FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ronin1966 3
futsaowingchun 3
AndyLA 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
Matakiant 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by cxt
10/10/14 10:08 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35581 Topics
432508 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#244278 - 04/13/06 12:42 AM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Stormdragon]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Good quote Brian, good quote.
Now, I got another problem that's been bothering me for sometime.
See I'm the kind of person who constantly worries about other people's opinions of me and how the view me and I tend to look for all the negative possibilities. Oh and I'm very self concious, and obsessive compulsive somewhat.
What can I do to deal with these problems?

Hate to say it but you sound a lot like me back then ... and maybe slightly still this way but not near as much. Trust me, if people don't like you for who you are then don't sweat it. If you sweat the small stuff then it will continually eat at you and you don't want that. I always look for the negative still ... what you need to do is find a nice young lady who always looks for the positive so she can balance you out ... easier said then done.

You are young and have years a head of you. Make them the best years of your life so that this carries into your adult life. I know this is not telling you anything that you probably don't already know but hey ... I'm not Dr. Phil.

I feel for you for sure. It has taken me until just this last July to make some positive changes in my life and it is hard to break old habits. Start some good habits now and "believe" in yourself. Show confidence and you will find things will change for the better ... and the girls will like the confidence as well.

Take care little brother.

Dereck, I can't tell you how much better I feel. I actually did know a lot of that, but having it come from someone whose actually been in my place, and not from an impersonal self help book, gives me a ton of hope and encouragement! Talking about this stuff with real people who've had similar experiences and can really understand and relate is very motivating. Thanks so much.

Ya know,Dereck and I have lots in common and it seems we do with you to. That's some good advice there Dereck.

"When you stop seeking it,you will find it."

#244279 - 04/13/06 01:55 AM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: BrianS]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
One for Brian
One for Stormdragon

#244280 - 04/13/06 04:09 AM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Dereck]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
***GROUP HUG***

Manly bonding moment against those evil womenfolk!!!!

#244281 - 04/14/06 01:04 PM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Gavin]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
The girl I'm most interested in right now is one of my closest friends and I'm interested in a relationship. We are both attracted to each other as far as looks and personality goes, we are really open with each other, and she thinks I'd be great in a relationship, and vice versa. Problem is she is stuck on her ex and has been since they broke up a couple monthes ago, and is utterly convinced that she only sees me as a friend and that she has no other feelings for me. She says she didn't feel a spark when we tried a relationship the first time. Could that change? Do any of you have experience with those feelings changing for someone?
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#244282 - 04/14/06 07:48 PM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Stormdragon]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Stormdragon, right now she wants to be a friend and I think with the ex situation things would not workout. Give her more time and still be her friend but let her know your feelings. Give it time and see what happens. If nothing does then you still have a friend. Relationships like this rarely have a chance of working out ... rarely ... but not impossible. Be open and let her know you are there for her when she needs you ... and if she ever finds those same feelings.

Just to let you know, you are young and trying to find your way and things WILL get better ... I promise, because I know it in my heart. You may not believe it now but I honestly believe that good people have good things happen to them. It may not be today but it will happen. And like Brian said earlier, it will be when you least expect it.

#244283 - 04/14/06 08:03 PM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Dereck]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Thanks Dereck, I'll definetly keep all that in mind. I do have my whole life ahead of me so there really is no need to rush at all. I have a habit of jumping into things prematurely, somthing to work on I suppose.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#244284 - 04/14/06 08:46 PM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Stormdragon]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

When we were infants we touched and smelled and licked and tasted; all ways of learning. As children we did similar things testing our limits to further learn. Now as a young adult you are still learning and you have to try things to see what works and what doesn't. Then as an adult you will be doing similar things but you will be slightly smarter from your previous experiences.

Life no matter what age is about learning and we need to feel our way. New experiences we are nothing but infants. But things do get easier as you get older ... better ... as long as you learned some good leasons in life. But even as we get older we still have to be open to learning more. I've learned so much more since July; I'm happier and even more giving. Sometimes I am finding I'm carrying my emotions on my sleeve.

Last night we had visited a friend and he talked about a song that he had heard years ago at his Grandma's funeral that touched him but he could never figure out who sung it. When I got home in the early morning I searched the internet and found it. As I had already planned to go to West Edmonton Mall for some CD's for myself ... one being Crossfade ( ) ... I also picked up this CD for him and dropped it off. He was asleep as he works night shifts so I gave it to his wife and she was extremely thankful. I got a call just a short time ago with a thank you and some tears in his voice. That is the newer me because I've learned so much more.

You are learning and will continue to learn. You will make some bad choices but you will make many good choices because you will become smarter. Be that infant when needed to find your way in life so that you can mature and grow. Just be happy ... happiness is so contagious and makes life so much better.

#244285 - 04/14/06 10:52 PM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Dereck]
Mr_Heretik Offline
Veteran

Loc: Bronx NY, USA
Its so weird to me to see the mods talk about this kind of stuff. I always thought they were the tough-as-nails officers of the boards...with their uniform which consists of a green name and a huge number of posts.

#244286 - 04/15/06 01:26 AM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Mr_Heretik]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Dereck, thanks again, that was one heck of an inspirational and motivating mini speech there. Oh and glad you like Crossfade, they are a really good band. I think I'm going to go ahead and get myself some new music pretty soon.
Have a great weekend aight.

#244287 - 04/15/06 02:37 AM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Stormdragon]
ADHDoka Offline

Loc: Santa Rosa, California
wow, i am in a similar situation to you SD (i think) and everyone on this post sounds so much like what i want and need to hear, i just popped in and wow! you guys have some incredible insight, better advice than ive seen given in most situations, better yet, (but unfortunate) based on personal experience, so even if it wasnt you guys were trying to help, i would like to thank you guys for the third party advice

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga