FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 5
Dobbersky 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
ergees 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Today at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Today at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#249974 - 05/16/06 01:01 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: Martialist]
GuitarNinja Offline

Quote:

Okay... This is my first post so I may mess this up... Anyway, I would like to say that I agree with the "one punch, one kill" theory. Though it would need to be applied through pressure points with power and accuracy.

First off boxers and UFC guys shouldn't count. They are not fighting for survival, they are fighting for a paycheck or because they just like to. So the seriousness is gone. Also, they wear gloves which will take away from the force to the pressure points.

Which brings me to my theory. If pressure points are 1 AU by 1 AU (which is the thickness of your index finger) then power to them would be diffused by hitting them with a larger object, i.e. a fist in a boxing glove. If you punch someone with, say, 40 lbs of force to a pressure point with your knuckle (or eye of the phoenix, both appox. 1 AU) it would do 40 lbs of pressure. Now take the same force with a boxing glove. Just say, for the sake of argument, that a boxing gloves area could fit 10 AU. Now you 40 lbs punch just decreased to 4 lbs to that pressure point! This is why I believe that there are no common, everyday death cases in boxing and UFC.

Lay down on the ground and have someone drop a bowling ball from 2ft on the center of your chest... it hurts... bad. But take a .22 cal bullet and shoot it to the same point and it will kill you. Speed, power and accuracy in a strike to the right pressure point will kill in one punch.

There are pressure points that if struck the person can be knocked out and die unless they get a revival technique. Also, points that once activated could kill in days. "One Punch, One Kill" never said anything about a time limit

Not easy, but who said it should be.

Reality of it all is, most boxers/fighters hit harder than 40lbs of pressure... more like 500-1500 lbs so now your back to sqaure one... a boxer who hits with 500 lbs of pressure is still hitting more than 4lbs to that pressure point ... Have you EVER been hit by someone wearing boxing gloves ?? How about MMA gloves ?? Honestly, those guys are more serious about what they do than you probaly are about what you do... I firmly believe in the "one punch, one kill" theory... but come on now... you know what its like to be in a real confrontation ?? Most people forget their own name, let alone how to properly strike and finish an opponent off with tiny ass pressure points, and im sure weve all written, heard and said our name more than practiced any technique!

Do yourself a favor, get into a small exhibition bout between a boxer or MMA guy.. then come back and tell me its not about survival.

#249975 - 05/16/06 02:07 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: Martialist]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

rediculous examples.

also, any 'psi' numbers have to backed up with data or reference to a study...even if it was your own, not picked out of a hat. if you are guessing, then say so...bad information spreads like herpes on the internet. bad comparisons (dropping a bowling ball vs. a fired bullet???) are like watching comparitive absorbancy tests on paper towel commercials.

one punch, one kill challenge:
1st: measure how hard the hardest hitter punches.
2nd: measure how hard and where it takes to kill someone with reproducable results.

guess what? the 2nd item, you'll never ever find data for. know why? because the study has never been done.

we hear accident reports in news stories...so of course one hit is possible to kill someone. is it reproducable or even likely? again, no reproducable data. The closest you got is the baseball to the chest during a microsecond window...since there is no way even a psychic MAists would know an opponents precise EKG in order to reproduce that result....I'd call it 'unlikely' at best. the chances are better of getting hit by lightning....but there are some who claim they can do that too.

'ikken hissatsu' is a metaphore....as in "All the world's a stage".

#249976 - 05/16/06 02:10 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: GuitarNinja]
butterfly Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Torrance, CA
Guitarnija said it well!

#249977 - 05/16/06 03:58 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: butterfly]
shuri Offline

Loc: Central IL
chuck norris could kill in one punch

but seriously it must be possible that a very strong experienced person could kill in one punch

my logic
could someone kill a baby in one punch, yes, why they are just a baby no defence very fragile
could they kill a 5 year old yes, still very fragile and not defencive
a ten year old, yes, more difficult though
at what point does it become impossible to kill i say it doesnt
people are basically frail and with the perfect punch lets say foreknuckles to throat or an incredibly hard punch to the chin at the correct angle yes you could kill someone it would however be very difficult i think

Edited by shuri (05/16/06 03:59 PM)

#249978 - 05/16/06 04:10 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: shuri]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

I suppose it's old partna', but the beat goes on
Da da dum da dum da da

#249979 - 05/16/06 11:48 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: GuitarNinja]
Martialist Offline
Stranger

Alright...

If you guys got hung up on the numbers then you missed my point. All I was trying to say is that the force to a pressure point would be less as the striking surface area got higher.

Please understand that I was not trying to put MMA guys or boxers down. They are great athletes.

#249980 - 09/06/06 01:04 AM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: BrianS]
yamaguchi Offline

Loc: mississauga, Ontario, Canada
absolutly it is possible to kill a person with one punch , in the olden days people used to prove the power of there punch by punching a bull in the head and in many cases they would kill the bull in one hit so if that is possible then i think someone who has achieved such a powerful punch would have no trouble at all killing a man in one punch. the problem is that someone that powerful is very hard to find now adays

#249981 - 09/06/06 01:16 AM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: yamaguchi]
PaulHart Offline
banned member

Loc: The Real
I am not disagreeing with the possibility to end the life of the opponent with one strike. I would like to know where you got the information to the "killing a Bull with a strike" story. I know Mas Oyama use to fight a Bull, but kill it, not on a good day. That man could punch. There was a Yoshukai guy who took on a Tiger, but this was with weapons. I would love to see written documentation of this, with some back up like pictures.

#249982 - 09/06/06 03:49 AM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: PaulHart]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

I am not disagreeing with the possibility to end the life of the opponent with one strike. I would like to know where you got the information to the "killing a Bull with a strike" story. I know Mas Oyama use to fight a Bull, but kill it, not on a good day. That man could punch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UMkvcPpF1Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FteS-NxwXsA

Guys you will have to draw your own conclusion about the bull thing

Hi Paul

I dont believe the one punch theory.To knock an attacker out yeah. All this talk about pressure points etc. I think the JKA perhaps what they meant was to train each technique as though it could?

Im not to sure about the bull theory, he was a skilled man but no way can any man match the strenght of a bull. Maybe an old bull?

Either way i cant see the point.

#249983 - 09/06/06 03:58 AM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: GuitarNinja]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

Quote:

Do yourself a favor, get into a small exhibition bout between a boxer or MMA guy.. then come back and tell me its not about survival.

Its is about survival sometimes for the boxers and MMA,s and the third person getting in to the exibition bout.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PgKRt81khM&NR

Think the ref needs work on his punching? technique? and social skills.

nice take down or rather throw out
"ANIMAL

Unless its a show piece, wind up,publicity stunt

Edited by ANDY44 (09/06/06 06:29 AM)

Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Ronin1966 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga