FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
1 registered (Victor Smith), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Troy7785, wakita, swisztony, Tonybb, shelly1993
22920 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 3
Matakiant 3
AndyLA 3
Marcus Charles 1
Victor Smith 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Eugue Ryu
by
03/27/07 12:06 AM
Recent Posts
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Victor Smith
09/28/14 07:11 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
Forum Stats
22920 Members
36 Forums
35579 Topics
432500 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#244268 - 04/11/06 11:00 AM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: shoshinkan]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
I've only had two girlfriends in my life and I'm marrying the second next April, so I don't have a lot of advice on the topic.

Maybe I just wanted to gloat.

#244269 - 04/11/06 03:28 PM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: JoelM]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
Yeah, she has shown how much she cares about me as a person and our friendship, and I'm happy for that. I don't know, it seems like the only girls I can find who see me as more than a friend are either really really trashy, fickal or extremely unattractive, otherwise they tend to seem me as just a friend. It's really frustrating, I mean what am I missing? What do all these other guys got that I don't? I guess I'm probably being too hard on myself though, I don't know...
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#244270 - 04/11/06 04:15 PM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Stormdragon]
TimBlack Offline
Exalted

Loc: UK, Brighton
The great thing about that post is that + + water =

#244271 - 04/11/06 07:21 PM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: TimBlack]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

lol, that's abslolutely right which is why I never give up, and I don't drank. Which is good because I love water.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#244272 - 04/12/06 02:15 AM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Stormdragon]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
"Well I ain't first class,but I ain't quite trash and I've been wild and crazy too. Some girls don't like boys like me...oh,but some girls do...."

#244273 - 04/12/06 10:54 AM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: BrianS]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Good quote Brian, good quote.
Now, I got another problem that's been bothering me for sometime.
See I'm the kind of person who constantly worries about other people's opinions of me and how the view me and I tend to look for all the negative possibilities. Oh and I'm very self concious, and obsessive compulsive somewhat.
What can I do to deal with these problems?

#244274 - 04/12/06 11:21 AM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Stormdragon]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Oooooo... I get the chance to be all sage like and quite some Buddha stylee wisdom:

Quote:

An ordinary guy came to see the Buddha to get help with his problems. ” my roof leaks, I don’t have enough money, my neighbors are noisy, my boss hates me, my kids are messy and disrespectful, my knee hurts and I’m losing my hair. And don’t even get me started about my wife. ” and he went on to describe all his problems in great detail while the buddha smiled and listened patiently.

When the guy was done complaining, he asked the Buddha, “so, how can you help me ?”

“I can’t help you”, said the Buddha.

“HUH? What kind of teacher are you?”, said the guy, “why did I come all the way here for you to tell me that? And what the hell are you smiling about?”

The buddha said, “Everyone has 83 problems. Sometimes we fix one, but it is guaranteed that another will pop up in its place. It’s just life. I can’t help you with your 83 problems, but I can fix your 84th problem.”

“What is my 84th problem?”.

“Your 84th problem is that you don’t want to have any problems.”

#244275 - 04/12/06 12:09 PM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Gavin]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

I understand oh wise one.

#244276 - 04/12/06 06:30 PM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Stormdragon]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Quote:

See I'm the kind of person who constantly worries about other people's opinions of me and how the view me and I tend to look for all the negative possibilities. Oh and I'm very self concious, and obsessive compulsive somewhat.

Hate to say it but you sound a lot like me back then ... and maybe slightly still this way but not near as much. Trust me, if people don't like you for who you are then don't sweat it. If you sweat the small stuff then it will continually eat at you and you don't want that. I always look for the negative still ... what you need to do is find a nice young lady who always looks for the positive so she can balance you out ... easier said then done.

You are young and have years a head of you. Make them the best years of your life so that this carries into your adult life. I know this is not telling you anything that you probably don't already know but hey ... I'm not Dr. Phil.

I feel for you for sure. It has taken me until just this last July to make some positive changes in my life and it is hard to break old habits. Start some good habits now and "believe" in yourself. Show confidence and you will find things will change for the better ... and the girls will like the confidence as well.

Take care little brother.

#244277 - 04/12/06 07:08 PM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Dereck]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Quote:

Quote:

Hate to say it but you sound a lot like me back then ... and maybe slightly still this way but not near as much. Trust me, if people don't like you for who you are then don't sweat it. If you sweat the small stuff then it will continually eat at you and you don't want that. I always look for the negative still ... what you need to do is find a nice young lady who always looks for the positive so she can balance you out ... easier said then done.

You are young and have years a head of you. Make them the best years of your life so that this carries into your adult life. I know this is not telling you anything that you probably don't already know but hey ... I'm not Dr. Phil.

I feel for you for sure. It has taken me until just this last July to make some positive changes in my life and it is hard to break old habits. Start some good habits now and "believe" in yourself. Show confidence and you will find things will change for the better ... and the girls will like the confidence as well.

Take care little brother.

Dereck, I can't tell you how much better I feel. I actually did know a lot of that, but having it come from someone whose actually been in my place, and not from an impersonal self help book, gives me a ton of hope and encouragement! Talking about this stuff with real people who've had similar experiences and can really understand and relate is very motivating. Thanks so much.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga