FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#252155 - 08/24/06 03:19 AM Re: Playstation 3 [Re: Ed_Morris]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Sooner the better Ed, but check the small print before commiting.
Here in the UK some retailers are taking unlimited preorders with no consideration of the initial supply (there is simply a small print that says 'We can not guarantee availability on day of release'). What they dont tell you, is that after the initial launch, the next production run is due to be shipped in the early new year, so if you dont get your unit on november, you are sh1t out of luck till late January at the earliest (unless of course the price tag puts so many off that scarecity is not an issue).
I am on the list at a store called 'Game'. they have been taking names for a while now, but no money until they get told how many machines thay will be allocated, then they will contact the people on the list in order to offer first refusal on a unit. When the number of takers matches the number of units they are done. Simple.

I am early on the list, but there is no guarantee I will get the chance, but I would sooner know for sure, than dish out a deposit and sit there in blind hope for a machine that will probably not arrive till christmas is just a fond memory.

#252156 - 08/24/06 04:56 AM Re: Playstation 3 [Re: Cord]
kurdt Offline

Loc: philippines
people seem to mention tekken round here.. pretty good at using bryan fury wanna learn marduk and raven..
FA tekken tournament? anyways looking forward to ps3!

but i enjoyed halo 2 so much! my friend would hook up about 4 xboxes and wed all play.. about 16 players in just one house.. those where definitely good fragfests!

#252157 - 08/24/06 08:55 AM Re: Playstation 3 [Re: Cord]
Mr_Heretik Offline
Veteran

Loc: Bronx NY, USA
Quote:

Sooner the better Ed, but check the small print before commiting.
Here in the UK some retailers are taking unlimited preorders with no consideration of the initial supply (there is simply a small print that says 'We can not guarantee availability on day of release'). What they dont tell you, is that after the initial launch, the next production run is due to be shipped in the early new year, so if you dont get your unit on november, you are sh1t out of luck till late January at the earliest (unless of course the price tag puts so many off that scarecity is not an issue).
I am on the list at a store called 'Game'. they have been taking names for a while now, but no money until they get told how many machines thay will be allocated, then they will contact the people on the list in order to offer first refusal on a unit. When the number of takers matches the number of units they are done. Simple.

I am early on the list, but there is no guarantee I will get the chance, but I would sooner know for sure, than dish out a deposit and sit there in blind hope for a machine that will probably not arrive till christmas is just a fond memory.

Ed, you might also want to know that its never best to buy the first shipment of consoles, since those are always the defected ones. Sony always has those kind of manufacturing problems. I still know many people who turn their PS2 upside down, shake it, and do all kinds of things to get their games playing. I got my xbox on opening day and it lasted pretty long, I was one of the lucky ones. Then during that big black out two years ago my xbox burned.

It sounds like I'm being biased against Sony...no I'm not supporting fanboyism. I'm just highly skeptical.

#252158 - 08/24/06 08:42 PM Re: Playstation 3 [Re: Mr_Heretik]
Cord Offline
Prolific

I got both my PS1 and PS2 on the first production runs and never had any problems- maybe it will be third time unlucky, but for tekken 6 on launch day, I will take the chance

#252159 - 08/25/06 08:10 AM Re: Playstation 3 [Re: Cord]
Mr_Heretik Offline
Veteran

Loc: Bronx NY, USA

Now I know why. Europe gets their consoles after Japan and the U.S. So they get the better quality ones, while we get the ones that are stapled together at the last second.

Argh...

#252160 - 08/25/06 01:55 PM Re: Playstation 3 [Re: Cord]
ChooseURbattles Offline

I'm excited about the PS3 though Ill probably wait at least a year to buy it (aforementioned quality issue).
Glad to see so much love for tekken here too. Anyone that doesnt already visit should check out THE tekken website tekken zaibatsu. Heres a link to their forums.

#252161 - 08/25/06 06:16 PM Re: Playstation 3 [Re: Cord]
Crash Offline
Buckle up!

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Can't wait! Metal Gear Solid 4! Tekken 6! ye haw!

#252162 - 08/27/06 09:11 PM Re: Playstation 3 [Re: Crash]
ChooseURbattles Offline

I REALLY hope that Tekken 6 doesnt suck. As far as I'm concerned Namco has ONE MORE CHANCE with this series. T3 was revolutionary, and TAG was AWESOME! Everything after Tag has been at best mediocre, imo.

#252163 - 08/28/06 11:09 AM Re: Playstation 3 [Re: ChooseURbattles]
Cord Offline
Prolific

i didnt like Tekken 4 so much TBH, but I thought Tekken 5 was a real return to form. I think a good progression would be to expand some of the grappling/ground work possible. DOA 3 did this well with Bayman and Roland, and an old PS1 game called Kensei: Sacred Fist had some awesome ground move combo's. hope Namco follow suit.

#252164 - 08/29/06 02:16 AM Re: Playstation 3 [Re: ChooseURbattles]
SubZero Offline
Will breakfall for food

Metal Gear Solid is one of the reasons I'm just gonna wait for the PS3. All the Metal Gear games on the Ps1 and 2 have been great IMO.

But yeah I bought the first version of the PS2 and it won't play disks with the blue surfaces.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga