FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 10
AndyLA 5
futsaowingchun 4
cxt 3
ergees 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
The Karate punch
by Dobbersky
08/12/14 05:14 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
A post for those who might become martial artists.
by AndyLA
08/06/14 07:25 AM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35571 Topics
432473 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#245991 - 04/17/06 05:17 PM Re: challenged and won! [Re: Joss]
DaDoN_1 Offline
twinkle toes

i don't mean 2 spam here..but i just saw joss's post
well, my ego?..no, i honestly really don't have 1, but i hate being bullshi#ed by some of the people on these forums, let me be honest, most of my daily instructors are young guys like myself, a few years older maybe, and they are at the top of their game, i've trained under the same people since i joined, i got accustomed 2 their way of teaching and i liked it so i trained with them more than the other senseis, they made me in such a way that i think that i'm never supposed 2 lose BUT when i do, smile and say "thanks" and i do do it, out of respect and good intentions, if anything i'm confident. i don't have ego trips unless ppl get at me with crap, just because i am not a BB doesn't mean i can't be near/on their level(not MY BBs) but other

and as for oldman as his great post...i knew fully well what he was tryin 2 do...raed the first sentence of my post...just once more...just once...

Edited by MattJ (04/17/06 05:25 PM)

#245992 - 04/17/06 05:20 PM Re: challenged and won! [Re: DaDoN_1]
BuDoc Offline
The doctor will see you now

Loc: USA and Abroad
OK. OK. I'm all about tolerance and compromise these days.

Can we maybe, DaDon, strike a compromise??? You give a little, we (collectively) will give a little!

Here is what I suggest. We will put up with the inane, VTG crap. Post as much as you want. Challenges, Death matches, self defense tips from your training program, whatever. We will put up with that. That's what we'll give.

You, in return for being alot to post BS, nonsense and aforemetioned challenge fights and Blue Belt SD tips, must try to construct real sentences (in English) and stop using text speak. That's what you'll give.

Do we have deal?? Can we come to a compromise??? PLEEEEAAAASSSSSEEE??????

Page

#245993 - 04/17/06 05:23 PM Re: challenged and won! [Re: DaDoN_1]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote by DaDon -

Quote:

it'd really be great 2 see some of u ppl, it really would so i can get rid of this VTG crap

Why don't YOU post some of YOUR super-awesome vids? I'm sure it would shut everybody up right away.

#245994 - 04/17/06 06:02 PM Re: challenged and won! [Re: MattJ]
gojuwarrior1 Offline
tougher than you

Loc: East Coast, USA
Yea, come on i want to see something. What do you have to lose?

#245995 - 04/17/06 08:52 PM Re: challenged and won! [Re: DaDoN_1]
Dudley32 Offline
master of disaster

Loc: Indiana
I would be very interested to know your training program dadon.

From the way you talk, we could all probably become accomplished martial artist just by reading it.

Seriously, post it.

Matt

#245996 - 04/17/06 09:39 PM Re: challenged and won! [Re: BuDoc]
DaDoN_1 Offline
twinkle toes

Sure. OK. Just for the sake of you all. See Budoc's approach? I love it, and as for MattJ, did you as if I have vids? Don't you think I'd have posted them already?

Anyway to answer Dudley32(this will be pretty long) I learn from Grand Master Francis also the Soke of my school, he is not like the other GMs around. You see, my dojo and one of our amicable dojos, our schools inter-train sometimes, we are considered crazy. Most people know that 2 be in our schools u must be a bit crazy, our GM asks us 2 do some things that most people would what him like if he's crazy, honestly sometimes we do as well .eg. before i joined MA,i got a story which is very true, our GM told one of our sensei to jump off the second floor of a school and break fall, even though my GM was joking about it sensei wasn't and still isn't really accustomed 2 Soke making jokes. He did it. Got up with out a scratch, how many of u will even dare attempt? Believe me i know how insane it sounds. We train very hard most times. I've read about the forums and I see where people post how many time they spend in a class and the average time if I remember correctly was about 2 hours. Once you step on the dojo floor be prepared to stay for 4hrs+. On Saturdays we train for six.
We do many different styles most of the styles that my grand has BBs in, he teaches. Right now he has........i think......11 BBs?..not too sure on that, but i know it's over 10, at my rank i learn jujitsu(we are predominantly a JJ school), TKD, kung fu, wu shu, judo and aikido. So to earn your rank in my dojo u MUST cover your rank in ALL the styles you are taught.

ask what you want to know...that'd make it easier for me.

#245997 - 04/17/06 11:21 PM Re: challenged and won! [Re: DaDoN_1]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA

#245998 - 04/18/06 01:04 AM Re: challenged and won! [Re: DaDoN_1]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Dadon,

How old are you and your instructors? Jumping off 2-story buildings has nothing to do with martial arts. You said your instructors are young,but they can teach all of these styles you mentioned?? Why on earth would you have a six hour class? Why? Are you impressing us with your hard-core take on martial arts? no.....
What's your real name? Where are you from? If you are around my area I'd sure like to meet you.

#245999 - 04/18/06 01:39 AM Re: challenged and won! [Re: DaDoN_1]
brocksampson Offline

Loc: Savannah, GA
Quote:

we are considered crazy. Most people know that 2 be in our schools u must be a bit crazy,

Oh, nevermind then. Can't reason with crazy.

Even if any of this were true it's not exactly the best way to present the account of events if you want to promote intelligent discussion. My guess is that that's not at all why you posted though. Anyhow, entertaining stuff, sounds cool.

#246000 - 04/18/06 02:31 AM Re: challenged and won! [Re: DaDoN_1]
Sorin Offline

Loc: Oxford, MS
Yo DaDoN. I will admit is was a pretty entertaining story, but I can see why your getting a little bit of the obvious feedback. The story itself is entertaining like I said, but when I was reading it, I couldn't help but think:
"This guy is coming off as extremely arrogant."

I don't know if it was intentional. Maybe in your haste
to tell the story, you weren't paying attention to how
you were writing it. But going to a foreign school and just walking up to the teacher in the middle of class and challenging some of his students to a fight does sound a bit arrogant. It would have been more respectful to ask if you could join the class for a bit and then ask later if you could spar some of them near the end of class. You get the same result, but the method is a little bit different. You also make the teacher and the students sound like pretty inept fighters. Maybe they were, but there wasn't any commentary on what they did that was good, except for the teacher's ground attacks. You just told of how you basically owned them all(Big guy, teacher). You may just be extremely good and they were no match for you though. I can't say much either way without seeing with my own eyes.

Lastly, being confident in your ability is great. But there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance. Here's what I think the difference is.

Example: Someone asks: Can you beat that guy over there?

Arrogance: Yeah I could. I train all the time. There's no way he could beat me.

Confidence: I think that given my extensive training, if I went all out, I think would have a pretty good chance.

I think the biggest difference between confidence and arrogance is the respect issue. Notice in arrogance he doesn't even consider the guy's abilities. In Confidence, he at leasts gives him some respect in basically saying that he's just likely to win. Your saying the same thing, just in slightly different ways. People reading your posts are considering it more arrogant, even if you didn't mean it to come off that way. That's why your getting some less then wonderful responses. Anyway, post those videos if you have them. It's always cool to see some good fighting videos, and from what you say about your dojo, you guys must have some good ones.

Sorin

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga