FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 52 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
royal 2
Galen 2
MattJ 2
Dobbersky 2
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
General perspective on training
by Galen
Today at 04:05 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
I am not often inspired
by Galen
01/13/14 07:28 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
General perspective on training
by Galen
Today at 04:05 PM
I am not often inspired
by Galen
Today at 04:03 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
Today at 06:52 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35547 Topics
432379 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#242340 - 04/04/06 12:13 PM Re: Alternative targets for elbow [Re: Drag'n]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
More people die each year whilst playing golf than any other sport.

MA's are playground games in comparison. See you on the green for some real brutality

#242341 - 04/04/06 10:40 PM Re: Alternative targets for elbow [Re: Taison]
Drag'n Offline

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Quote:

You got something wrong in your head. Firstly, the goal may be to hit your opponent, but you don't try to injure him as in breaking any bones or ribs.

So what do think is the result of hitting someone? If you catch a guy with a full power round kick to his exposed ribs, theres a pretty good chance they could break. Thats not gonna stop you from doing it. In fact thats just how you're going to try and land it.

Quote:

From your words, I find that you are quite. . immature for a grown up. No, really, read your own posts. MA train to get better at their sport, not injuring other MA.

They also train to win competitions by hurting their opponent so badly that he cant continue.i.e injure him. I'm just being honest here. You sound like you're trying to portray MA as a safe "game". I just dont agree with that attitude. Whats imature about that?
I'm just throwing some ideas around to see what other people think. If I can learn something out of it then great.Thats why I'm here. I find the psychological reasons behind peoples training and values interesting.Makes for an interesting conversation, but dont take it too seriously.

Quote:

I have a question. What do you consider "BRUTAL"? I've seen TKD artists kick each other on the head. I've seen CMA's throwing lighting speed punches on each other, I've seen judo-ka breaking limbs by accident. If you enter the world of MA, everything is supposed to be. . brutal. It doesn't necessarily have to be MT or MMA.

Exactly, some honesty at last. Yes we are learning how to fight. Fighting is brutal. Of course we can use rules and protective gear to make it safer. The less rules and protective gear , the more brutal it becomes.
TKD stops the action whenever a clean hit is scored. Full contact dosent stop unless the guy is knocked out, or so close to it that he cant continue. Pride allows you to jump up and stomp on a fallen opponents head. You call that a game? Man you play hard!:)
We all have a line that we arent willing to cross. I'm just interested in where other peoples lines are, and why.

Peace.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Taison 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga