FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
1 registered (Zombie Zero), 20 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
simonajones111 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
harlan 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Forum Stats
22931 Members
36 Forums
35588 Topics
432520 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#246001 - 04/18/06 06:49 AM Re: challenged and won! [Re: Sorin]
ThomsonsPier Offline

Loc: Reading, UK
I'd like to second the above post, but only as far as the statement that you're arrogant. You have posted on a bulletin board with tales of your own brilliance which you can't be bothered to write in English (which, according to one of your own posts, you can) and expect us to read it and respect you.

I'd like to believe, as does Sorin above, that it might be due to a lack of awareness of your own writing style, but I'm not that charitable. Sorry.

War. It's fan-tastic!

#246002 - 04/18/06 06:51 AM Re: challenged and won! [Re: Sorin]
DaDoN_1 Offline
twinkle toes

No. I didn't just walk into the man's class and asked for a fight. I was sitting there at first and just observing, and I asked for excuse before i stepped near his floor, took off my shoes and then proceeded, arrogant is the last thing that I am, well...maybe not the last, but it's not high on my list at all. Sorin, looks like u just skimmed through what I typed, i didn't own the teacher at all, yes I beat him, but i said it was hard faught and well earned.
i'll post more when i get back home..too busy
have a great day ppl!!!!

#246003 - 04/18/06 09:19 AM Re: challenged and won! [Re: DaDoN_1]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Wow... I mean wow! This thread has everything and I mean everything! Da Don da Don don don, you da man! We've got spinning kicks, jumping kicks, K.O's, owning, Grand Masters, ultimate fighters in the world, threats and the ultimate VTG trait, a complete sense of reality BAH!!!!!

For the record, I don't believe a word you have typed. Furthermore if you're a proud product of a Grand Master I'll pretty much go out on a limb to suggest that its time to start shopping for a new Grand Master Sokey Pokey, coz your current one is obviously feeding you a crock of doggy don da da doo!

As for teaching a self defence class, please stop. Myself and lots of like minded martial artists and self defence dudes have already got our work cut out trying to sort out the mess the MA's world is currently in, without you adding to it.

Anyway, thats enough from me... back to you big boy! Dude you ROCK!

#246004 - 04/18/06 12:45 PM Re: challenged and won! [Re: DaDoN_1]
Galen Offline

Dadon

Lets go at this another way...

Think for a moment...and be honest, at least with yourself if not us.

Why did you post this in the first place? What possible reason could you have had for taking the time and energy to write the original post?

There was nothing there to educate the reader.

There was nothing there to challenge the reader.

There was nothing there for most to even identify with.

The only reason I can see (and please correct me if I am wrong) is to try and impress the reader. You wanted the applause; the limelight; the pat on the back.

This is by definition, one of two things...

Its either:

1) arrogance in the extreme, in that you felt we would all bow and humble ourselves before your obvious skill, or:

2) you are so riddle with self esteem issues that you felt the need to present this story so that we would all cheer you, and thereby make you feel better about yourself.

Either way, friend, I think you can see that it didnt work out for the best.

Humility and confidence would have kept you out of this situation in the first place.

And I am with Gav - I am not sure I believe a word of it anyway.

Do give it some thought...

G

#246005 - 04/18/06 01:15 PM Re: challenged and won! [Re: Galen]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Quote:

And I am with Gav - I am not sure I believe a word of it anyway.

Finally, after all this time something we agree on!

#246006 - 04/18/06 01:17 PM Re: challenged and won! [Re: Gavin]
tkd_high_green Offline
Veteran

Loc: Vermont
I'm half convinced this is another one of OldMan's alternate personalities.

Laura

#246007 - 04/18/06 07:08 PM Re: challenged and won! [Re: BrianS]
pepto_bismol Offline
infinite kudos

Quote:

Dadon,

How old are you and your instructors? Jumping off 2-story buildings has nothing to do with martial arts. ...

Brian, Even though Dadon is pretty obviously full of BS I would like to point out that the toist monks did regulary jump off high ledges, and some battles that took place would require for both challengers to jump up to an extreme height, and then jump off when the fight is over.

That requirement alone Ussualy keeps the unworthy from fighting.

Let me read you a quote from "the wandering taoist"

"The next phase was making the body light. This skill was an asset not only for the tumbling and jumping of fighting, but for spiritual reasons as well. The taoists believed that a light body was not only unburdened by the blockages, waistes, fat, accumalations, and toxins present in most people's bodies, but was also important for prerequisite for internal alchemy. The luohan teachers interpreted this literally: they threw their students off cliffs. The heights began at six feet and progressed ip to fifteen feet during later training. Mats were placed at the bottom to cushion the fall, but with teachers pushing the students off, the mats were not quick enough for comfort"

hope it helped you

and I am sure the ever great, immortal spirit dadon could of told you the same thing if he wanted too

I fear I am not worthy to be in his presence

#246008 - 04/18/06 07:15 PM Re: challenged and won! [Re: pepto_bismol]
McSensei Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kent, England
"Brian, Even though Dadon is pretty obviously full of BS I would like to point out that the toist monks did regulary jump off high ledges, and some battles that took place would require for both challengers to jump up to an extreme height, and then jump off when the fight is over.

That requirement alone Ussualy keeps the unworthy from fighting."

I gotta say that's stupid

If someone wanted to fight me and then jumped up on a small ledge I'd walk away and leave him there.
If I could pick myself up off the floor from laughing so much.

Maybe I'm just unworthy? Anybody else on here feeling unworthy?

#246009 - 04/18/06 07:27 PM Re: challenged and won! [Re: McSensei]
pepto_bismol Offline
infinite kudos

Quote:

"Brian, Even though Dadon is pretty obviously full of BS I would like to point out that the toist monks did regulary jump off high ledges, and some battles that took place would require for both challengers to jump up to an extreme height, and then jump off when the fight is over.

That requirement alone Ussualy keeps the unworthy from fighting."

I gotta say that's stupid

If someone wanted to fight me and then jumped up on a small ledge I'd walk away and leave him there.
If I could pick myself up off the floor from laughing so much.

Maybe I'm just unworthy? Anybody else on here feeling unworthy?

McSensei... that's not the point. Since you had to train to be able to jump these incredible heights, it seperated those who trained, and those who didn't.

And I was only using this as one example of how it has been used in the martial arts world.

Since the luohan system was passed down from the buddhists to the taoists then it means that the buddhists at one time practiced the same thing.

of course the ninjas also jumped off high distances, ussualy off the top of trees or buildings.

Again martial artists.

McSensei I think you saying "that's just stupid" is not a good way of expressing your point of view at all.

I mean it is not "stupid" at all. It is just like saying if you want to enter a weight lifting competition, and you can't even bench 120...

it is simply like saying "you have to prove yourself to me, before you can fight me"

anyway the whole point of my post is to show how it has been used in the martial arts world,

not to judge whether it was "stupid" or not.

Some people might say

"Ha, having to throw kicks and punches day after day, having to hurt yourself to make yourself stronger... that's just stupid"

EDIT: and when I said I was "Unworthy of dadon's presence, it was once again a bad joke from me.

I thought that was obvious, I will try to refrain from joking from now on...

Edited by pepto_bismol (04/18/06 07:28 PM)

#246010 - 04/18/06 07:29 PM Re: challenged and won! [Re: DaDoN_1]
McSensei Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kent, England
Da do ron ron,

tell you what mate, here's a story of mine from years ago about how I challenged a local hardnut.

I walked into my local pub and there he was, my nemesis.
I walked over to him sending him a telepathic message that we were going to fight. He got my warning because he then leaned over to grab a pint glass to use against me, so as I approached him, I speeded into a run.
He was sitting in a low chair bending forwards to pick up his pint glass when my foot connected perfectly with his nose and sent him flying with his face a gooey mush.
Haha he didn't want to know after that and begged me to leave him alone-wimp!

There, don't you feel better having read that.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga