FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
1 registered (Bartfast), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 5
Dobbersky 5
Ed_Morris 4
ergees 3
futsaowingchun 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#249994 - 09/07/06 05:57 AM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: Victor Smith]
skycatcher Offline

Quote:

Sky,

A baseball hits a kid in the chest and they die. The kick to the chest and the person dies is the same phenomena.

It is very likely the strike took place at the 1/50,000th of a second their hear't 'T' wave was at the crest. A hard srike at that time will cause the heart to stop beating, and as my surgeon tells mee, unless there is competent medical help there immediately to restart the heart death ensues.

It's just the sad reality for the circumstances. It doesn't matter who the person is how how they've trained.

Of course this is nothing any person can control. You don't know when that 1/50,000th of a second is there, nor can you control any strike to hit at that point on purpose.

Ascribing anything else is just more urban myth.

As Doc says, who anywhere has actually killed a person with a punch, and then killed multiple people with the same punch over and over to prove their skill versus serindipity.

No one that who!

I'll have to agree, that sounds very plausible. I was always tought to, as mentioned above, make every move I do count. A good front kick should send the opponent to the ground and the fight should be over - that is probably as close to the "one puch, one kill" myth as anyone is going to get IMO.

#249995 - 09/07/06 06:44 AM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: BrianS]
Deltaforce69 Offline

Quote:

Since I sidetracked the other thread,again......

Do you believe in it? Train for it?

I for one do not. I think it's a myth or sort of a scare tactic. I don't recall ever hearing of this happening and don't believe I will.
People all over the world hit eachother hard,all over,all of the time,sadly.

Ex-soldier who killed man with one punch faces prison
DAVE FINLAY

A FORMER soldier who admitted killing a man with a single punch faces a prison sentence.

Michael McDonald, 23, became involved in a drunken altercation with his victim and hit him once in the face, causing him to fall and strike his head on the road.

Engineer Robert Jenkin was found lying unconscious in the street and died in hospital a week later.

Mr Jenkin, 47, suffered three skull fractures and internal bleeding and after the long-term medical forecast was described as "hopeless" his life support machine was switched off.

McDonald, of Carnegie Court, Edinburgh, admitted killing Mr Jenkin in an assault on July 16 last year, when he appeared at the High Court.

Advocate depute Neil Beardmore said that the victim, known as Robbie, was described as "a fun person who enjoyed a drink and a sing-song".

The father-of-two lived at Moredun Park Court, in Edinburgh, with his fiancee Anne Layden. Her daughter, Yvonne, had previously gone out with McDonald and he referred to Mrs Layden as "mum".

Mr Beardmore said that on July 15 last year Mr Jenkin had gone out for a drink on the Friday night and a taxi was called to pick him up from a pub in Musselburgh.

He was dropped off in the Craigmillar area and later phoned his fiancee and asked her to pick him up.

He said: "Hurry up, they're all bams down here, they're all running about wi' samurai swords."

Mr Beardmore said that Mrs Layden, who was brought up in the area, took this to be a joke.

The prosecutor said it appeared that McDonald had been out and about that night and was drinking. He encountered his victim and punched him in the face. He ran off immediately after the attack but then came back to the scene.

Mrs Layden arrived in Craigmillar Castle Road to find Mr Jenkin lying unconscious. His head and shoulders were on the road while the rest of his body lay on the pavement.

She saw McDonald standing over him, pacing about in an agitated way. He saw her and asked: "What are you doing here this time of night, mum?" She said it was Robbie and he replied: "I didnae ken that was Robbie."

Mr Beardmore said she tried to revive Mr Jenkin and McDonald pressed his chest in a bid to help resuscitate him.

Later that weekend McDonald told two women he was going to kill himself. He was taken to hospital for treatment after being seen with cuts on his arms and wrists.

McDonald later told police that he could not remember what he had been doing on the night of the assault because of the amount of alcohol he had been drinking.

Defence counsel Jane Farquharson said: "Clearly it is a tragic case, not least for the family of Mr Jenkin."

She said that McDonald has been receiving psychiatric care as an outpatient after trying to take his life.

Lord Kinclaven deferred a sentence for culpable homicide on him for background reports, but rejected a plea to continue his bail and remanded him in custody.

This article: http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=541212006

Last updated: 08-Apr-06 12:11 BST

#249996 - 09/07/06 06:45 AM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: BuDoc]
Deltaforce69 Offline

Quote:

No. and No.

I think boxers prove this point every day. One punch one kill??? Not even one punch for a knockout(rarely).

It involves set ups/multiple strikes or techniques.

Page

they use gloves and do not have fist condition

#249997 - 09/07/06 06:55 AM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: Deltaforce69]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

[

Edited by ANDY44 (09/07/06 07:30 AM)

#249998 - 09/07/06 06:58 AM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: ANDY44]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Mr Jenkin, 47, suffered three skull fractures and internal bleeding and after the long-term medical forecast was described as "hopeless" his life support machine was switched off

My sentiments to the guys family. Makes good news but I think his relatives would rather it wasnt so.

My thoughts are that hitting his head on the pave ment might have caused his demise.

Guessing the one who did it will poss get about 4 years Jail Be out in 3

I still dont believe that the punch itself can do it.
I think the object was to train every technique as though it could.

Punches arent always the answer.
fore arms and other parts of the body are capable of knocking some one down when a punch isnt the best technique to throw.

Edited by ANDY44 (09/07/06 07:32 AM)

#249999 - 09/07/06 11:46 AM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: ANDY44]
Deltaforce69 Offline

One punch killed star's brother
Ted Trimmer
Ted Trimmer was the younger brother of Deborah Kerr
A grandfather killed the brother of Hollywood actress Deborah Kerr with a single punch after an "unutterably trivial" dispute, a court has heard.

Eugene Warwood, 55, from Redditch, Worcestershire, shattered the jaw of retired journalist Edmund Trimmer, 78, after a "road rage" incident.

Warwood admitted the manslaughter of Mr Trimmer in West Heath, Birmingham in 2004 at an earlier hearing.

His sentencing at Birmingham Crown Court was adjourned until Thursday.

Timothy Raggatt QC, prosecuting, told Birmingham Crown Court on Wednesday that the incident had been "absolutely and entirely unprovoked".

The punch was of sufficient force to fracture the jaw and it must have rendered Mr Trimmer unconscious
Timothy Raggatt QC, prosecuting
He added: "This was a case of a road rage-style episode.

"The two men had never met and they were both out of their respective vehicles.

"What occurred prior (to the assault) is not at all easy to understand."

Mr Raggatt said it could have been that the two vehicles clipped wing mirrors or it may have had something to do with a parking space.

"If that is what happened then it was an unutterably trivial incident," he said.

#250000 - 09/07/06 12:06 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: Deltaforce69]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

Eugene Warwood, 55, from Redditch, Worcestershire, shattered the jaw of retired journalist Edmund Trimmer, 78, after a "road rage" incident.

mmmmmm
He was 78?
The guy who did it must be a bully
And it doesnt give a lot of details after the punch

I still dont think it is possable.

#250001 - 09/10/06 09:31 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: BuDoc]
mchammer Offline

Quote:

No. and No.

I think boxers prove this point every day. One punch one kill??? Not even one punch for a knockout(rarely).

Page

I see your point, but i think Mike Tyson proved that people can be knocked out in one punch. Thankfully there are not thousands of Mike Tysons everywhere.....

As for killing a man with a punch.....i think it's possible, but i wouldn't like to fight knowing i can die if i get just ONE hit off some guy.

#250002 - 09/11/06 08:46 AM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: mchammer]
skycatcher Offline

Quote:

Quote:

No. and No.

Page

I see your point, but i think Mike Tyson proved that people can be knocked out in one punch. Thankfully there are not thousands of Mike Tysons everywhere.....

As for killing a man with a punch.....i think it's possible, but i wouldn't like to fight knowing i can die if i get just ONE hit off some guy.

Isn't that the point of most martial arts? Out in the streets you should treat every fight like a life or death situation

#250003 - 09/11/06 02:49 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: skycatcher]
PaulHart Offline
banned member

Loc: The Real
I agree with this, isn't every fight have the possibility to be the last, should we not enter into every combat situation as if it could be the last?

While I am no way near the skill level to kill with one strike, I believe that to train for this ability is and should remain the goal, better to have the weapon and not use it than to need it and not have it.

Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Ronin1966 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga