FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 52 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
Galen 2
MattJ 2
Dobbersky 2
royal 2
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
General perspective on training
by Galen
Today at 04:05 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
I am not often inspired
by Galen
01/13/14 07:28 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
General perspective on training
by Galen
Today at 04:05 PM
I am not often inspired
by Galen
Today at 04:03 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
Today at 06:52 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35547 Topics
432379 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#239704 - 03/21/06 09:27 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
McSensei Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kent, England
DCM,
Go out, buy yourself a dictophone and record his threats.
(They aren't dear)
Then take the evidence of his behaviour and threats to the school authorities. The head teacher perhaps.
If he does nothing take it to the school governors them selves, along with a taped conversation you had with the head teacher showing that you have tried all the proper channels and still nothing is being done.
You could also introduce the threat of taking your situation and taped evidence to the local papers.
That should get some action.

I noticed that you are in Oxford, I expect to see you on 13th May at the get together.

Edited by McSensei (03/21/06 09:29 AM)

#239705 - 03/21/06 03:42 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: McSensei]
Dauragon c mikado Offline

Loc: Oxford, England
Normally that would be some good advice but the only problem is you can hardly understand a word hes saying, he has a deep pakistani accent, he has a serious stutter and on top of that he pourpously makes himself sound like a retard (thats a truthful meaning, not an insult).
It might be why he annoys me due to his low self-esteem, but I think rather than take his problem out on me he should seek a speach therapist (and a shrink, and a cosmetic surgeon).

Hes obviously just a total moron, he wont leave me alone even despite what Ive done so far, he just doesnt seem to get it, I am superior to him in almost every aspect (not meaning to be big headed, of course )

Maybe I just did'nt hurt him enough, maybe its a case of the more damage the more absence, but I really dont see why I should bother, what do you have to do in order to get complete and utter morons to leave you alone?

#239706 - 03/21/06 05:38 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: McSensei]
Derik Offline
Cruisin' for a bruisin'

Quote:

DCM,
Go out, buy yourself a dictophone and record his threats.
(They aren't dear)
Then take the evidence of his behaviour and threats to the school authorities. The head teacher perhaps.
If he does nothing take it to the school governors them selves, along with a taped conversation you had with the head teacher showing that you have tried all the proper channels and still nothing is being done.
You could also introduce the threat of taking your situation and taped evidence to the local papers.
That should get some action.

I noticed that you are in Oxford, I expect to see you on 13th May at the get together.

You cant record people without them knowing and press charges with it, or take it to court. It doesnt matter if somones saying i killed blah blah you cant even show it to anyone

and about him watch your surronding from now on, i wouldnt doubt it if he just sucker punches you in the back of the head. I would wait till he gets physical, and unless he does dont do anything but if he does do what you have to then write it down here in great detail

Edited by Derik (03/21/06 08:36 PM)

#239707 - 03/21/06 05:48 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Maybe I just did'nt hurt him enough, maybe its a case of the more damage the more absence, but I really dont see why I should bother, what do you have to do in order to get complete and utter morons to leave you alone?

there is no sure fire way. There was a guy in my school who i just didnt see eye to eye with- we rubbed one another up the wrong way. I used to get into it with him at least once per academic year, right the way through from 9 years old till i left school at 17. Sometimes fighting does no mean resolution, thats why so many people do not promote it on here- it simply is not an argument settler.

Most important at this stage is to inform your ex girlfriend of this threat. Maybe if her parents complain to the school, it will carry more weight than your complaints thus far? even if not, she can make provision to stay well clear of him.

Edited by Cord (03/21/06 05:50 PM)

#239708 - 03/21/06 05:49 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Derik]
Dauragon c mikado Offline

Loc: Oxford, England
I suspect that too, but i doubt hed try it, he doesnt seem the type, but people can surprise you.

#239709 - 03/21/06 06:37 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Derik]
McSensei Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kent, England
"You cant record people without them knowing and press charges with it or take it to court. It doesnt matter if somones saying i killed blah blah you cant even show it to anyone"

I'm not suggesting that he uses it in court. Or as a means of getting some legal action taken against the aggressor.
I'm just suggesting an idea to prove that what he is saying is the truth. After all, if you were a headmaster and someone brought you a recording of this kind of abusiveness, wouldn't you listen to it? I would. Sod the Human Rights Act. Besides that, I doubt if the guy is even aware of the law.
Also, DCM, you could get around the legal aspect by showing him the recorder and telling him that you are recording him.
If he still carries on then he will have waived his rights under law.

Is that better, Derik?

#239710 - 03/21/06 08:40 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: McSensei]
Derik Offline
Cruisin' for a bruisin'

Quote:

"You cant record people without them knowing and press charges with it or take it to court. It doesnt matter if somones saying i killed blah blah you cant even show it to anyone"

I'm not suggesting that he uses it in court. Or as a means of getting some legal action taken against the aggressor.
I'm just suggesting an idea to prove that what he is saying is the truth. After all, if you were a headmaster and someone brought you a recording of this kind of abusiveness, wouldn't you listen to it? I would. Sod the Human Rights Act. Besides that, I doubt if the guy is even aware of the law.
Also, DCM, you could get around the legal aspect by showing him the recorder and telling him that you are recording him.
If he still carries on then he will have waived his rights under law.

Is that better, Derik?

He has to give permission to you which he wouldnít do. thatís why if your getting interrogated by the police they tell you this is being recorded. If I was the dean unless I could tell 100% which I doubt you would be able to do it was him I wouldnít suspend him or anything like that. Kids do stupid stuff and you donít know if itís just one of the guys friends impersonating him. I would tell him if he does anything physical to your ex your going to drop him but other then that just ignore it heís scared of you now thatís why heís going for your ex.

#239711 - 03/21/06 08:56 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
I would suggest for no one to give legal advice unless you know the laws in Oxford,England.

Derik,
I also don't think threatening him because he threatened his ex is good advice either.

Dauragon,
The VTG attitude you are displaying now is getting tired,anything could happen,don't get cocky.
The only suggestion I have is to keep record of what is happening and always make sure an adult knows everytime he does something.
How is it that you are around this guy so much? why can he not be avoided.

WTH, I thought I would just slam everybody.

#239712 - 03/22/06 12:25 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: BrianS]
Derik Offline
Cruisin' for a bruisin'

Quote:

I would suggest for no one to give legal advice unless you know the laws in Oxford,England.

Derik,
I also don't think threatening him because he threatened his ex is good advice either.

Dauragon,
The VTG attitude you are displaying now is getting tired,anything could happen,don't get cocky.
The only suggestion I have is to keep record of what is happening and always make sure an adult knows everytime he does something.
How is it that you are around this guy so much? why can he not be avoided.

WTH, I thought I would just slam everybody.

http://www.bkbih.org/kta/JUSTICE%20AND%20PEACE/02.htm
just as i suspected

#239713 - 03/22/06 02:26 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
theoldone Offline

Here are some thoughts you might want to consider. Bear in mind I have no actual, first-hand information of the situation, the offender nor you, so all these are just suggestions.

First, follow all the precauionary steps as outlined on this thread (and as dictated by common sense).

Second, it's time to try something else. You've ignored him, and you've "handled" him. Both didn't work. It's time to "sell" him.

Become a "pesky salesman" of the martial arts. Sincerely try to "sell" him on joining a dojo or program. Everytime you see him, sell, sell, sell. He gives you and elbow, block it and go, "Great elbow". Let it sink in. He'll probably be a bit uncomfortable about it. Not used to getting compliments and all that. Then continue with,"Hey, ever thought of joining a...? You'd be great. Doesn't cost much. Just blah, blah, blah"

He pushes you, sell him. He knocks against you, sell him. "Pursue" him. Even if he doesn't do anything, when you see him, try to recruit him. The idea is to be like the pesky little brother who won't stop bugging his big brother.

Do it sincerely, without sarcasm or anything that could be construed as a retort. Just keep on selling. Heh...think of it as Talk Kwondo

Or...

You could try something else.

Everytime he gives you a "technique" to work with (elbow, punch, shove, etc) and you've been able to counter it sucessfully (and there's no threat of immediate danger), do this:

Ease up slowly (no sudden moves) with a slight smile and nod of "approval", quietly slip out of the line of fire, let your guard down, approval smile still on, give him a little pat on the shoulder (sort of silently saying, "Good job") and another slight nod of approval. Then just walk away immediately without saying anything.

Think Mr. Miyagi prasing Daniel without words and you'll get the general idea.

Anyway, these are just my suggestions. Only you know what's appropriate or not, and what might and might not work. These two suggestions are now your new kata. Might need some practice (visualization). Practice or not, your choice.

Good luck.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga