FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 62 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
Dobbersky 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
SoulJah22 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#239674 - 03/19/06 08:17 AM Might get into a fight
Dauragon c mikado Offline

Loc: Oxford, England
Basicly theres this annoying fat retard at my school who wont leave me alone, he starts on me, I say lets take it outside, when we get outside he just talks (I wait for him to make the first move) and then seeing that its going nowhere I just ignore him and go back in.
A couple of days ago he tried to punch me, I just parried it and threw a flurry of punches that stopped just at his face, he backed off as fast as he could waving his arms about not knowing what the hell was going on.
On another occassion he was standing with his back to me, noticing I was there he tried to drive his elbow into my face, out of sheer habit I blocked it, then I stepped on his foot and pushed him over (he looked like a real idiot).

He's always calling me names in class, I either completly ignore him or jusy completly verbally outwit him.
I spoken to teachers about him and they say others have made complaints about him too but nothings being done as far as I know.

The only way I can think to resolve this is to just kick the crap out of him or atleast humiliate him so everybody wont let him forget it, but that might make him want to get his own back (not that I care).

Ive outsmarted him, Ive shown him I have the capability to utterly destroy him, Ive spoken to several teachers and the head of year.

What else?

Advice or comments please?

#239675 - 03/19/06 08:58 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Dalen Offline

Loc: nj
Unfortunately it sounds like the answer for the moment is just to "suck it up". Unless the person becomes a threat in someway. If he attacks you defend yourself, otherwise you could get in real trouble, and it is very, very important to have the moral upperhand in any physical conflict.
I know this isn't perhaps the response you'd like...but if we beat the snot out of everyone that we had issue with, and i often would like too...our world would be little but violence.
Look at the brightside, whatever school you are in, you'll graduate sooner or later and you'll never see the guy again. Go to college, this guy will probably be pumping your gas in ten years.
But...don't ever just let yourself get hit, if he attacks again...lay him out, and the faster the better, never play around in a "Real" fight. That guy might get off a lucky shot and break something on you.
good luck,
Dalen

#239676 - 03/19/06 09:37 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Joss Offline
Dragon

See PM.

#239677 - 03/19/06 01:37 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Basicly theres this annoying fat retard at my school who wont leave me alone

If he has a mental disability then you should talk to a member of his support staff. I did some work with kids with Downs, and though prone to occasional violent outbursts they were normaly easily pre-empted and diffused. I cant speak from experience with other kinds of dissorders so this could be different. Is the fact that he is fat annoying you also, or was that put in there purely as a descriptive element? You should seek counselling if obesity irritates you- thats not normal.

Quote:

he starts on me

Define please.

Quote:

I say lets take it outside, when we get outside he just talks (I wait for him to make the first move) and then seeing that its going nowhere I just ignore him and go back in.

Just as well. By asking him to step outside you have become the aggressor. Silly boy.

Quote:

He's always calling me names in class, I either completly ignore him or jusy completly verbally outwit him.
I spoken to teachers about him and they say others have made complaints about him too but nothings being done as far as I know.

Then tell your parents, and get them to make a formal complaint about the child in question, and the schools apparent inaction against a disruptive influence. Or are you afraid that in so doing another side to this story will emerge?

Quote:

The only way I can think to resolve this is to just kick the crap out of him or atleast humiliate him so everybody wont let him forget it, but that might make him want to get his own back (not that I care).

good plan, then when he drops a concrete block on your head from a fly-over in 2 months you can be all nonchelant about it

Quote:

Ive outsmarted him, Ive shown him I have the capability to utterly destroy him, Ive spoken to several teachers and the head of year.

YOUR PARENTS!! 9if you can honestly say that you have not inflamed this situation you have no reason not to get them involved. After all you havent shown any signs of arrogance or hot headedness on the forums have you? )

Quote:

Advice or comments please?

You ask, you get.

#239678 - 03/19/06 01:54 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Cord]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Cord!

#239679 - 03/19/06 01:55 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
gojuwarrior1 Offline
tougher than you

Loc: East Coast, USA
These type of people only do these things for attention and to make themselves look better. My advice kick'em in the nads in front of everyone, that will lower his self esteem. No, no, just kidding, ignore the punk until he lays a real hand on you then you have every right to "destroy" him.

#239680 - 03/19/06 02:09 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Sorin Offline

Loc: Oxford, MS
Everyone else's advice is pretty sound. Assuming your doing nothing to provoke him or this isn't going both ways, your description of this guy and what he does, it sounds like he's more or less just being really annoying. Someone annoying you is not grounds to kick the crap out of them. If a teacher asks, then it will be obvious that you started the fight. Even if he was being annoying or calling you names, you will have started the fight. If he attacks you, then it's a different matter. When I was younger I was made fun of when I started at a new school, mostly because I was the new kid. I retorted and tried to outwit them too, but it didn't stop. Eventually I just kinda laughed with them or ignored them. People who do that are looking to provoke you or get a certain response. They want to see that it's bothering you. You'll be surprised how quickly it stops when they stop getting the responses that they want.

Sorin

#239681 - 03/19/06 02:23 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Sorin]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Good call Sorin! Blindingly good advice there. Props

Edited by Cord (03/19/06 02:25 PM)

#239682 - 03/19/06 02:42 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Cord]

I only respond a bit more to what he does to me, I dont live with my parent and my foster parents dont care (not intended to be a sob story).

At the beginning I did just ignore him but now its just getting ridiculous, I had to put up with this moron for 6 months now, I dont want to put up with it anymore.

#239683 - 03/19/06 04:42 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Care or not, your foster parents have a responsibility to your welfare. If you feel you are being unfairly treated by a student, and the school will not listen to you, then they may listen to your guardians if they express concern on your behalf. People who foster generaly have an interest in the care of the children under their roof. Its kind of why they foster in the first place, unless they are farmers, in which case they may be looking for cheap labour . Talk to them. Explain your concerns, and how miserable this kid is making you. You may be suprised by their response.

Every kid thinks even their biological parents only exist to bust their chops and spoil their fun. In adult speak that is looking after your safety and overriding youthful poor judgement. Give 'em a chance

#239684 - 03/19/06 06:11 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Cord]

All my biologiacl parents did was bust my chops, and i hate my foster parents.

#239685 - 03/19/06 07:46 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Sorin Offline

Loc: Oxford, MS
Maybe your foster parents are less then helpful. I don't know since I'm not in your situation. There must be someone at your school that will listen to you. I find it hard to believe that the entire teaching and administrative staff of the school or completely ignoring a complaint from a student.

Even if the teachers can't or won't do anything, I don't think fighting will solve any of your problems. Beating him up or humilating him will not humble him. It will not make him leave you alone. If anything it might just intensify the situation and make matters worse. You have posted enough on this board to know that no one here is going to say "yeah kick the crap out of him!!". From what you said, you've already bested him physically and mentally. Don't think that you coming out on top in a little scuffle will help you any. If you don't get suspended from school, he will just come back at you with some more people and no matter how confident you are that you can beat him, numbers will generally overwhelm anyone's confidence. Fighting should only be used if he's trying to harm you physically. Words don't leave bruises or cuts. They can be annoying but they can also be ignored.

The best thing to do is to just to avoid and ignore him. In class, don't sit near him. Try not to retort to his taunts, since it's what he wants. After a little while, he'll grow bored because he's not causing any effect. No one says doing this is going to fun or easy at first, but I think he will get frustrated if he gets no response from you. This is one of those cases where it will take a lot more strength to do nothing, then it will to actually throw a punch.

Sorin

#239686 - 03/19/06 10:43 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Derik Offline
Cruisin' for a bruisin'

Quote:

A couple of days ago he tried to punch me, I just parried it and threw a flurry of punches that STOPPED JUST AT HIS FACE

i see your problem here..

#239687 - 03/19/06 10:47 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Derik]

On purpous silly

#239688 - 03/19/06 10:49 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Derik Offline
Cruisin' for a bruisin'

Quote:

On purpous silly

maby you shouldnt have stopped is what i was saying if teachers are around and he throws a punch at you lay him out but dont like break his nose or somthing that would leave visible damage or youll get caught just reap his legs then give him a nice hammerfist to the sternum or somthing

#239689 - 03/19/06 11:32 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Derik]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Don't take advice from other kids.

There's nothing to fight about here.

Sorin has given some excellent advice,go with it.

#239690 - 03/19/06 11:37 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: BrianS]
Derik Offline
Cruisin' for a bruisin'

brian im not trying to be a punk little kid who uses martial arts to bully other people but somtimes in highschool its better just to fight the kid then to go and tell a teacher or your parents and get labeld as a little baby who tells on people. If you fight this kid in a public place and really make it look good then no one will mess with you anymore where as if you told you would be teased on a daily basis. also if you do that you might humble him a bit because he would be so embarressed and scared of you. Just dont do it if your not possitive you can take him out because it sucks losing in a school fight because everyone knows.

#239691 - 03/19/06 11:56 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Derik]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Quote:

brian im not trying to be a punk little kid who uses martial arts to bully other people but somtimes in highschool its better just to fight the kid then to go and tell a teacher or your parents and get labeld as a little baby who tells on people. If you fight this kid in a public place and really make it look good then no one will mess with you anymore where as if you told you would be teased on a daily basis. also if you do that you might humble him a bit because he would be so embarressed and scared of you. Just dont do it if your not possitive you can take him out because it sucks losing in a school fight because everyone knows.

I'm not holier than thou Derik,it wasn't too long ago I was in highschool(or was it?).

I had some tough times in highschool too and I understand that your reputation is important.

Once a guy tried to fight me in school over something stupid and I just stood there and took the insults as my 'friends' looked on. He even pushed me and I did nothing. The guy was smaller than me and I was sure that I could beat him easily,but instead I walked away. For the next few weeks I endured the 'looks' and insults from other people,who weren't really my friends. People want to be entertained at others expense. At the time I felt stupid and I even thought about settling things,but I didn't. Looking back now I'm glad of the decision I made now and I'm not so proud of the times I fought when there was other ways of handling things.
So,you have two choices. One is easy,go ahead and be the big man and 'beat the crap' out of the 'fat retard' or two,be mature and realize that it's not worth it and the opinions of the other kids in school do not matter. You only see one face when you look in the mirror.

Do you train hard just so you can save face at school against annoying people or for real self defense? Violence is easy,the right way isn't. Which will you choose? Will you do what all the other people in school are pressuring you to do or take your own path?

#239692 - 03/20/06 12:06 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: BrianS]
Derik Offline
Cruisin' for a bruisin'

getting pushed and getting punched or elbowed in the ribs are very differnt. just last week some kid wanted to fight me for no reason on the way to 6th hour. he gets up in my face and pushes me and i just stand there while he is insulting me and i did the same thing you did. But if he where to punch me or invade my personal space again i would do whatever i had to. I gave him one freebie but if he does it again ill do what i have to. I dont want to have to fear or dread going to school because some kid wants to start stuff with me because i ask him to give somthing back to me that he stole from me

#239693 - 03/20/06 12:11 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Derik]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Do what you have to do. I'm just letting you know that you are the only one that has to live with the decision,not any of us here,not the others in your school,just you.

#239694 - 03/20/06 12:20 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: BrianS]
Derik Offline
Cruisin' for a bruisin'

i dont get why your making out a simple schol yard fight to be like murder im not saying i fight alot or anything ive actually never got in a fight in my life but i dont think its that big of a deal to drop some punkass kid who thinks hes all bad

#239695 - 03/20/06 12:24 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Derik]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

I've seen 'simple school fights' turn out to be much more. I don't get why you think it's ok to just beat someone up just because you can.

A guy I went to school was shot twice,in a seperate incident one was stabbed, and another group was run over by a car and then beaten with ballbats all over 'simple school fights'.

Quote:

actually never got in a fight in my life but i dont think its that big of a deal to drop some punkass kid who thinks hes all bad

Quote of the day,lol.

#239696 - 03/20/06 12:30 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Derik]
UofM Shorin Ryu Offline
Resident Forum Breakdancer

Not to detract from already good advice rampant on this thread, but you've been posting here for HOW long and hadn't figured out what to do yet?

I know the learning curve for everyone is different but....

I would have thought with the amount of posts and the length you've been at these forums you would have known what to do by now , but maybe I'm just being harsh and naive

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. There's plenty of "history" on here to show you that kicking the crap out of someone isn't your best option.

PS: I've been in your shoes. Just laugh with them, learn to make fun at yourself, and this kind of bullying dies within DAYS.....

Edited by UofM Shorin Ryu (03/20/06 12:32 AM)

#239697 - 03/20/06 03:02 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: UofM Shorin Ryu]

Ok, Ill just completly ignore him until he gets physical, until then, no fighting.

#239698 - 03/20/06 03:12 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
See PM

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#239699 - 03/20/06 03:49 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Derik]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Quote:

ive actually never got in a fight in my life but i dont think its that big of a deal to drop some punkass kid who thinks hes all bad

What looks good in your imagination seldom works to plan in reality.

Sorin has given some excellent advice for this situation.

If you get attacked physically defend yourself, you really dont need a forum full of adults to work that one out for you do you?

Dont talk smack or respond to insults and the chances of being attacked reduce dramatically.

I was a kentucky Fried idiot in school, and had a lot of fights. I am not in contact with one person now at the age of 31 who thought I was cool for winning, or laughed when I got dropped, and even if I were, I doubt they would remember or attach any meaning to those times here in adult life. KEEP SAFE. DEFENDING YOUR SCHOOL 'REP' SIMPLY ISNT WORTH EXPULSION OR INJURY.

#239700 - 03/21/06 06:07 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Cord]

Okay, today he started getting physical because he didnt like the fact i was completly blanking him, he started pushing me, I parried the push whitch put him side on to me, I knew he was about to try something else so I just thought 'to hell with it' and grabbed him by the adams apple, Whilst doing so I told him basicly to just leave me alone, then I let him go.
When I let him go he looked pretty feint, up against the wall trying to breath.
he then went to reception for a glass of water then he came back to the lesson, and I havent even seen so much as a glare since.

Hopefully it will last, I know what I did might of been going a bit to far but it seems to be getting results anyway.

dcm

#239701 - 03/21/06 06:36 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Dauragon, I know I must seem to always be criticising you, so I am sure you will be shocked to hear that it sounds like you did good to me

Alright get up and take deep breaths . If he became the physical aggressor, you had every right to defend yourself. By doing what you did, he got shaken up, but not hurt. Perfect I hope that your control and good judgement brings the matter to a close, allowing you to get on with studying hard for a successful future.

#239702 - 03/21/06 06:42 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Cord]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Ditto!

#239703 - 03/21/06 08:21 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: BrianS]

I actually am pretty shocked, I thought you guys were gonna have a go at me for the throat thing, people who witenessed it were more or less saying good job, even his so called 'friends' (shows what people think of him).
But sadly the success was short lived since hes now threatening me with hurting my ex, if he does that, self control and principles go out the window.

I just dont get it! He must be a complete moron, hes annoying this snake a bit too much, and he's gonna get bitten.

#239704 - 03/21/06 09:27 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
McSensei Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kent, England
DCM,
Go out, buy yourself a dictophone and record his threats.
(They aren't dear)
Then take the evidence of his behaviour and threats to the school authorities. The head teacher perhaps.
If he does nothing take it to the school governors them selves, along with a taped conversation you had with the head teacher showing that you have tried all the proper channels and still nothing is being done.
You could also introduce the threat of taking your situation and taped evidence to the local papers.
That should get some action.

I noticed that you are in Oxford, I expect to see you on 13th May at the get together.

Edited by McSensei (03/21/06 09:29 AM)

#239705 - 03/21/06 03:42 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: McSensei]

Normally that would be some good advice but the only problem is you can hardly understand a word hes saying, he has a deep pakistani accent, he has a serious stutter and on top of that he pourpously makes himself sound like a retard (thats a truthful meaning, not an insult).
It might be why he annoys me due to his low self-esteem, but I think rather than take his problem out on me he should seek a speach therapist (and a shrink, and a cosmetic surgeon).

Hes obviously just a total moron, he wont leave me alone even despite what Ive done so far, he just doesnt seem to get it, I am superior to him in almost every aspect (not meaning to be big headed, of course )

Maybe I just did'nt hurt him enough, maybe its a case of the more damage the more absence, but I really dont see why I should bother, what do you have to do in order to get complete and utter morons to leave you alone?

#239706 - 03/21/06 05:38 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: McSensei]
Derik Offline
Cruisin' for a bruisin'

Quote:

DCM,
Go out, buy yourself a dictophone and record his threats.
(They aren't dear)
Then take the evidence of his behaviour and threats to the school authorities. The head teacher perhaps.
If he does nothing take it to the school governors them selves, along with a taped conversation you had with the head teacher showing that you have tried all the proper channels and still nothing is being done.
You could also introduce the threat of taking your situation and taped evidence to the local papers.
That should get some action.

I noticed that you are in Oxford, I expect to see you on 13th May at the get together.

You cant record people without them knowing and press charges with it, or take it to court. It doesnt matter if somones saying i killed blah blah you cant even show it to anyone

and about him watch your surronding from now on, i wouldnt doubt it if he just sucker punches you in the back of the head. I would wait till he gets physical, and unless he does dont do anything but if he does do what you have to then write it down here in great detail

Edited by Derik (03/21/06 08:36 PM)

#239707 - 03/21/06 05:48 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Quote:

Maybe I just did'nt hurt him enough, maybe its a case of the more damage the more absence, but I really dont see why I should bother, what do you have to do in order to get complete and utter morons to leave you alone?

there is no sure fire way. There was a guy in my school who i just didnt see eye to eye with- we rubbed one another up the wrong way. I used to get into it with him at least once per academic year, right the way through from 9 years old till i left school at 17. Sometimes fighting does no mean resolution, thats why so many people do not promote it on here- it simply is not an argument settler.

Most important at this stage is to inform your ex girlfriend of this threat. Maybe if her parents complain to the school, it will carry more weight than your complaints thus far? even if not, she can make provision to stay well clear of him.

Edited by Cord (03/21/06 05:50 PM)

#239708 - 03/21/06 05:49 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Derik]

I suspect that too, but i doubt hed try it, he doesnt seem the type, but people can surprise you.

#239709 - 03/21/06 06:37 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Derik]
McSensei Offline
Veteran

"You cant record people without them knowing and press charges with it or take it to court. It doesnt matter if somones saying i killed blah blah you cant even show it to anyone"

I'm not suggesting that he uses it in court. Or as a means of getting some legal action taken against the aggressor.
I'm just suggesting an idea to prove that what he is saying is the truth. After all, if you were a headmaster and someone brought you a recording of this kind of abusiveness, wouldn't you listen to it? I would. Sod the Human Rights Act. Besides that, I doubt if the guy is even aware of the law.
Also, DCM, you could get around the legal aspect by showing him the recorder and telling him that you are recording him.
If he still carries on then he will have waived his rights under law.

Is that better, Derik?

#239710 - 03/21/06 08:40 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: McSensei]
Derik Offline
Cruisin' for a bruisin'

Quote:

"You cant record people without them knowing and press charges with it or take it to court. It doesnt matter if somones saying i killed blah blah you cant even show it to anyone"

I'm not suggesting that he uses it in court. Or as a means of getting some legal action taken against the aggressor.
I'm just suggesting an idea to prove that what he is saying is the truth. After all, if you were a headmaster and someone brought you a recording of this kind of abusiveness, wouldn't you listen to it? I would. Sod the Human Rights Act. Besides that, I doubt if the guy is even aware of the law.
Also, DCM, you could get around the legal aspect by showing him the recorder and telling him that you are recording him.
If he still carries on then he will have waived his rights under law.

Is that better, Derik?

He has to give permission to you which he wouldnít do. thatís why if your getting interrogated by the police they tell you this is being recorded. If I was the dean unless I could tell 100% which I doubt you would be able to do it was him I wouldnít suspend him or anything like that. Kids do stupid stuff and you donít know if itís just one of the guys friends impersonating him. I would tell him if he does anything physical to your ex your going to drop him but other then that just ignore it heís scared of you now thatís why heís going for your ex.

#239711 - 03/21/06 08:56 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

I would suggest for no one to give legal advice unless you know the laws in Oxford,England.

Derik,
I also don't think threatening him because he threatened his ex is good advice either.

Dauragon,
The VTG attitude you are displaying now is getting tired,anything could happen,don't get cocky.
The only suggestion I have is to keep record of what is happening and always make sure an adult knows everytime he does something.
How is it that you are around this guy so much? why can he not be avoided.

WTH, I thought I would just slam everybody.

#239712 - 03/22/06 12:25 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: BrianS]
Derik Offline
Cruisin' for a bruisin'

Quote:

I would suggest for no one to give legal advice unless you know the laws in Oxford,England.

Derik,
I also don't think threatening him because he threatened his ex is good advice either.

Dauragon,
The VTG attitude you are displaying now is getting tired,anything could happen,don't get cocky.
The only suggestion I have is to keep record of what is happening and always make sure an adult knows everytime he does something.
How is it that you are around this guy so much? why can he not be avoided.

WTH, I thought I would just slam everybody.

http://www.bkbih.org/kta/JUSTICE%20AND%20PEACE/02.htm
just as i suspected

#239713 - 03/22/06 02:26 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
theoldone Offline

Here are some thoughts you might want to consider. Bear in mind I have no actual, first-hand information of the situation, the offender nor you, so all these are just suggestions.

First, follow all the precauionary steps as outlined on this thread (and as dictated by common sense).

Second, it's time to try something else. You've ignored him, and you've "handled" him. Both didn't work. It's time to "sell" him.

Become a "pesky salesman" of the martial arts. Sincerely try to "sell" him on joining a dojo or program. Everytime you see him, sell, sell, sell. He gives you and elbow, block it and go, "Great elbow". Let it sink in. He'll probably be a bit uncomfortable about it. Not used to getting compliments and all that. Then continue with,"Hey, ever thought of joining a...? You'd be great. Doesn't cost much. Just blah, blah, blah"

He pushes you, sell him. He knocks against you, sell him. "Pursue" him. Even if he doesn't do anything, when you see him, try to recruit him. The idea is to be like the pesky little brother who won't stop bugging his big brother.

Do it sincerely, without sarcasm or anything that could be construed as a retort. Just keep on selling. Heh...think of it as Talk Kwondo

Or...

You could try something else.

Everytime he gives you a "technique" to work with (elbow, punch, shove, etc) and you've been able to counter it sucessfully (and there's no threat of immediate danger), do this:

Ease up slowly (no sudden moves) with a slight smile and nod of "approval", quietly slip out of the line of fire, let your guard down, approval smile still on, give him a little pat on the shoulder (sort of silently saying, "Good job") and another slight nod of approval. Then just walk away immediately without saying anything.

Think Mr. Miyagi prasing Daniel without words and you'll get the general idea.

Anyway, these are just my suggestions. Only you know what's appropriate or not, and what might and might not work. These two suggestions are now your new kata. Might need some practice (visualization). Practice or not, your choice.

Good luck.

#239714 - 03/22/06 03:34 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: theoldone]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

I like theoldone.

#239715 - 03/22/06 04:23 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: theoldone]

Brian, the reason I cant avoid him no matter how much I might want to is because our timetables are identicle, I put up with this since I started sixth form its getting a bit tiring.

Theoldone, I like your Idea of 'selling him', vry very funny really.

He says hes done tae kwon do but hes terrible (to the point where if you saw him in action you would have to hit him), the idea complimenting him would be the ultimate irony, though if I did start talking to him like that he would be immeidiatly intised (he thrives on compliments) yes I think if I were to inflate hi ego a bit it might work to my advantage, maybe it will encourage him to work on his 'martial art' and not on me.

Ill see how it goes.

dcm

#239716 - 03/22/06 09:55 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Derik]
McSensei Offline
Veteran

"He has to give permission to you which he wouldnít do. thatís why if your getting interrogated by the police they tell you this is being recorded"

You have just hit the nail on the head.
"They tell You..."
They don't ask your permission, all they have to do is inform you.
Do you live in England, Derik?
Your profile comes up a little short of info

The law in this country is not as set in stone as it is elsewhere, as it is based on "Precedent" and can change everytime a Judge decides on a case.

I have taken legal advice on this issue because my home is protected by CCTV with audio included and therefore is subject to the same regulations.

That is the last thing I'll say on this issue as it is getting way off topic.
Derik, if you wish to carry on this discussion, PM me.

#239717 - 03/22/06 10:12 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: McSensei]
Cord Offline
Prolific

McSensie is right, in the UK you must give warning of any recording, not get permission. Thats why you have signs up telling you of surveilance cameras in an area covered by them. They dont switch em off if you dont consent to be recorded

Sorry to add to the

#239718 - 03/23/06 12:21 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Cord]
Just1Mike Offline
No, the OTHER Mike

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Dauragon, I'm not trying to be silly or anything. Are you sure this guy doesn't have a crush on you?

Good Luck!
Mike

#239719 - 03/23/06 03:06 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Just1Mike]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Wow, so this is what goes on in this end of the forum.

From my own experience. In my younger grades in the 70's and the early 80's I fought ... too much. In some schools I was tough and other schools I wasn't. In some schools I wasn't picked on and others I was. If push came to shove I'd fight and I'd win some and I'd loose some. BUT the more I fought the easier it was and was expected by everybody. It was almost like I was a target. Mid 80's when in grade 11 and 12 I never had to fight. I didn't look for it and it didn't look for me. I didn't come off as a tough guy so I had no target on my back. Perhaps you have this target on your back and that is why he is continually being your problem.

Sure you could beat this guy down and perhaps you will be a hero or be noticed as a tough guy and not to mess with ... or perhaps you will have an even bigger target on your back. Or perhaps this kid then wants to get revenge and gets a couple of buddies to jump you one day ... or he snaps and brings a weapon.

Nobody can tell you what to do but understand if you do something there can be consequences. Not to mention what you do now in life sets in motion patterns when you are older. It is always good to have a good template of dealing with situations when you are younger so that when you are older life is that much easier.

Going to school is never easy ... and with violence like it is now it may be harder then when I was in school. I hate being bullied or pushed around and I hate backing down as then it makes me feel weak inside ... and that can't be good either as you don't want to be a push over all of your life either. There are no easy answers and you will need to decide for yourself the best course of action. What ever you do understand there is no taking it back so make good decisions. I feel for you dude, and I wish you the best of luck in dealing with this. Trust me, life is what you make of it and sometimes the little things are just that, little things. Good luck.

#239720 - 03/23/06 03:12 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Just1Mike]

Quote:

Dauragon, I'm not trying to be silly or anything. Are you sure this guy doesn't have a crush on you?

I have thought about this theory but when you look at the guy youll see why I dont want to think about it

At the very beginning of term when he started annoying me I used my usual stratagy when dealing with annoying townies, I took advantage of my feminine appearance and licked and sucked on my fingers, rather than getting the preffured reaction of "er, your gay get away from me" he just stared at me almost looking pleased, I hope this is not the case

If this is the case the for him loves gonna be painful, really painful.

dcm

Edited by Dauragon c mikado (03/23/06 03:13 AM)

#239721 - 03/23/06 03:18 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

#239722 - 03/23/06 04:00 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: oldman]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Ah, the artist formerly known as good

Dauragon, dont thraten this guy with 'painfull love' you will only encourage him

#239723 - 03/23/06 06:25 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Cord]
McSensei Offline
Veteran

Oldman, Cord, knock it off guys. I keep spraying my keyboard with coffee.

DCM,
It's been a few days now, has anything else happened?
Come on now, you can tell us. It'll be our little secret.

#239724 - 03/24/06 07:16 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: McSensei]

Nope nothing else has happened so far, today I didnt have to go to school because it was achievement day (dont know why its called that, its more of a progress meeting).
Hes been keping his distance and keeping quiet so far though, so nothing serious.

And about that pic, I had trouble writing this damn message because of that, now thats funny, although I guess I did leave myself open for it though (thats really funny).

I do often get guys in the street, asking me for directions, initially saying "excuse me love/darling", although the only thing feminine about me is my face and hair (and soft skin, and hot bod, and beautiful eyes) .

I do have this other problem with a bus driver, he used to start saying to me "seeya darling" whenever I got off the bus, and then he started sneakily touching my hand when he was giving me change, So now I just always make sure I have the right amount of money for the bus so he doesnt get the chance, it really does worry me sometimes that I might start being followed on night by a group of guys who have the wrong idea.

It started ever since I grew my hair, but if I have a short haircut I look like a complete psyco, I dont want to cut my hair because I gotten really attached to it so I guess I'll have to put up with it for now.

But anyway, with the original issue, I'll let you know if anything happens.

#239725 - 03/25/06 01:20 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
So since your screen name is so long and hard to pronounce, would it be possible we just refer to you as PB? As in Pretty Boy?

#239726 - 03/25/06 04:35 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dereck]

If that would make you happy then yea, why not?

#239727 - 03/25/06 07:41 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
pepto_bismol Offline
infinite kudos

you might want to find out if your school has a no tolerance policy before you actually fight...

no tolerance= no such thing as self defence

I heard that a lot of schools have them now, it's a way of high school administrators keeping themselves from getting sued.

Aha and I was in a similar situation and I did a thing or two and he never bothered me again. Just read my intimidation tactics post and you will understand

#239728 - 03/26/06 05:07 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: pepto_bismol]

Regardless of whether the school has a tolerance policy, these things happen when there are no teachers there so if I tell its his word against mine, and none of the teachers have the guts to make an issue of it so really telling the teachers is just as good as not telling them.

#239729 - 03/26/06 12:48 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
pepto_bismol Offline
infinite kudos

Quote:

Regardless of whether the school has a tolerance policy, these things happen when there are no teachers there so if I tell its his word against mine, and none of the teachers have the guts to make an issue of it so really telling the teachers is just as good as not telling them.

No, it is not your word against his. If your school has a no tolerance policy then if you guys get in a fight both of you are guilty.

No self defence.

Both of you will recieve the same punishment whether he struck first or not.

So your word is completely, 100% useless when it comes to a no tolerance policy.

I was expelled for self defence, and that was in middle school. I had to go to the county to get it reversed.

High school... the Administration ussualy don't care whether you are there or not.

#239730 - 03/26/06 02:06 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: pepto_bismol]
BeastInTheGarden Offline

Well, I'm in the US (hate it), situations a wee bit different over here...and my school has a similar no tolerance policy. it's a pain in the ass because whenever a kid starts with you, you have to hold back so that when you pummel him into paste so that you don't get expelled. Yet another issue is Legal troubles. WHOOOO BUDDY can there ever be a lot of them. This is not from my personal experience, but friends of mine have had to pay a lot of money for bustin' a guy's arm after he swung at him. It sounds to me like you are devoted to knocking him out with strikes...but hey, if you can get a rear naked choke on the guy...there's no marks for knocking him out...it's all gravy then.

The real problem is the legal ramifications. I don't know about england, but legal actions are taken for almost everything. It doesn't help that my family has been black listed in the area which i am in during the summer...but it helps knowing where i am when it comes to running from the cops.

It sounds like he knows your name, so if you instigate it, you may have assault charges as well as attempted murder on your hands (depends how good of a lawyer they have). My buddy that broke the dudes arm didn't even start the fight, the guy and him where playing pool, he got tackeled for making a comment, and before the guy could mount him, my friend put him in the guard, triangle choke, then armbar...witha lot of twisting. He had to pay for all of the medical bills because the douchebag didn't have medical insurance and decided to sue..and quite amazingly won.

It might be hard, and I'm a horrible example to go by, but don't get into a fight...atleast resist and don't mess him up too bad. I am 16, so i'm in highschool as well, just chill out. If [censored] hits the fan, make him wish it didn't happen, but then, you have to worry about what will happen afterwards. This probably won't stop your problems, it'll just ad to them.
I saw someone post about how they had bouts atleast once a year with a peer they didn't aggree with. I had a similar case. I've hated this kid since I was 5, and we've been fighting since then. I've always beat him, he's always had to run home crying, that or hauling himself away battered and bruised, but it never stopped. Then finally, my 8th grade year. He decided to push the edge once again. I was quite small back during my 8th grade year. Standing a whole 4'10" and being under 100 pounds, I was not the most physically intimidating guy ever to be around. He was a freshman in highschool and stood a good 5'7" and was around 140. after he pushed me and swung, I threw him into a tree, then walked away. he couldn't get up quick enough to follow me, that and he was just plain scared. Next day i'm playing basketball...guess who got their 5'10" buddy witha bat. amazingly enough, i gave him a double black eye and a concussion with one hit before i hit the ground. As i attempted to stand back up, i realized that my knee was flipped the wrong way and to the side for that matter. Immediately he got up, attempting a kick to the face, i blocked it, but having no base i fell back, attempting to grapple, but overwhelmed with pain, i attempt to go for a takedown where he busts me in the ribs witha bat. I pull him down, and rip the bat from him, and hammer on his ribcage (i've got the enlarged knuckle from almost bustin' my hand). After hearing a crack, i fall over, exhausted and in pain i start to lose it, i roll onto my leg and i kneel as he gets up gripping his chest. as i roll around in a daze, he starts throwing ineffective hay makers, then putting my in an ineffective hold. as i start busin' on his kidnies, my former 'friends' pull him off. I'm bloody, have a chipped tooth from not defending myself in my daze, and a dislocated knee. He stands up with a concussion, a [censored] up nose, and cracked ribs. Because I threw the kid into the tree, he got his buddy to sneak up on me with a bat which turned that Junoir High Brawl into something much more serious. I'm not in 11th grade, 5'10" and 150 (still retain the rapid muscle contraction which allows me to strike like a sledge hammer) and i've been deemed a crazy kid not to screw with...but some feel to test themselves, they have to give it a shot.

Before that, I was able to run 5 miles a day, and 21 miles per hour in a sprint. I was an amazing 400 runner, but due to that injury, I am unable to run competitively and if i put too much stress on it, my knee dislocates. Due to that, my other knee was damaged from trying to compensate and my hip is gone as well.

Just a simple fight can turn out to be a lot more then it was once conceived, and i'm one to tell you that personally. I've never lost any fight besides that, and have only walked away with a swollen or a split lib and some bruises on my torso, and i'm still doin' that now...but there is always the possibility he has a weapon on hand. Even if you are a great fighter, you can just slip up once and you could have a cold cold death on your hands. Martial arts might give you the feeling of invulnerability, but i've seen black belts fall to guys whom have never had any formal training in their life. Even if you think you are superior, that is placing you in a position where you shouldn't be, don't be the jerk off which thinks he is better then everyone else (whoo buddy, i do that a bunch), but you just have to tell yourself not to.

#239731 - 03/26/06 02:43 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: BeastInTheGarden]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
Quote:

It might be hard, and I'm a horrible example to go by, but don't get into a fight...atleast resist and don't mess him up too bad. I am 16, so i'm in highschool as well, just chill out. If [censored] hits the fan, make him wish it didn't happen, but then, you have to worry about what will happen afterwards. This probably won't stop your problems, it'll just ad to them.
I saw someone post about how they had bouts atleast once a year with a peer they didn't aggree with. I had a similar case. I've hated this kid since I was 5, and we've been fighting since then. I've always beat him, he's always had to run home crying, that or hauling himself away battered and bruised, but it never stopped. Then finally, my 8th grade year. He decided to push the edge once again. I was quite small back during my 8th grade year. Standing a whole 4'10" and being under 100 pounds, I was not the most physically intimidating guy ever to be around. He was a freshman in highschool and stood a good 5'7" and was around 140. after he pushed me and swung, I threw him into a tree, then walked away. he couldn't get up quick enough to follow me, that and he was just plain scared. Next day i'm playing basketball...guess who got their 5'10" buddy witha bat. amazingly enough, i gave him a double black eye and a concussion with one hit before i hit the ground. As i attempted to stand back up, i realized that my knee was flipped the wrong way and to the side for that matter. Immediately he got up, attempting a kick to the face, i blocked it, but having no base i fell back, attempting to grapple, but overwhelmed with pain, i attempt to go for a takedown where he busts me in the ribs witha bat. I pull him down, and rip the bat from him, and hammer on his ribcage (i've got the enlarged knuckle from almost bustin' my hand). After hearing a crack, i fall over, exhausted and in pain i start to lose it, i roll onto my leg and i kneel as he gets up gripping his chest. as i roll around in a daze, he starts throwing ineffective hay makers, then putting my in an ineffective hold. as i start busin' on his kidnies, my former 'friends' pull him off. I'm bloody, have a chipped tooth from not defending myself in my daze, and a dislocated knee. He stands up with a concussion, a [censored] up nose, and cracked ribs. Because I threw the kid into the tree, he got his buddy to sneak up on me with a bat which turned that Junoir High Brawl into something much more serious. I'm not in 11th grade, 5'10" and 150 (still retain the rapid muscle contraction which allows me to strike like a sledge hammer) and i've been deemed a crazy kid not to screw with...but some feel to test themselves, they have to give it a shot.

Before that, I was able to run 5 miles a day, and 21 miles per hour in a sprint. I was an amazing 400 runner, but due to that injury, I am unable to run competitively and if i put too much stress on it, my knee dislocates. Due to that, my other knee was damaged from trying to compensate and my hip is gone as well.

Just a simple fight can turn out to be a lot more then it was once conceived, and i'm one to tell you that personally. I've never lost any fight besides that, and have only walked away with a swollen or a split lib and some bruises on my torso, and i'm still doin' that now...but there is always the possibility he has a weapon on hand. Even if you are a great fighter, you can just slip up once and you could have a cold cold death on your hands. Martial arts might give you the feeling of invulnerability, but i've seen black belts fall to guys whom have never had any formal training in their life. Even if you think you are superior, that is placing you in a position where you shouldn't be, don't be the jerk off which thinks he is better then everyone else (whoo buddy, i do that a bunch), but you just have to tell yourself not to.

coughvtgcough

#239732 - 03/26/06 02:56 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: JoelM]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
OK, I am shutting this down. School fight threads are a direct violation of forum rules here.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga