FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 6
AndyLA 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
VDJ 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Recent Posts
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
Yesterday at 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35572 Topics
432483 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#247526 - 04/19/06 02:25 PM Treats and their frequency
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
We spend so much time on here talking about what we avoid, and how sugar and fried food are like bungee jumping of a 6 foot wall. So as a change of tack, what are your favourite treats, and how often do you allow yourself to have them?

I will go first.

1x Nutrageous bar. 1 every month. Pure Joy

I then also have one other treat in the month- either savoury or sweet depending on which I fancy at the time.

Sweet options

Tub of ice cream (HD cookies and cream, or B&J's Oh my Apple Pie being regular examples)

1 box of 6 glazed donuts

Savoury options

Full indian meal (onion bhajee, mushroom rice, chicken tikka, prawn phuree and a keema naan)

Chinese meal (crispy aromatic duck, special fried rice, chilli shredded chicken, won ton soup)

Pizza (largest size available) (pizza hut stuffed crust super supreme with extra cheese and spicy beef, or domino's full house on a dominator base).

So, there are my weaknesses. I do not have a fixed date of the month when i have my treat, I know its the day when I am living it. i have been known to have my treats on the last, then first day of the month, making 2 days in a row, but thats fine, its doesnt break the rules

So 'fess up, what are your weaknesses, and how do you incorporate them into your healthy lifestyle?

#247527 - 04/19/06 02:38 PM Re: Treats and their frequency [Re: Cord]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
Favorite treat: Halvah...I can't resist the stuff. Chocolate as well. If it wasn't for the whining of my brats on 'holidays' I would never buy the stuff.

Monday through Friday I'm never home...so it's easy to 'be good'. But the weekends are another matter...

#247528 - 04/19/06 02:43 PM Re: Treats and their frequency [Re: harlan]
tkd_high_green Offline
Veteran

Loc: Vermont
Chocolate and peanut butter, preferably together.

mmmmm reeses peanut butter cups...... drool. Thanks alot. There goes my diet. grumble...mmmmmm....grumble

Laura

#247529 - 04/19/06 06:34 PM Re: Treats and their frequency [Re: Cord]
MikeMartial Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Occasional glass (or two) of red wine during the week

Since BBQ season is just around the corner, I'm sure a few brew will make their way into my life...

Dark chocolate. I'm talking the 80% cocoa stuff. Very rarely do I wander down this path....highly addicting for me.

Around the firehall, we get a lot of people dropping off pies and icecream, pizzas, doughnuts, etc. as a "thank-you". Little do they know they are killing off their local firefighters slowly. I find my willpower weakest at work.

#247530 - 04/19/06 07:20 PM Re: Treats and their frequency [Re: Cord]
pepto_bismol Offline
infinite kudos

I love chinese food or indian food, thai food is also a great option.

All of these resteraunts cost a decent amount of $ so of course you can't go there every day hence the "treat"

I ussualy have a few "healthy choice" candy bars around, even though they are probably not that healthy..

#247531 - 04/19/06 07:55 PM Re: Treats and their frequency [Re: pepto_bismol]
gojuwarrior1 Offline
tougher than you

Loc: East Coast, USA
Ahhh...sweets...my only weakness in life....how i love sweets . I eat sweets everyday! i cant help it .

#247532 - 04/19/06 08:00 PM Re: Treats and their frequency [Re: pepto_bismol]
Alicia Offline

Loc: BC, Canada
I don't know how anyone could ever limit treats to once per month!

My Treats:
-Beef Donairs (from one particular place)
-Southwestern Potato skins from BP (chicken, BBQ sauce, garlic dressing, bacon, and cheddar)
-Sweet and sour pork, or beef and Chinese mushrooms and
prawn fried rice
-Vegetable pakora
-Beef Sukiyaki
-Mexican food in general is amazing

-Solid milk chocolate

mmmm....food...

Frequency: once a week at least - more during high stress times.

#247533 - 04/19/06 08:08 PM Re: Treats and their frequency [Re: gojuwarrior1]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
Candybars are a treat a get every once in a while. I try to stick to about one or two a month, but once you have one, it's very easy to have another. Also when I buy a pack of dark chocolate to mix into my trail mix, the leftovers usually disappear before I have to make another batch. I wonder how that happens...

Peanut butter is my big one, though. I like Jif, the stuff with all the additives and sugar and crap, but it tastes GREAT!! I'll slop a big glob on my bread and sometimes I'll have two sandwiches a day. I don't know if it's all that bad, but I can eat a lot of it.

My problem is that if it's there in the house or in front of me, I'll just eat it, and eat if fast. Of course that pertains to sweets and chocolates, not brussels sprouts.

#247534 - 04/20/06 01:54 AM Re: Treats and their frequency [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Let's start with eating out (restaurants ). I actually hate going out as nothing does it for me ... except once and a while I like going to Red Robins as they make the best Mozza and Mushroom Burger plus they have these steak fries that are unlimited.

Prior to starting working out over 8 years ago I used to have dessert with lunch, snack when got home, supper and snack at night. I actually eliminated dessert for years but eventually I came back. There is a certain brand of Chocolate Chip cookies that I love and can eat a whole bag but I will control myself and just have 3 or 4 at a time with milk after supper. Not all of the time but if they are in the house then I will demolish them.

I love chocolate and the darker the better. There is a burnt almond dark chocolate chocolate bar that I love. And yesterday my wife had a Hershey's chocolate covered chocolate marshmellow that I made short work of.

I love ice cream but don't have it very often, maybe 4 times a years ... as I am lactose intolerant. And when I do eat ice cream (or drink milk), I cannot follow it up with pop as the carbonation does short work of my stomach. However I don't really care for pop ... though once and a while I will steal some sips of my wife's Diet Dr. Pepper, or we will share a can.

I also like Peanut Butter, though it has to be Kraft Smooth. That on toast with a generous portion of Margarine to make it even smoother and hmmmm hmmmm good.

My wife says I snack too often, and she maybe slightly right. However I will do so prior to working out or going to class so I know I'm going to burn it off.

#247535 - 04/20/06 03:09 AM Re: Treats and their frequency [Re: Cord]
Chanters Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Manchester, UK
My treats are usually on a Saturday and it could be any one or two of the following:

1 Galaxy bar
A couple glasses of red wine
Pizza
Balti Chana (chickpeas) from the Indian takeaway with peshwari naan
A slice of homemade cake
Chips and gravy from the chippy (yep I am a Northern lass)!

Roll on Saturday!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga