FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 44 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
Dobbersky 2
MattJ 2
royal 2
Jeff_G 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#244288 - 04/15/06 01:53 PM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: ADHDoka]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
Hey no problem ADHdoka, it's about time we got a thread for this sort of thing. Feel free to add some input. Let us know about your situation, it's always good to talk about this stuff to other's with similar problems, I know this discussion has already helped me out tremedously. And hey, feel free to pm me if you want.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#244289 - 04/17/06 08:05 AM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Stormdragon]
still wadowoman Offline
Improved beefier techno-prat

Loc: Residence:UK- Heart:Md, USA
Stormdragon,

I know this thread is entitled "For Guys" but I have been following it with interest. I am sure you realise that it is not just women who treat people this way - for every guy with a broken heart, there is a guy who has broken a girl's heart.

I have had three marriages, each one ending in disaster and have lost count of the times that I have thought about giving up on the whole male species. Over on the philosophy section, Ed Morris posted this quote which I think sums up what Derek was saying:

We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove lid. She will never sit on a hot stove lid again and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore.

-Mark Twain

Or to put it simpler, even though most people are wrong about their choice of relationship many times in their life, don't give up because "you only have to be right once" - Ross Geller, Friends
Sharon

#244290 - 04/17/06 08:11 AM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Mr_Heretik]
shoshinkan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
mods are human to you know,

SUPERHUMAN ! such power................

LOL

www.shoshinkanuk.blogspot.com

#244291 - 04/17/06 09:15 AM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: shoshinkan]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
With great power comes great responsibility.

#244292 - 04/17/06 04:53 PM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Dereck]
shoshinkan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
Indeed Dereck,

Sometimes the pressure of it all keeps me awake at night.........

www.shoshinkanuk.blogspot.com

#244293 - 04/17/06 11:51 PM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: shoshinkan]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
That girl I want so bad just asked me earlier how I felt about her making out with someone. And htis someone is a guy who only wants her as a friends with benifits sort of thing, not a relationship. Forgive me in advance for the profanity I'm about to use.
This arsewhole just wants to use her for some good times and pleasure. what the f***, and she gave in. I want her for her, for a lasting deep relationship and this dirty sunovab**** just want's to use her. And he get's her! wtf's up with that. You don't know how much I resent htis guy and how much I want to beat the living sh** out of him. She told me not to hurt him. I said three strikes and his arse is grass. I know I reacted badly and I regret it but I'm so angry, and depressed and let down. What do I do to deal with this? I feel so worthless, unacceptable, used. Life sucks sometimes. I apologize again for my language, I'mn just really upset right now.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#244294 - 04/18/06 12:42 AM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Stormdragon]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Get rid of that girl,she's trouble waiting to happen.Move on,forget,and learn.

#244295 - 04/18/06 01:17 AM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Stormdragon]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
You've expressed your feelings for her and she unfortunately does not feel the same way. I don't have the answers for your Stormdragon though I wish I did. Even with years of experience I still don't have enough.

What I would do is let her know how you feel about the situation and that it hurts you inside that this is happening. Let her know that you are a phone call away but you can't stick around for this kind of stuff and then I would distance myself from her. Maybe she will see the errors of her way and call you or maybe she won't. Or maybe she will just call as a friend and you can talk on the phone but don't get together with her on a one on one situation. If you have to see her then see her in a group. If you make yourself not available possibly she will feel the need to see you ... though she doesn't even know what she wants and you would feel far worse if she decided for a short fling with you and then broke your heart even more if she left you. Sometimes it is better to cut your loses early no matter how much it hurts then to get in deeper and grow even more emotionally attached to have your heart really ripped out.

You're a nice guy ... there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. There is a girl out there waiting for you and will totally be into you and only you. You will fall for this girl and wonder why you even worried about that other girl. Maybe you won't meet her today but perhaps after school at University/College or perhaps at a job ... or through some friends ... especially newer friends you hang out with.

I find that a lot of young relationships don't last ... though there are some of us still at it. Many younger girls want something right away and then get bored of it ... like shoes or purses. Whereas some girls/women that mature early know what they are looking for and want to share their life doing all of the things they love with that one guy. This type of girl is out there for you ... "out there" for you ... you just have to get "out there". Live and have fun. Be happy and confident with yourself. Learn all you can as you mature whether it is in school, University/College, your job or life's lessons.

It is hard letting go of things like this ... I know, trust me. The girl I loved back then, Debbie, was one of the greatest girls one could know and today she is a friend and my wife likes her and Debbie likes my wife. Whenever I see her we say hi and sometimes gab. Sometimes I look at her and wonder what it would have been like to be with her and then I smile knowing that my wife was the right choice as if Debbie and I were meant to be together we would have been and we weren't. Between loosing Debbie and meeting my wife, I dated a few girls and some were bad girls that were users and did not know what they wanted. It was like they wanted me but they wanted everything else. Sometimes you can't have everything and I moved on ... though Nancy was smokin' hot and all the guys envied me. Even when I started dating my wife Nancy would stop by or call me but she had her chance and I wasn't playing that game. I was in charge of my life and if I would have stuck it out with Nancy then I would have ended up wrecked and probably ruined. I made the right choice and found the right person. That right person IS out there for you. Again "out there".

Good luck to you little brother. Do what your heart tells you and if you want to stick it out then do so but use your brain as well and cut your loses if there is no chance. Give all you can and let her know but if she doesn't accept that then that is a clear sign to move on. You deserve the best ... so why settle. We all deserve the best ... each and everyone of us. Some will never find it because they blind themselves and that is their loss. Your heart is open ... now open your eyes. My best to you.

#244296 - 04/18/06 04:39 AM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Dereck]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Storm,

Look buddy,I like you so I'm going to be kind of harsh. Go on about your business and pretend they don't exist. They are getting their jollies off of your feelings. SHE DON'T LIKE YOU THAT WAY!! She's obviously just a hoochie and the dude is a slut,so what? There's lots of that going on and nothing you can do about it. Forget about telling her a f*****g thing! You should be #1 in your life at such a young age. Worry about your education,sports,ma,anything but girls and feelings right now. Let things happen as they may and one day you'll find someone,then they'll crap all over you and stomp your little heart into the mud,you'll be hurt,then you'll move on and eventually find someone else,or not. Life is harsh bud,gotta grow some thick skin.

-B

#244297 - 04/18/06 08:11 AM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Stormdragon]
Joss Offline
Dragon

Stormdragon,

The best thing I can think to tell you is that someday, you will look back at this episode and this girl will be meaningless to you. Time passes. Life moves on.

In your teens and early twenties, it seems like every time you fall in love - it's your last chance, forever, to find happiness. Not true. It's just hormones. I thought I had it as bad as it can be had. Then I read about Van Gough cutting his ear off for a girl. He had me beat.

The girl is using you. She can make you jump like a little puppet and it pleases her to do that. This is not someone to care for since she has feelings only for herself.

Center yourself. Pull yourself inside your head for a while, like some said above. Look at life like you look at MA. Patience and perserverance. Let life's path take you where it will. Quit rushing to get to the end of it.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga