM Shorin Ryu]
jonnyboxcutter Offline

UofM

Take a deep breath, it will be ok…

-JBC-

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga