FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 88 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 3
Ronin1966 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
Victor Smith 1
cxt 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
10/22/14 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432510 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#241815 - 03/30/06 09:03 AM Help with identifying Goju Kata
Yuushi Offline

Loc: New Hampshire
I have been studying Goju Ryu for about six years now and am trying to research the backgrounds of my kata. The problem is that many of the kata my Sensei teaches are not traditional Goju kata. I was wondering if you guys might recognize the name of any of these kata. Any help is much appreciated!

Isshonisan (Together Three)
Ginchin (Destroy, Defeat)
JuHito (Ten Human)
Hentedo (Way of changing Hands)
Dobutsusan (Way of the three animals)

I'm not sure if the spelling is correct, but thats what they sound like.

Thanks a lot!

#241816 - 03/30/06 09:09 AM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Yuushi]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Those aren't goju kata.

#241817 - 03/30/06 09:11 AM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Yuushi]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
If your teacher elects to teach additional, non-classical kata, surely he must have said where/what system he took them from?

#241818 - 03/30/06 09:23 AM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Yuushi]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

sounds very dojo specific. the background research of these may involve looking no further than your instructor.
The names are a bit strange...almost as if someone started with English words and then translated them to Japanese.

#241819 - 03/30/06 09:51 AM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Ed_Morris]
Uchinanchu Offline

Loc: Okinawa, Japan
I have to agree with Mr. Morris on this. The Japanese usage is a bit on the simplistic side to be used for any traditionally named kata.
Sounds more like simplified Japanese terminology created by a non-native Japanese speaker.
If your instructor cannot give you valid sources for the history of his particular style, its doubtful that you will find anything about it on your own...

#241820 - 03/30/06 11:20 AM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Yuushi]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: USA
Yuushi

I have to agree with the other posters.

Those names don't show up on any Goju (or Uechi, or Ruei-ryu, or Shorin style for that matter) kata list.

Possible that they are different names for "standard" kata but if so I would want to know why the "other" names are being used.

If I was a student there.

BTW as already has been mentioned, the translations you post may MAY actually refer back to a specifc kata.

Gekishi "could" be translated as "demolish or destroy" MAYBE.

Shotokan has a couple of kata that "MAYBE" you could work into a somthing like "ten human" (well "ten" anyway)

Goju's Sanchin can mean "three battles" so its got the "three" in the "Togather Three" thing.

As the story goes Goju, Uechi, and the rest of the "Naha" systems pretty much focus on techniques from the Tiger, Crane and Dragon systems.

So maybe MAYBE the "Way of Three Animals" things refers back to that story.

Gotta tell you though, this sounds pretty weird to me.

As a VERY general rule I always do a "double take" when folks start pulling out non-standard terms for what they do.

Sure there is going to be regional differences in terms--but that is EXACTLY why most trades/hobbies etc have specifc terms for what they involve.

I ask a mechanic or carpenter for an Phillips Head screwdriver--don't care where in the States he is from, he better know what I am asking for.
I ask a plumber to hand me his "snake" I better get a drain cleaning tool
I ask a someone I am climbing with to hand me a "biner" and they had better know what I am asking for.

Weird, unusual, non-standard, terms that don't appear anywhere else in context with the hobby/profession etc that you are doing could very well be a red flag.

Just somthing to consider.

Edited by cxt (03/30/06 11:29 AM)

#241821 - 03/30/06 12:58 PM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Yuushi]
Yuushi Offline

Thanks for the tips.

Ok, Ill start with the lineage of my school. I am studying under Sensei Van Norden. His teacher was a Mr. Trombly in Ft. Worth, TX. Mr. Trombly supposedly studied under master Master Seikichi Toguchi, who was one of Master Miyagi's students. My Sensei believes that maybe Mr. Trombly only studied under Master Toguchi for a short time. This may be true since we study Sanchin, Gekisai Ichi-Ni, Saifa, and Seiyunchin. I doubt that Mr. Trombly made up the kata I am trying to research. Those kata are very well detailed and flow smoothly. I believe that all of the names are in Japanese.
I will give a brief explanation of the kata.
Isshonisan
-It starts off going into a shikodachi then does a series of 3 steps forward with a spearhand following each step. 2 downblocks back left turn mantis block followed by a sidekick. do the same on the other side. step forward front snap sidesnap. it ends with cat stances. The kata uses open hand blocks.

Ginchin
-Starts off with an x block then front snap chop front snap chop.

Juhito
-Steps into shikodachi with double down block, then backfist 3 punches. same on the other side.

Hentedo
-Hard to describe but you have to step back down block step in spearhand step back double palm, grab and sweep.

Dobutsusan
-Way of the three animals, the tiger snake and crane.
-Starts off stepping back in a crane stance front snap and then doing a double openhand down block while moving back in the crane stance.

Harlan-Ive talked a lot with my teacher about these kata, but he's not sure where they came from either. They seem pretty classical. I believe they might be Chinese, theres a chance.

Ronin-I believe theyre all Japanese names. They are all empty handed. You might be right about the dialect. And we don't have any affiliation with any Okinawan/Japanese organization, but like I said Mr. Trombly supposedly studied under Master Toguchi.

CXT-My Sensei doesn't know any more than I do about the history of these kata.

Ill try and post a video of the kata when I get the time.

Thanks for the help!

#241822 - 03/30/06 01:59 PM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Yuushi]
Ronin1966 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: East Coast, United States
Hello Yusshi:

When combined all of that should be helpful information in one form or another. There are at least a few experienced Gojuryu folks here. For myself I'll see what I can dig up (if anything) which might be helpful... no promises... my Goju experience is truly small indeed...

Your Hente-do does seem to have a very definate "Tensho kata" flavor to it. Are both arms closed fisted in say the mid-body height as you first begin this kata???

J

#241823 - 03/30/06 02:29 PM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Ronin1966]
Yuushi Offline

Hmm... The Kata starts in Hakodachi with your fists out and then you bow in, but there aren't any mid-level closed fist strikes near the beginning of the kata.

This is very interesting, I am surprised that these kata are so mysterious. I hope the info helps.

Domo

#241824 - 03/30/06 02:49 PM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Yuushi]
Ronin1966 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: East Coast, United States
Hello Again Yuushi:

<<but there aren't any mid-level closed fist strikes near the beginning of the kata.

After the bow,,, but I did not say strikes though. I simply indicated your arms were both mid-level, closed fisted and as if you were BLOCKING with both your arms at that height... no "hitting"...

Sound at all to be a familiar arm placement/positioning?
J

#241825 - 03/30/06 02:53 PM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Yuushi]
Victor Smith Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Derry, NH
Yuushi,

It seems you're undergoing what I might call non-standard training from your instructor, as compared to standard Goju curricula. Just as there are variant versions of Goju kata between different groups and schools, various groups may have incorporated other sorts of training.

Assuming that you're not having a variant spelling of the standard Goju kata, I would say you're instructor's training is drawing on instruction outside of Miyagi Chojun's teachings.

If that is the case you may find no one using the same material, except for those in the same direct transmission.

The standard Goju curricula is readily available almost anyplace on line. John Sells books Unante (I and II) define all the kata he's been aware of, and I don't recall these names in his encyclopedic (yet still not perfect) reference. Nor from Hiagonna Morio's books, nor from John Bishop's or George Alexanders writings on Okinawa.

Of course this doesn't mean your instruction is not true and worthy. It's just you are unlikely to find much about these forms in normal places.

One if you ever get any copies of them on mepg files or on video tape I'm willing to distribute them to select Goju practioners across the world to see if they know anything of them.

There are traditions that have kept private (such as Ryuei-ryu's or Motobu-ryu's previous traditions) and hence are relatively unknown.

For the record I do live in New Hampshire, so I'm in your neck of the woods, but I haven't heard of your instructor.
Just a fact, not with any meaning beyond the statement.

Pleasantly,

#241826 - 03/30/06 03:45 PM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Yuushi]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

Yuushi, for what it's worth, I've never heard of the kata names or as you describe...nor have I heard or can find reference to the people you mention as students of Toguchi or Sensei in New England (I'm in Massachusetts)....but thats not saying a whole lot since I don't get out much. lol

I'm afraid we'd need videos to even make a guess for you.

#241827 - 03/30/06 10:31 PM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Yuushi]
Bushi Offline
Stranger

Loc: Australia
Dear Yusshi
I have been a practitioner of Goju Ryu for over 42 years, and I have trained in Japan, Okinawa, and China, where I managed to traced some White Crane masters who practiced wha they call Tig-wa, more like the Koryu of Okinawa (classical) Well, bugger if I ever came across the Kata you mention my friend. Either your teacher learnt these at some very obscure and unknown Okinawan island very few people knows about, or I'm George Bush!
Nevertheless, one can only learn from this masters, and I for one would love to be able to see what this forms are all about,maybe then I could be of any help, me thinks.

In the Arts

#241828 - 03/31/06 09:14 AM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Bushi]
Yuushi Offline

Ronin- There aren't any closed hand strikes in the beginning of the kata.

Victor- I believe you're right about these kata being outside of Miyagi's teachings. One thing I thought of, would it be possible that these are Japanese Goju kata instead of Okinawan?

Im going to get some .mpeg videos for you guys this weekend if I get time. Hopefully I wont be too busy.

Again, thanks a lot for the help everybody!

#241829 - 03/31/06 10:09 AM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Yuushi]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Yuushi

By and large Japanese Goju uses the same kata list as does Okinawan Goju.

There is nothing stopping a given teacher from adding whatever kata he/she wants.

Thing is, as I mentioned in my first post, I can seem to find those kata on anyones list--Shorin, Shotokan, Ruei-ryu, Goju, Uechi etc.

Might be a question of different names for the same kata--but I just don't know.

#241830 - 03/31/06 10:44 AM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: cxt]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

I've seen a few times that instructors choose to take a segment from a kata (perhaps of the same curriculum, perhaps not) and practice it as it's own drill...they may even choose to name it.

In fact, the Goju dojo I started in, had what the sensei called 'nafuken' (sp?) series (not sure what that translates to, or if it even makes sense) with 5 parts. all 5 were taught to white-belts as a preliminary Gekisai study. all 5 parts had a "+" embusen. block-strike-turn / block-strike-turn / etc. It was not part of the curriculum for test past 10th kyu.

here's what they were (as I remember)
sho:
sanchin dachi - upper block, upper punch

ni:
zenkutsu dachi - mid block, mid punch

san:
shiko dachi - down block, down strike

yon:
sanchin dachi - knife hand block, shuto strike

go:
neko ashi dachi - open hand parry, closed hand punch.

#241831 - 03/31/06 11:58 AM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Yuushi]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
Many versions of Goju exist some are self made or thought to be improved verison. Ron Van Cliffs Chinese Goju is one of the Unique verison as is the late Grand Masters Peter Urbans USA Goju, you still see its roots in them.

But those are not traditional Okinawan or Japanese Goju forms. After six years for you to just to have found this out, I hope is not too shocking. How long has your Instructor been teaching and how many systems has he had instruction in.

This may be a synthenized system, I wish people would just change the name rather then stayed connected when they break away. Just my HO. I must asked after six years is the training benifical?

Edited by Neko456 (03/31/06 11:59 AM)

#241832 - 03/31/06 12:40 PM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Neko456]
Yuushi Offline

CTX- My teacher hasn't added or amended any of the kata in my dojo, he has only taught what was taught to him. I don't think that this is a case of a different name for the kata, or that the kata were amended in any way since the kata are very unique from any other kata I have seen.

Ed Morris- Thats an interesting idea, but these kata are as long or longer than Gekisai Ichi, and Hente-do/Do-Butsusan are brown/black belt katas, and contain upper level techniques.

Neko- I have known for years now that my forms are not traditional Goju kata, it's just that now I'm trying to find the roots of my system and my kata. My instructor has been teaching for about 25 years now in this style. He spent a short time in an Aikido and a TKD school, but found his calling at the Goju school led by Mr. Trombly. It was there that he learned these kata. And of course the training is beneficial. I have visited other dojos in my area, even a Goju dojo, and was unsatisfied with the level of discipline and instruction. I have never doubted my system.

#241833 - 03/31/06 01:34 PM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Yuushi]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Yuushi

"My teacher hasn't added or amended any of the kata"

If so then were in a bit of a pickle then are we not?

Those kata, under those names don't exsist in any style of Goju I am aware of.
Nor can I find them in various Shorin, Uechi, etc groups.

Not saying they don't exist, just that I can't find any reference to them--under those names anyway.

Maybe we can narrow it down this way--

Whom taught your teacher?

And whom taught HIS teacher?

Maybe if we trace it back we might find out more than we know now.

Just a thought.

Something else that might help--

What are the other kata in your system?

Maybe we can figure something out by a process of elimination.

#241834 - 03/31/06 01:36 PM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Neko456]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

neko, I hear your point about not changing curriculum...I'm assuming you mean the 12-kata 'standard' Goju mix. but is it really the kata curriculum that define a style? If a Goju school chooses to concentrate on Goju's 4 core kata (and all might not agree which those are), can't they still justify calling it Goju? I think they can.

Goju's main philosophies are a blend, and it's that blend which makes it Goju...not which combination of it's individual pieces.

Changing curriculum isn't the problem... it's prematurely changing things when it starts to go wrong. usually from incomplete training. It's not impossible to imagine someone having a sho-dan or 5-10 year knowledge of Goju, then independantly opening up shop. Is it Goju? sure, but perhaps only for mudansha students. If that owner decides to bump his own rank, lets say to go-dan...the advance training he is giving his yudansha is with a pre-shodan level of understanding in Goju. - since that is as far as he was instructed. people can't teach what they don't know.
...and when he/she starts changing things just because they can (or eliminating kata from the syllabus since they never learned it), thats when it starts turning into something other than the base style's philosophies.

On the opposite end, if someone is well trained in Goju and understands it, they may find in their continued research and teaching experience that adding/removing a drill, kata, bunkai kumite, etc may better fit the needs without comprimising the fundamental philosophies which make Goju a style.

so for advanced levels, for example if you learn and happen to study a white-crane kata which is not on a goju syllabus, but you study it long enough to see common principles to Goju...then when it comes your time to teach, you may choose to teach THAT kata at advanced ranks instead of a 'standard'.

Just some thoughts to add to the black or white thinking that kata / curriculum / styles should never change.

#241835 - 03/31/06 01:52 PM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Ed_Morris]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
What's funny is my system of goju is a little off the beaten path.
When cxt saw me do seiunchin kata he said it was interesting because it looked just like the seiunchin bunkai that his school practices,but a bit of a different kata with the same name.

I remember my instructor referring to shiko-dachi as "sko dotch" and different things like that.
We only practice seiunchin,sanchin,tensho,and sanseru at our school,but we still call it goju.

My instructor knows all the goju kata and decided to drop the others for some unknown reason.

I'd like to see the videos of your katas yuushi.

#241836 - 03/31/06 02:52 PM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: BrianS]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Brian S

A number of the Japanese/Okinawan folks we trained always seemed to kinda "shorten" the words--"sko dach" rather than the "shiko-dachi" so that sounds pretty normal to me.

I know of schools that don't do the gekishi or the tensho forms at all.

I think its just a matter of personal preference.

As go the stories Miyagi taught kata based upon a given students body type and personality.

(a really big strong guy might be taught a kata to play to his strengths or perhaps one that could help him work on getting faster and more agile)

#241837 - 03/31/06 03:35 PM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Ed_Morris]
Yuushi Offline

CTX- I gave all that info in my second post. My teachers teacher was a Mr. Trombly of Ft. Worth, his teacher was Master Toguchi. The other kata I study are: Sanchin, Gekisai Ichi-Ni, Saifa, and Seiyunchin.

From what I've gathered Mr. Trombly was not a person you asked a question to, if you did you would be scorned, and so his black belts only knew what they were told.

Thats a very good point there Ed Morris, I believe that it was Mr. Trombly that might have only studied partly in Goju and then added other kata that were not Goju kata.

Thanks everybody, I wont be on the next 2 days so I hope you all have a good weekend. Later.

#241838 - 03/31/06 04:02 PM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Yuushi]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Yuunshi

Than that answers at least part of the question.

We know that they are not of Toguchi's teaching (at elast under those names)
So by default they must have been thu Trombly or your teacher himself.

Which kinda narrows it down.

Do you have any idea where nd with whom Mr. Trombly studied?

#241839 - 04/03/06 07:54 AM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: cxt]
Yuushi Offline

Ill have to ask my teacher where Mr. Trombly studied. My teacher didn't change any of the kata so it must have been Mr. Trombly.

#241840 - 04/06/06 02:26 PM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Yuushi]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
So why not ask your Instructor where these kata origin are from and if they are renamed version of Sepia, Shisoshin or Seisan,.... If they are american based katas the answer can only be found in your instructors sensei.

Unless you can put up some videos and from there a synopois can be formed. Maybe?

#435511 - 10/15/12 12:46 PM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Yuushi]
Mechadius Offline
Stranger

Any chance that yuushi or anyone else that is apart of the jay trombley lineage still active on this site?

#435515 - 10/17/12 09:47 AM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Mechadius]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Mechadius

Not sure......but I have noticed when people get answers to questions that don't conform to their expectations they don't tend to stick around.

You think it would be the reverse.

On strictly personal note. It has always been kinda annoying to me when people treat this or any forum as a sort of "advanced google" where they pop in when they want/need a question answered and then vanish.
People take the time to read your requests and then take the time to give the best answers they can to help you IMO deserve better than being treated as if they were at the whim/beck-and-call of anyone that can work a keyboard.

This site has always had a great group of highly experienced people that are willing to share what they know---I'd be more specific but:

A-The list would be too long

B-I am honestly concerned I would forget somebody---yes there are, IMO , that many quality posters.

C-I would like to add a personal and long overdue "Thank you" to the all the people that take time out of their busy lives to give their perspective, experience and knowloge. I have not always agreed with everyone but I have always been thankful for their POV and have always been more than a little impressed at their willingness to share often hard-won information with anyone that asks questions, for no personal gain and sometimes considerable drain on their time......even extending their help to cranky and combative me. wink

I don't think people from the "internet" age fully understand what a rare thing it is to be able to sit in your house or text from your cell phone questions and get people from all over helping you with answers. Case in point is this thread itself---not that long ago he would have been stuck......now he can get answers......and I'm not sure that he really understands how lucky he is to even be in a situation where he can ask such questions.

I think that if people are going to get their questions answered the least they could do is stick around a while and try and give other people the same help they got.

Just an opinion and worth every cent you paid for it. wink

Edited by cxt (10/17/12 10:15 AM)

#435569 - 11/27/12 10:49 PM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: cxt]
Yuushi Offline

CXT & Mechadius

I apologize for being part of that crowd that comes on for a short time and then abandons the forum. It is a truly valuable resource that many people underestimate. At the time I was somewhat shocked and turned off my the.. what I'll call "Trombly Troller". Thank you very much for the time you had put into my post in the past.

Mechadius, I think I know who you are, but if not I'd be glad to talk if you had some questions.

EDIT: The "Trombley Troller" I spoke of sent me various harsh messages that cut down and berated my sensei. I spoke with him back and forth several times but it wan't quite the "productive" conversation I would have enjoyed.

Edited by Yuushi (11/27/12 10:59 PM)

#435572 - 11/28/12 09:52 AM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: Yuushi]
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Yuushi

You have my sincere apology for any offense I might have given you over my post. I can assure you that the first set of comments was NOT directed at you.

The fact you came back to comment is proof that you are not a "drive by" poster.

I hope you can help others and add your knowlege/experience to the forums.

As I mentioned I can be "cranky"--which is the most polite word I can use on-line.

Again, sorry---I'll only ask that you try and see things from my perspective/POV.

Edited by cxt (11/28/12 09:55 AM)

#435573 - 11/28/12 01:38 PM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: cxt]
Yuushi Offline

Oh you have absolutely no need to be sorry. No offense was taken and I understand your frustration completely.

Even after all these years I still have yet to determine the origins of my system's kata. I have even heard that ex-students of Mr. Trombley have met, only to find they were taught different kata! It is quite a mystery. Perhaps Mechadius, who had a connection with Mr. Trombley, and I can sort some things out.

#435598 - 12/27/12 05:20 PM Re: Help with identifying Goju Kata [Re: cxt]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

good post and I agree. the only thing I'd add is that given the wide range of people sharing their knowledge, each post has to be tempered with a grain of salt. it's the info and opinions on the internet that made me think more skeptically.

on topic - Yushi, did the kata ever get identified?

Edited by Ed_Morris (12/27/12 05:21 PM)
Edit Reason: wrong name

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Ronin1966 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga