FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 5
Dobbersky 5
Ed_Morris 4
ergees 3
futsaowingchun 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#239684 - 03/19/06 06:11 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Cord]
Dauragon c mikado Offline

Loc: Oxford, England
All my biologiacl parents did was bust my chops, and i hate my foster parents.

#239685 - 03/19/06 07:46 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Sorin Offline

Loc: Oxford, MS
Maybe your foster parents are less then helpful. I don't know since I'm not in your situation. There must be someone at your school that will listen to you. I find it hard to believe that the entire teaching and administrative staff of the school or completely ignoring a complaint from a student.

Even if the teachers can't or won't do anything, I don't think fighting will solve any of your problems. Beating him up or humilating him will not humble him. It will not make him leave you alone. If anything it might just intensify the situation and make matters worse. You have posted enough on this board to know that no one here is going to say "yeah kick the crap out of him!!". From what you said, you've already bested him physically and mentally. Don't think that you coming out on top in a little scuffle will help you any. If you don't get suspended from school, he will just come back at you with some more people and no matter how confident you are that you can beat him, numbers will generally overwhelm anyone's confidence. Fighting should only be used if he's trying to harm you physically. Words don't leave bruises or cuts. They can be annoying but they can also be ignored.

The best thing to do is to just to avoid and ignore him. In class, don't sit near him. Try not to retort to his taunts, since it's what he wants. After a little while, he'll grow bored because he's not causing any effect. No one says doing this is going to fun or easy at first, but I think he will get frustrated if he gets no response from you. This is one of those cases where it will take a lot more strength to do nothing, then it will to actually throw a punch.

Sorin

#239686 - 03/19/06 10:43 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Derik Offline
Cruisin' for a bruisin'

Quote:

A couple of days ago he tried to punch me, I just parried it and threw a flurry of punches that STOPPED JUST AT HIS FACE

i see your problem here..

#239687 - 03/19/06 10:47 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Derik]
Dauragon c mikado Offline

Loc: Oxford, England
On purpous silly

#239688 - 03/19/06 10:49 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Derik Offline
Cruisin' for a bruisin'

Quote:

On purpous silly

maby you shouldnt have stopped is what i was saying if teachers are around and he throws a punch at you lay him out but dont like break his nose or somthing that would leave visible damage or youll get caught just reap his legs then give him a nice hammerfist to the sternum or somthing

#239689 - 03/19/06 11:32 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Derik]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Don't take advice from other kids.

There's nothing to fight about here.

Sorin has given some excellent advice,go with it.

#239690 - 03/19/06 11:37 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: BrianS]
Derik Offline
Cruisin' for a bruisin'

brian im not trying to be a punk little kid who uses martial arts to bully other people but somtimes in highschool its better just to fight the kid then to go and tell a teacher or your parents and get labeld as a little baby who tells on people. If you fight this kid in a public place and really make it look good then no one will mess with you anymore where as if you told you would be teased on a daily basis. also if you do that you might humble him a bit because he would be so embarressed and scared of you. Just dont do it if your not possitive you can take him out because it sucks losing in a school fight because everyone knows.

#239691 - 03/19/06 11:56 PM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Derik]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Quote:

brian im not trying to be a punk little kid who uses martial arts to bully other people but somtimes in highschool its better just to fight the kid then to go and tell a teacher or your parents and get labeld as a little baby who tells on people. If you fight this kid in a public place and really make it look good then no one will mess with you anymore where as if you told you would be teased on a daily basis. also if you do that you might humble him a bit because he would be so embarressed and scared of you. Just dont do it if your not possitive you can take him out because it sucks losing in a school fight because everyone knows.

I'm not holier than thou Derik,it wasn't too long ago I was in highschool(or was it?).

I had some tough times in highschool too and I understand that your reputation is important.

Once a guy tried to fight me in school over something stupid and I just stood there and took the insults as my 'friends' looked on. He even pushed me and I did nothing. The guy was smaller than me and I was sure that I could beat him easily,but instead I walked away. For the next few weeks I endured the 'looks' and insults from other people,who weren't really my friends. People want to be entertained at others expense. At the time I felt stupid and I even thought about settling things,but I didn't. Looking back now I'm glad of the decision I made now and I'm not so proud of the times I fought when there was other ways of handling things.
So,you have two choices. One is easy,go ahead and be the big man and 'beat the crap' out of the 'fat retard' or two,be mature and realize that it's not worth it and the opinions of the other kids in school do not matter. You only see one face when you look in the mirror.

Do you train hard just so you can save face at school against annoying people or for real self defense? Violence is easy,the right way isn't. Which will you choose? Will you do what all the other people in school are pressuring you to do or take your own path?

#239692 - 03/20/06 12:06 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: BrianS]
Derik Offline
Cruisin' for a bruisin'

getting pushed and getting punched or elbowed in the ribs are very differnt. just last week some kid wanted to fight me for no reason on the way to 6th hour. he gets up in my face and pushes me and i just stand there while he is insulting me and i did the same thing you did. But if he where to punch me or invade my personal space again i would do whatever i had to. I gave him one freebie but if he does it again ill do what i have to. I dont want to have to fear or dread going to school because some kid wants to start stuff with me because i ask him to give somthing back to me that he stole from me

#239693 - 03/20/06 12:11 AM Re: Might get into a fight [Re: Derik]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Do what you have to do. I'm just letting you know that you are the only one that has to live with the decision,not any of us here,not the others in your school,just you.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga