FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 44 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 12
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
Yesterday at 11:35 AM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432450 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 8 of 14 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#250004 - 09/12/06 12:52 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: PaulHart]
Joss Offline
Dragon

"I agree with this, doesn't every fight have the possibility to be the last, should we not enter into every combat situation as if it could be the last?"

There two ways to look at this. One addresses the, "vigor", if you will, in pursuing your survival.

The other addresses the gravity of "getting into it" in the first place. This aspect deals with why it's so risky and to be avoided. And this discussion is only "living or dying", as if all outcomes are either 100% health or 100% death. Real life isn't like that (can you say lose an eye? how about a knee, wrist or shoulder?). There's lots of ugly little ways you survive, but are never really the same.

One thing I learned from racing motorcycles is that most ways that you get hurt, you never come back 100% of what was.

As far as whether I accept "one punch, one kill" as a practical expectation, not at all. I think it is a dangerous training concept as it supresses learning to assume it WON'T work and that surviving is apt to require persistence.

I'd laugh at toting a pistol with just one bullet... and guns are generally accepted as much more deadly than punches.

#250005 - 09/12/06 01:07 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: Joss]
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

#250006 - 09/12/06 01:32 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: oldman]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
"It's the fall that kills."

I've heard this many times. I worked with someone who was locked up for 15yrs due to a bar fight. He hit the guy once knocking him down. When the guy fell he hit the back of his head on something and died.

One punch can kill,but not in the way you might expect

#250007 - 09/12/06 04:42 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: Joss]
skycatcher Offline

Quote:

There two ways to look at this. One addresses the, "vigor", if you will, in pursuing your survival.

But when you get into a fight, you have no idea if this guy is out to kill you or just hurt you. You don't know if he's going to pull a knife and stab you, you don't know what will happen if he gets you on the ground and starts beating you with his fists... you don't know if he's going to stomp on your head or kick your teech out...

Point is, you don't know what to expect so you should treat ever street fight as if the person is out to kill you. Once you have the situation under control it should be you that ends the fight and walks away without killing the guy or causing permanent damage.

It's better to be safe than sorry.

#250008 - 09/13/06 03:29 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: skycatcher]
PaulHart Offline
banned member

Loc: The Real
I don't really approach a fight like that, I don't think "If I fight this guy, he may Kill me" because I will not allow that idea to enter my mind. Takes my attention away from where it should be. My thought is that there will be no fight, only an execution. If he crosses the line, I will deal with it quickly and decisively. In my mind this gives him no chance to fight, which by definition is give and take. In my concept, there is no give when it comes to combat.

#250009 - 09/22/06 01:29 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: Ed_Morris]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
Wow you karateka are violent folks. Trying to kill with one punch? Thought that stuff was reserved for JKD forums.

Heres my thoughts: Is it possible. Sure. Many things are possible. Is it probable. No.

Tell you a quick story. My sister got into a fight over a boy once. She jumps on this girl, hits her once and the girl collapses. They take her away in a ambulance. My sister, who previous to this was a very nice person, nearly killed the girl. She had a pacemaker and no one knew it. Not even most of her close friends. So when you are on the street you never know what lies at the end of your fist.

#250010 - 02/20/07 05:06 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: GuitarNinja]
ShokiAnubis Offline
Stranger

It is obvious that one hit kills are possible. You would have to be a complete incompitant fool to believe other wise.
You people have to must respect for human beings. They are weak things that can easily be felled.
That stupid fool apparently 'fighting' a bull is nothing but a show bouting idiot. The real masters dont reveal their secrets, why would they want to share thier knowlegde with the like of you people?
Martial arts are a complete waste of time. They are nothing but silly dances with 'flashy' moves which have no actuall value in combat. The only things that are remotly useful in the martial arts are Dim Mak and qi gong. And they are pretty useless unless you are a TRUE MASTER, all of these well to be frank 'losers' walking round thinking they can take on the world because they have a stinking black-belt or they have had a few amatuer boxing matches are compleltly blind to see that their so-called 'skills' are completly useless. You cant learn to ride a bike by reading an instruction manual, like you cant learn to fight, i mean really fight, like are ancestors fought on countless battle fields bathed in blood, unless you really expireance actuall life or death conflict on a regular basis. No stupid 'kata' routines are going to prepair you for that!
YOU ARE ALL WORSHIPING FAULSE IDOLS!
THE REAL MASTERS DONT WASTE THIER TIME WITH YOU PEOPLE!
IF ANYONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH WHAT I JUST SAID. I DONT CARE.
BUT EMAIL ME ANYWAY WITH YOUR VIEWS.

p.s. I am "clearly an idiot"

Edited by BrianS (02/21/07 11:53 PM)

#250011 - 02/20/07 05:45 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: ShokiAnubis]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: USA
Dear forumites I ask for a moment of silence so that we may mourn the passing of Razwell as author of the single most insane posts on the site.

Some said that it couldn't be done--other asked "why would anyone WANT TO??"

But its clear that Razwell has some truly dedicated and frighteningly accomplished competition in the field of staggeringly nonsensical posts that still pull off being insulting at the same time.

I plan on dealing with my pain by drowing it in a fine port.

But please, mourn as you personally see fit.

Be strong, we will get thu this trying time togather.

Razwell will eventually triumph over this challanger.

(my bet BTW is one of our number is having us on---it takes real work to craft a post like ShokiAnubis wrote, )

Edited by cxt (02/20/07 05:49 PM)

#250012 - 02/20/07 06:06 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: BrianS]
l947 Offline

Loc: MO. USA
well if you all say one hit one kill is impossible because you don't believe it then fine . some say the same about kyusho and dim mac
some believe kyusho but not dim mac
but when I hit some one I'm careful not to cause death , just in case you're wrong .
if you look at a skull you see the plates join at the temple ,this is the thinest part and its at a junction of all the plate of the skull and under it is a major vain , cracking the skull here can cause an aneurysm kill with in 3 days without medical attention .
oh ya in boxing its against the rules to hit behind the ear ,

Edited by l947 (02/20/07 06:33 PM)

#250013 - 02/21/07 11:01 AM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: ShokiAnubis]
Salek Offline

Loc: Minnesota
You, "ShokiAnubis", are off your rocker. I hope you get the help you need.

God Bless

Page 8 of 14 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Ronin1966 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga