FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 56 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
Dobbersky 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
SoulJah22 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#239724 - 03/24/06 07:16 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: McSensei]
Dauragon c mikado Offline

Loc: Oxford, England
Nope nothing else has happened so far, today I didnt have to go to school because it was achievement day (dont know why its called that, its more of a progress meeting).
Hes been keping his distance and keeping quiet so far though, so nothing serious.

And about that pic, I had trouble writing this damn message because of that, now thats funny, although I guess I did leave myself open for it though (thats really funny).

I do often get guys in the street, asking me for directions, initially saying "excuse me love/darling", although the only thing feminine about me is my face and hair (and soft skin, and hot bod, and beautiful eyes) .

I do have this other problem with a bus driver, he used to start saying to me "seeya darling" whenever I got off the bus, and then he started sneakily touching my hand when he was giving me change, So now I just always make sure I have the right amount of money for the bus so he doesnt get the chance, it really does worry me sometimes that I might start being followed on night by a group of guys who have the wrong idea.

It started ever since I grew my hair, but if I have a short haircut I look like a complete psyco, I dont want to cut my hair because I gotten really attached to it so I guess I'll have to put up with it for now.

But anyway, with the original issue, I'll let you know if anything happens.

#239725 - 03/25/06 01:20 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
So since your screen name is so long and hard to pronounce, would it be possible we just refer to you as PB? As in Pretty Boy?

#239726 - 03/25/06 04:35 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dereck]

If that would make you happy then yea, why not?

#239727 - 03/25/06 07:41 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
pepto_bismol Offline
infinite kudos

you might want to find out if your school has a no tolerance policy before you actually fight...

no tolerance= no such thing as self defence

I heard that a lot of schools have them now, it's a way of high school administrators keeping themselves from getting sued.

Aha and I was in a similar situation and I did a thing or two and he never bothered me again. Just read my intimidation tactics post and you will understand

#239728 - 03/26/06 05:07 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: pepto_bismol]

Regardless of whether the school has a tolerance policy, these things happen when there are no teachers there so if I tell its his word against mine, and none of the teachers have the guts to make an issue of it so really telling the teachers is just as good as not telling them.

#239729 - 03/26/06 12:48 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
pepto_bismol Offline
infinite kudos

Quote:

Regardless of whether the school has a tolerance policy, these things happen when there are no teachers there so if I tell its his word against mine, and none of the teachers have the guts to make an issue of it so really telling the teachers is just as good as not telling them.

No, it is not your word against his. If your school has a no tolerance policy then if you guys get in a fight both of you are guilty.

No self defence.

Both of you will recieve the same punishment whether he struck first or not.

So your word is completely, 100% useless when it comes to a no tolerance policy.

I was expelled for self defence, and that was in middle school. I had to go to the county to get it reversed.

High school... the Administration ussualy don't care whether you are there or not.

#239730 - 03/26/06 02:06 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: pepto_bismol]
BeastInTheGarden Offline

Well, I'm in the US (hate it), situations a wee bit different over here...and my school has a similar no tolerance policy. it's a pain in the ass because whenever a kid starts with you, you have to hold back so that when you pummel him into paste so that you don't get expelled. Yet another issue is Legal troubles. WHOOOO BUDDY can there ever be a lot of them. This is not from my personal experience, but friends of mine have had to pay a lot of money for bustin' a guy's arm after he swung at him. It sounds to me like you are devoted to knocking him out with strikes...but hey, if you can get a rear naked choke on the guy...there's no marks for knocking him out...it's all gravy then.

The real problem is the legal ramifications. I don't know about england, but legal actions are taken for almost everything. It doesn't help that my family has been black listed in the area which i am in during the summer...but it helps knowing where i am when it comes to running from the cops.

It sounds like he knows your name, so if you instigate it, you may have assault charges as well as attempted murder on your hands (depends how good of a lawyer they have). My buddy that broke the dudes arm didn't even start the fight, the guy and him where playing pool, he got tackeled for making a comment, and before the guy could mount him, my friend put him in the guard, triangle choke, then armbar...witha lot of twisting. He had to pay for all of the medical bills because the douchebag didn't have medical insurance and decided to sue..and quite amazingly won.

It might be hard, and I'm a horrible example to go by, but don't get into a fight...atleast resist and don't mess him up too bad. I am 16, so i'm in highschool as well, just chill out. If [censored] hits the fan, make him wish it didn't happen, but then, you have to worry about what will happen afterwards. This probably won't stop your problems, it'll just ad to them.
I saw someone post about how they had bouts atleast once a year with a peer they didn't aggree with. I had a similar case. I've hated this kid since I was 5, and we've been fighting since then. I've always beat him, he's always had to run home crying, that or hauling himself away battered and bruised, but it never stopped. Then finally, my 8th grade year. He decided to push the edge once again. I was quite small back during my 8th grade year. Standing a whole 4'10" and being under 100 pounds, I was not the most physically intimidating guy ever to be around. He was a freshman in highschool and stood a good 5'7" and was around 140. after he pushed me and swung, I threw him into a tree, then walked away. he couldn't get up quick enough to follow me, that and he was just plain scared. Next day i'm playing basketball...guess who got their 5'10" buddy witha bat. amazingly enough, i gave him a double black eye and a concussion with one hit before i hit the ground. As i attempted to stand back up, i realized that my knee was flipped the wrong way and to the side for that matter. Immediately he got up, attempting a kick to the face, i blocked it, but having no base i fell back, attempting to grapple, but overwhelmed with pain, i attempt to go for a takedown where he busts me in the ribs witha bat. I pull him down, and rip the bat from him, and hammer on his ribcage (i've got the enlarged knuckle from almost bustin' my hand). After hearing a crack, i fall over, exhausted and in pain i start to lose it, i roll onto my leg and i kneel as he gets up gripping his chest. as i roll around in a daze, he starts throwing ineffective hay makers, then putting my in an ineffective hold. as i start busin' on his kidnies, my former 'friends' pull him off. I'm bloody, have a chipped tooth from not defending myself in my daze, and a dislocated knee. He stands up with a concussion, a [censored] up nose, and cracked ribs. Because I threw the kid into the tree, he got his buddy to sneak up on me with a bat which turned that Junoir High Brawl into something much more serious. I'm not in 11th grade, 5'10" and 150 (still retain the rapid muscle contraction which allows me to strike like a sledge hammer) and i've been deemed a crazy kid not to screw with...but some feel to test themselves, they have to give it a shot.

Before that, I was able to run 5 miles a day, and 21 miles per hour in a sprint. I was an amazing 400 runner, but due to that injury, I am unable to run competitively and if i put too much stress on it, my knee dislocates. Due to that, my other knee was damaged from trying to compensate and my hip is gone as well.

Just a simple fight can turn out to be a lot more then it was once conceived, and i'm one to tell you that personally. I've never lost any fight besides that, and have only walked away with a swollen or a split lib and some bruises on my torso, and i'm still doin' that now...but there is always the possibility he has a weapon on hand. Even if you are a great fighter, you can just slip up once and you could have a cold cold death on your hands. Martial arts might give you the feeling of invulnerability, but i've seen black belts fall to guys whom have never had any formal training in their life. Even if you think you are superior, that is placing you in a position where you shouldn't be, don't be the jerk off which thinks he is better then everyone else (whoo buddy, i do that a bunch), but you just have to tell yourself not to.

#239731 - 03/26/06 02:43 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: BeastInTheGarden]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
Quote:

It might be hard, and I'm a horrible example to go by, but don't get into a fight...atleast resist and don't mess him up too bad. I am 16, so i'm in highschool as well, just chill out. If [censored] hits the fan, make him wish it didn't happen, but then, you have to worry about what will happen afterwards. This probably won't stop your problems, it'll just ad to them.
I saw someone post about how they had bouts atleast once a year with a peer they didn't aggree with. I had a similar case. I've hated this kid since I was 5, and we've been fighting since then. I've always beat him, he's always had to run home crying, that or hauling himself away battered and bruised, but it never stopped. Then finally, my 8th grade year. He decided to push the edge once again. I was quite small back during my 8th grade year. Standing a whole 4'10" and being under 100 pounds, I was not the most physically intimidating guy ever to be around. He was a freshman in highschool and stood a good 5'7" and was around 140. after he pushed me and swung, I threw him into a tree, then walked away. he couldn't get up quick enough to follow me, that and he was just plain scared. Next day i'm playing basketball...guess who got their 5'10" buddy witha bat. amazingly enough, i gave him a double black eye and a concussion with one hit before i hit the ground. As i attempted to stand back up, i realized that my knee was flipped the wrong way and to the side for that matter. Immediately he got up, attempting a kick to the face, i blocked it, but having no base i fell back, attempting to grapple, but overwhelmed with pain, i attempt to go for a takedown where he busts me in the ribs witha bat. I pull him down, and rip the bat from him, and hammer on his ribcage (i've got the enlarged knuckle from almost bustin' my hand). After hearing a crack, i fall over, exhausted and in pain i start to lose it, i roll onto my leg and i kneel as he gets up gripping his chest. as i roll around in a daze, he starts throwing ineffective hay makers, then putting my in an ineffective hold. as i start busin' on his kidnies, my former 'friends' pull him off. I'm bloody, have a chipped tooth from not defending myself in my daze, and a dislocated knee. He stands up with a concussion, a [censored] up nose, and cracked ribs. Because I threw the kid into the tree, he got his buddy to sneak up on me with a bat which turned that Junoir High Brawl into something much more serious. I'm not in 11th grade, 5'10" and 150 (still retain the rapid muscle contraction which allows me to strike like a sledge hammer) and i've been deemed a crazy kid not to screw with...but some feel to test themselves, they have to give it a shot.

Before that, I was able to run 5 miles a day, and 21 miles per hour in a sprint. I was an amazing 400 runner, but due to that injury, I am unable to run competitively and if i put too much stress on it, my knee dislocates. Due to that, my other knee was damaged from trying to compensate and my hip is gone as well.

Just a simple fight can turn out to be a lot more then it was once conceived, and i'm one to tell you that personally. I've never lost any fight besides that, and have only walked away with a swollen or a split lib and some bruises on my torso, and i'm still doin' that now...but there is always the possibility he has a weapon on hand. Even if you are a great fighter, you can just slip up once and you could have a cold cold death on your hands. Martial arts might give you the feeling of invulnerability, but i've seen black belts fall to guys whom have never had any formal training in their life. Even if you think you are superior, that is placing you in a position where you shouldn't be, don't be the jerk off which thinks he is better then everyone else (whoo buddy, i do that a bunch), but you just have to tell yourself not to.

coughvtgcough

#239732 - 03/26/06 02:56 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: JoelM]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
OK, I am shutting this down. School fight threads are a direct violation of forum rules here.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga