FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 3
futsaowingchun 3
Matakiant 3
kolslaw 1
Bartfast 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Eugue Ryu
by
03/27/07 12:06 AM
Recent Posts
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Victor Smith
09/28/14 07:11 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35579 Topics
432500 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 9 of 14 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 >
Topic Options
#250014 - 08/17/07 03:55 AM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: Salek]
Alabama_Samurai Offline

Yes, I do believe in "one punch one kill". It's a simple matter of physics really. It's a matter of generating enough power to cause the physical damage that can cause death. Skulls being cracked by bare knuckle punches are nothing new. Although broken jaws, and nasal bones are MUCH more common.

If a guy's head were between a hard medium, the "one punch one kill" would be easier. Let's say that you have a guy's head on the concrete and you're somebody that can pack one heck of a punch, I can see it happening.

But to kill a man of equal size with a single punch while he is standing takes an incredible amount of power, but it IS possible. Also, a powerfull well placed punch to the back of the neck has the potential to be lethal.

If one interprets "one punch one kill" a but more loosely, to include "one strike one kill", then how could one not see this as being possible?

To be totally honest, I don't know anybody that could take my full power ridge-hand to their neck. And there are people that can throw a ridge hand MUCH harder than I can.

I believe a person can be killed with a single strike. In fact, I KNOW that they can. I'm NOT saying this from experience, but rather from knowledge of physics and human anatomy.

#250015 - 08/17/07 05:32 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: Alabama_Samurai]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
Theres no doubt that its possible BUT would you bet your nutts on it, or do you train for the worst case scenario. That the guy won't be setup so that you can kill him, and that maybe, just maybe, he can fight too.

Being prepared is he best method even if you waste a technique missing him because he already fell. Better prepared then sorry!! Thats was suppose to work, Make it work don't think it works. I always say.

But yes in theory you are right, there are lots of people in jail for Man slaughter, fights that went terribly bad/sad.

#250016 - 08/17/07 05:53 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: Neko456]
Alabama_Samurai Offline

I believe in training for "one punch one kill" in that I believe I can ALWAYS surpass my previous ability. By training like this I keep myself from hitting a plateau. But, at the same time, I am NOT going to assume that I'm going to lay somebody out with one strike. I have every intention of laying somebody out, or breaking something with grappling, but at the same time, I don't assume that one hit is going to be all it takes. I'm going to keep fighting until either my opponent is down and no longer a threat or until I can get away.

#250017 - 08/17/07 06:59 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: Alabama_Samurai]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
Quote:

I believe in training for "one punch one kill" in that I believe I can ALWAYS surpass my previous ability. By training like this I keep myself from hitting a plateau. But, at the same time, I am NOT going to assume that I'm going to lay somebody out with one strike. I have every intention of laying somebody out, or breaking something with grappling, but at the same time, I don't assume that one hit is going to be all it takes. I'm going to keep fighting until either my opponent is down and no longer a threat or until I can get away.

Then in principle you believe in the theory but in practice you train more practical. So why do you make a stand on a theory. As you mention in grappling you expect to break someone limb, maybe but not always possible. You assume alot. Confidence is good, but over confidence is not wise.

Our theories are not that far apart except that I take whatever I can or from whatever mistake the opponent feeds me. I don't assume anything until I get home, in the mist of combat I just react. If I knock him out from a throw, sweep, strike or choke great if I knock him down or break something with strikes, stomps or locks great. If I just bloody his nose and face or internal until he submits or I can escape, great. I expect nothing that I don't make happen.

One strike, one Kill, yes I agree One strike right after another! I really don't want to Kill, unless there is no way out. The Kill I'm after is his desire to be a threat to me.

Edited by Neko456 (08/17/07 07:01 PM)

#250018 - 08/17/07 07:12 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: Neko456]
Alabama_Samurai Offline

I do in fact believe that a person can be killed with a single blow. That is why I defended the concept. I am simply saying that I don't believe in throwing a technique and then assuming that the opponent will dropped dead or be knocked out. There's been cases in boxing where a fighter was knocked out and then was repeatedly hit after they were already knocked-out. Now, if I see that the person is no longer a threat I an going to stop, but not until that point.

#250019 - 08/17/07 10:01 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: Alabama_Samurai]
chunky_chicken Offline

Loc: Merrillville, Indiana, USA
i was told of an old MA master that would take a hammer, rock, or whatever and would break his hand. then he would put it in the shape of a fist and wrap it like that to heal. the bone would come back harder and stronger, and hed do it again. repeating this over and over until the filled in the parts of his joints and he no longer had a "hand", but a giant bone block on the end of his arm. now, getting hit with this once, in the right spot, and try to say your not gonna die.

but truthfully how many people are going to do this. probly no one, maybe 1. it seemed to be pretty well agreed throughout this thread that yes, it is possible, but not probable.

though the origanl question was not can any person throw one punch that will kill. it was can one punch kill, and yes it can.

even if it comes after a several dozen

-ET

#250020 - 08/17/07 10:27 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: chunky_chicken]
student_of_life Offline
Veteran

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
please find the person who told you that story and laugh at them for me.

#250021 - 08/17/07 11:47 PM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: student_of_life]
chunky_chicken Offline

Loc: Merrillville, Indiana, USA
ha, hey now, theres a chance its true, people have done some pretty crazy things

#250022 - 08/20/07 02:54 AM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: chunky_chicken]
Isshinryukid4life Offline
Professional Injury causer

Loc: Knoxville.
Wow! this is an hilarious thread,please keep the myth/jokes coming.;)

#250023 - 08/20/07 07:24 AM Re: One punch,one kill [Re: chunky_chicken]
student_of_life Offline
Veteran

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
and this one time at bushi band camp, hoan soken took choki motobu's eku and stuck it up funakoshi's , and thats why his stances were so high, lol.

i have my own idea of what the one punch one kill idea stands for. it could mean anything from finish the fight as quickly as posible, to apply the correct technique to the opponent so that his ability to continue the offence is destroyed, and that technique could be anything. judge the opponents attack and apply a single motion that will destroy his ballance and provide a good angle for a damaging attack, or a hard throw. i don't like thinking of it as punch only, more like attack.

Page 9 of 14 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Ronin1966 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga