FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
MattJ 2
UKfightfreak 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#251171 - 05/10/06 11:33 AM Re: Just to offer a suggestion... [Re: kusojiji]
Uchinanchu Offline

Loc: Okinawa, Japan
Nice quote. Boy was I WAAAY off. I was just starting to think it might be a quote from "The Unfettered Mind" when you shot that down too.
Well, since no one figured yours out, I guess that means you can start the next one as well, unless you wish to "challenge" someone to come up with another quote?
I leave it up to you, oh mighty Kusojiji!

#251172 - 05/10/06 11:34 AM Re: Just to offer a suggestion... [Re: cheeze]
kusojiji Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: kokokokokoko
Quote:

Kusojiji - LOVE the name! LMAO.
I think I'll change my name to kusobaba

LOL

I think you are the first person to get that!

(or at least the first to mention it!)
Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts. Note: The Signature feature is currently not enabled by this bulletin board's administrator. You may use UBB Code in this field, but not HTML. The UBB Code Image tag is not permitted, however.

#251173 - 05/10/06 11:44 AM Re: Just to offer a suggestion... [Re: kusojiji]
Uchinanchu Offline

Oh no.....When I first read your name, I laughed so hard my wife thought I was having a fit. After I told her and the kids what I was laughing about, THEY couldn't stop laughing.
I gave some thought to changing MY handle to "Henna Ojisan" or "Sukebe Ojisan", but it just doesn't suit me...I'm not old enough yet!

#251174 - 05/10/06 12:13 PM Re: Just to offer a suggestion... [Re: Uchinanchu]
kusojiji Offline
Enthusiast

Nice!
Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts. Note: The Signature feature is currently not enabled by this bulletin board's administrator. You may use UBB Code in this field, but not HTML. The UBB Code Image tag is not permitted, however.

#251175 - 05/10/06 12:15 PM Re: Just to offer a suggestion... [Re: Uchinanchu]
kusojiji Offline
Enthusiast

Ok, here's an easy one, although who really said it first is a point of some historical dispute so maybe it will hold some challenge:

"After victory, tighten the cords of your helmet"

#251176 - 05/10/06 12:25 PM Re: Just to offer a suggestion... [Re: kusojiji]
Uchinanchu Offline

I'm going to give myself a personal challenge, and not even check my references. It sounds alot like something the infamous Oda Nobunaga might have once said after a particular battle (can't remember which one off the top of my head). He may have said it, but can't be sure he was the FIRST to.
Your verdict?

#251177 - 05/10/06 12:46 PM Re: Just to offer a suggestion... [Re: kusojiji]
Uchinanchu Offline

Sorry, I almost forgot to follow my own rules and tell you what I think the meaning of the quote is....Starting to get absent minded...maybe I AM old enough to use that new handle.
Anyway, as I have heard this quote before (or something similar to it anyway) I would venture to say that it means regardless of the number of victories, never let yourself become complacent ie.-"Always keep your guard up." or "Sleep with one eye open." or more appropriately for the time period- "For every spear shaft cut down, be prepared to have ten more sprout in it's place".
A bit dark way of thinking, but quite appropriate considering the time and place. For every enemy struck down, another is made.

#251178 - 05/10/06 01:19 PM Re: Just to offer a suggestion... [Re: Uchinanchu]
kusojiji Offline
Enthusiast

Quote:

I'm going to give myself a personal challenge, and not even check my references. It sounds alot like something the infamous Oda Nobunaga might have once said after a particular battle (can't remember which one off the top of my head). He may have said it, but can't be sure he was the FIRST to.
Your verdict?

Close! It was one of the three great unifiers, and it was following an important battle (perhaps the most significant battle in all Japanese history), but you are a little too early.

#251179 - 05/11/06 10:55 AM Re: Just to offer a suggestion... [Re: kusojiji]
Uchinanchu Offline

Gotchya!! That was a bit too much info, even for an adle brain like me. It can only be one person then....
Tokugawa Ieyasu at the battle of Sekigahara!!
As a side note, that was the battle that Miyamoto Musashi supposedly faught at (for the loosing side) before he had made a name for himself.
Well, my answer is right, yes?

#251180 - 05/11/06 11:37 AM Re: Just to offer a suggestion... [Re: Uchinanchu]
kusojiji Offline
Enthusiast

You got it!

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga