FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
GojuRyuboy13 1
Zombie Zero 1
harlan 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#244258 - 04/08/06 11:42 PM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Stormdragon]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Quote:

It seems girls are either indifferent or overly obsessive.

LOL, you learn fast.

#244259 - 04/08/06 11:48 PM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: BrianS]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
That's something that doesn't take long to learn.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#244260 - 04/10/06 10:10 AM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Stormdragon]
TimBlack Offline
Exalted

Loc: UK, Brighton
Quote:

I'm interested in a lasting relationship not a frikin fling, I hate flings or "Friends with benifits" it's fun at the time but always leaves you feeling empty, and it wastes your time.

Are you joking? 'Friends with benefits' ROCK! You're in High School, it's time to play the field like the rest of us - you've got plenty of time to get serious once you're seen what's out there. The first lesson of love in high school is *#^ around, while you've still got the chance - that's what the girls are doing (at least in my college . I'm in England, so that's the equivalent of an American High School)

#244261 - 04/10/06 10:48 AM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: TimBlack]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Tim, I didn't take you for such a romantic.

#244262 - 04/10/06 11:38 AM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: TimBlack]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Quote:

Quote:

I'm interested in a lasting relationship not a frikin fling, I hate flings or "Friends with benifits" it's fun at the time but always leaves you feeling empty, and it wastes your time.

Are you joking? 'Friends with benefits' ROCK! You're in High School, it's time to play the field like the rest of us - you've got plenty of time to get serious once you're seen what's out there. The first lesson of love in high school is *#^ around, while you've still got the chance - that's what the girls are doing (at least in my college . I'm in England, so that's the equivalent of an American High School)

Yeah it's great until they get sick of you and then shut you out, and you end up with a brokenheart. That's happend like 3 times just this year for me. Girls in high school can be really fickal, or they just can't figure out what they want. And they end up doing stupid stuff and screwing with your head.
Children, girls are the devil!

Edited by Stormdragon (04/10/06 11:39 AM)

#244263 - 04/10/06 01:26 PM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Stormdragon]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Mate, welcome to mans greatest nemesis. Funny as a species both sexes seem to attract completely the wrong type of person. I've recently broke up with my girlfriend, I had a quick look round at the available stock and it ain't a pretty situation... most people in the dating pool seem to be there for a very good reason and should most definately stay there.

I've been taken advantage pretty badly in the past and there are too ways of the thinking about. Firstly, you can harden up and take treat 'em mean to keep 'em keen... use and abuse. Loads of my mates (being mostly doorman) can quite happily crash through their love lives leaving a wake of destruction. Personally that ain't the way I like to live my life, so I basically came to the conclusion that I don't want to change, I like being the nice guy, I've just got to find someone deserving of me. Sounds arrogant, but I think a relationship is about giving, I tend to find girls who like taking. So I was left with choice to change myself or the type of girl I go out with. As I said I like myself, so I've decided to change the sort of girl I see now.

Too many people out there on both sides of the gender fence are only out for number one, unfortunately it takes experience to spot the right ones from the wrong ones. I'm getting better, but still learning. Just remember being a nice guy makes you a special and rare breed in this day and age, be a little more selective about who you let benefit from this great trait!!!!

#244264 - 04/10/06 03:16 PM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Gavin]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Great advice Gavin, thanks. I'll just have to be more careful and selective, and of course I need get to know girls well first before starting relationships.
One thing that happend in my last relationship with a girl I still have strong feelings for, is that, she realized she only saw me as a friend or a brother and nothing else, despite being physically attracted to me, and being attracted to my personality and thinking I'd be great in a relationship. What's up with that, I don't get? We're so close and open with each other, it's perfect. What else could there be?
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#244265 - 04/10/06 04:27 PM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Stormdragon]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Well it certainly isn't your music selection.

#244266 - 04/11/06 06:27 AM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Stormdragon]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Most people (if not all) are not a 100% truthful most of the time. Sometimes during break ups the "let them down softly" approach is used... Not sure if that was the case here mate, but if it was look on it as the girl felt enough about you to not want to hurt your feelings. If this was the case she must've of felt a lot for you to care enough to not want to hurt you. Ooooh, now there's another thing you're gonna experience at some point in your love life career, the girl who despite having not done anything wrong and being a lovely person, just doesn't do it for you. Those break ups are killer... everyone always wants an explanation as to why, the classic cliche, "It's not you, it's me!" never quite washes. Another piece of advice (one that was learnt from first hand experience) always be honest. If you don't want to be with someone break it off. I've been out with girls who I didn't want to be with, but didn't want to hurt by breaking up with them either. This leads to resentment and unhappiness, and will probably end up making you both unhappy for a long time. Far better to nip it in the butt, cause a few tears and still remain friends than to stay together and end up hating each other.

Erm... there's loads more little pit falls your going to hit. Always remember to not take a previous relationship out on a new partner, always leave your baggage behind with the last girl. Another great piece of advice I got was "Never forsake someone elses happiness for your own, and never forsake your happiness for someone elses!" Basically "Do unto others...."

Thus ends the Relationship Advice 101 with Gav "The Luurve Doctor" King [1]

[1] Who is currently single so all advice should be taken with a pinch of salt!!!!

#244267 - 04/11/06 10:51 AM Re: a Post for Guys [Re: Gavin]
shoshinkan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
This is withoubt doubt the greatest thread of late, keep it coming guys............

open up.......

(((((((((((ALL)))))))))))

www.shoshinkanuk.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga