FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
Dobbersky 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
SoulJah22 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#239052 - 03/31/06 10:24 AM Re: answers to questions: why so harsh? [Re: laf7773]
gregc618 Offline

Loc: Illinois, USA
I'm going to skip all this nonsense that you seem willing to post, and just leave you with this. This is a help forum (well I hope it is) and not your personal toy to play insultive persona with (At least I hope someone makes u see that soon). It is far easier to help someone than to try and be their enemy. We all study MA, but alas there seems to be some that only learn the pyhsical side, and nothing about how to change the inner-self. I mean that is what MA is really about, anyone can break a board, brick or some tiles. I would hope that one day your Master get through to you that is about how you treat people that gains you respec, and not hitting people in the back of the head with a Bo staff that makes people respect you simply because you've attacked them.

If you're looking to trade insults, and not help then you've come to the right place. Private msg me and we can get start with me knocking you for trying to be a smart A, simply because you believe you have a free pass to be a pain in the butt!

So far I've seen nothing from you but attitude (which is fine I can certainly adjust that for you), but you seem to get in the way of alot a good meaning adminstrators and people that take the time to try and help. You also seem to spend an abundant ammount of time co-signing for admins here, which leaves me to beleive you're looking to get a slot here as one. From what you shown thus far.. Lord help us all if they allow you admin privis here!!! I'm starting to wonder if you've got someone's hand up your back working your hands and mouth, or if I'm out of place for saying this to you because you're just a child that doesnt know any better.

In any event dont bother to reply back here, if you want to clown then lets do it in private I function well with no audience looking on to see what is said, unlike what you seem to have a need for!

So anytime you're ready you know where to find me, since this is my last response about this in the open to you.

Quote:

So why should anyone bend over backwards for them?

You seem smart!.. Well maybe I was wrong after all you did ask the above question. Tell me that you're only kidding plz.

Quote:

Perhaps if they read the first thread in this, and most sections, that very plainly reads " ALL PLEASE READ **AGAIN** ". It would be number 3 in that thread.

Let me guess you practice very hard at being snide!.. It doesnt become you at all. Under that ugly layer you keep tossin out is a really nice guy. I just know there is!.. Hopefully, because you just cant be that obnoxious in real life. You cant make me beleive that you actually think what you've posted is productive conversation. I only wonder what picture post like yours tend to leave the NEWBIES with (You know us lazy users that you keep refering to)

Quote:

You’re not on another forum. You’re on a martial arts forum and most of us feel the same way about the use of this forum as we do about training. If you’re to lazy to do a little work why should be do it for you?
Quote:

I mean we assume that everyone is literate enough to know how this the forum software functions as soon as they log on here. That is certainly not the cause for most of us. Mostly we just grope around until we get the hang of using forums like this.

I take it back!.. You sounding more like a brat with each line. Suggestion, why are you trying so hard to get in a fight with people that really dont want to fight with you? Is this some kind of power thing that you're on? Or is it just that you dont know how to be cordial to people.. I'm going to say this again. You have no fight here unless you'd care to privitize it.

You know the place if you want some ... hit me up! I really didnt come here for this EGO tripping personality thing that some like to display!

You have a nice day!!!

#239053 - 03/31/06 10:42 AM Re: answers to questions: why so harsh? [Re: gregc618]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
Greg, personal insults are not allowed on this site. If you have a problem with Lane(laf7773), then, as you say so many times, take it to pm or email. You will not be allowed to spew any more of your drivel here.

For your information, Lane was a moderator here and did a great job. He stepped down due to personal reasons and still contributes to the site.

#239054 - 03/31/06 11:00 AM Re: answers to questions: why so harsh? [Re: Reiki]
gregc618 Offline

Quote:

Many people joining a new forum usually take time to browse the old posts to get a feel for the place and to see if there has been a discussion prior to their topic before they post.

Some of us have the time to set for extended amounts of time to learn how a board functions in a day or two, but I would imagine there are more like me who have schedules that dont allow for setting to go through to see what functions are built into this software. Instead we learn as we go. I would think that would be the majority here. I could be wrong though!

Quote:

Or they launch into an attack on the moderator of the forum because they wont tell them how to <and please forgive this example!> "PLZ TEL ME WHR 2FND MKG KI BALL?" and then get irate when the mod locks the topic or some of the old timers step in and ask them to stop speaking in txtspk etc.

I would agree that beating up the moderator for no reason is not fair at all.

Quote:

Would you do this in your own dojo? With what respect to you approach your instructor or dojo leader?

I'm afraid so! You have to uderstand that in our Do Jang Master Song constantly ask on a daily basis if we have any questions. There is not one assistant instructor that anyone cant go to and ask virtually any question. It doesnt matter how many times he has/she has answered before, they dont care about how dumb we might think we sound if we ask.

They tell us that they have not done their jobs correctly if we are walking away with unanswered questions. Maybe (not trying to offend anyone here b4 I get jumped) Dojos do it differently? I take it from your text above that in a Dojo it might not be wise to ask too many questions?

Quote:

We are all here because of a common interest in the martial arts. Some of us give up spare time we dont really have to moderate here because we want to keep the site growing.

Hats off to those of you that choose to take a big part of your days to admin this forum. It more than a job to do what you guys do here for any 50 people let alone the few of you that actually care enough to do what it is you do here.

Quote:

So enough with the whinging!

If I might ask! Why is what was asked considered whining? Is this not a place to ask questions when you dont have the answers?

Thank you very much

Edited by gregc618 (03/31/06 11:09 AM)

#239055 - 03/31/06 11:21 AM Re: answers to questions: why so harsh? [Re: gregc618]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
Moderators moderate. Some are moderate...but not all. The more experienced ones have the ability to answer specific questions from personal knowledge...but that doesn't mean they have to.

The need to keep balance and perspective is a challenge for everyone...not just stressed out volunteers.

#239056 - 03/31/06 11:35 AM Re: answers to questions: why so harsh? [Re: gregc618]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

Lane is a respected and longtime member here.....who are you?

Real name? fill out your profile? MA background? introduce yourself? maybe mention how those TKD shoes are working out for you....

#239057 - 03/31/06 02:30 PM Re: answers to questions: why so harsh? [Re: gregc618]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

I believe that Reiki's quote of
Quote:

Would you do this in your own dojo? With what respect to you approach your instructor or dojo leader?

Is suppose to apply to
Quote:

then get irate when the mod locks the topic or some of the old timers step in and ask them to stop speaking in txtspk etc.

Not the actual task of asking a question, but of getting irate at the mods/instructors.

Maybe a rephrase is in order.

Do you go to your instructor and say:
"Yo, homie, wazzup with that funky shizznit you pulled back dere in dat class? Wazzat s'pose ta mean? Feed me da down low on dat, a'ight!"

I think not. And if you did, I doubt your instructor would be very generous in helping you out.

#239058 - 03/31/06 03:31 PM Re: answers to questions: why so harsh? [Re: harlan]
gregc618 Offline

Quote:

Moderators moderate. Some are moderate...but not all. The more experienced ones have the ability to answer specific questions from personal knowledge...but that doesn't mean they have to.

The need to keep balance and perspective is a challenge for everyone...not just stressed out volunteers.

I agree, that is why I'm trying not to fall off this log while I'm standing on one leg!!!

Thanks for replying

#239059 - 03/31/06 03:41 PM Re: answers to questions: why so harsh? [Re: Ed_Morris]
gregc618 Offline

Quote:

Lane is a respected and longtime member here.....who are you?

Respect is earned not a given, so I guess we all haven't gotten that far yet.

I am who I am!!!... Just as any of us are, I'm just another set of numbers (IP) logged onto a server. That is all we ever are for ther most part. Also remember, out here on the net you can be anyone you want to be.

Quote:

Real name? fill out your profile? MA background? introduce yourself? maybe mention how those TKD shoes are working out for you....

You're looking at my real name.. Did you think I made Greg up?.hahaha! The C denotes my last name, and 618 is where I am located. That is probably a lot more info by just reading my name then most include when they sign in or write a post.

I didn't want to fill out a profile, and if you have read anything written my me you already know its TKD/Chang Hon style under the WFMA banner.

I also have an interest in Han Kuk Mu Ki Do/Jang tan-do (which by the way noone seems to practice here thus far).

Ohh well someone will show up sooner or later.

BTW, that was (2) two pairs of shoes!!...lol

Take Care!!

Edited by gregc618 (03/31/06 03:53 PM)

#239060 - 03/31/06 03:46 PM Re: answers to questions: why so harsh? [Re: JoelM]
gregc618 Offline

Quote:

Maybe a rephrase is in order.

Do you go to your instructor and say:
"Yo, homie, wazzup with that funky shizznit you pulled back dere in dat class? Wazzat s'pose ta mean? Feed me da down low on dat, a'ight!"

I think not. And if you did, I doubt your instructor would be very generous in helping you out.

You already know he'd slap me silly for trying to pull that one off...hahahaha!!

And shouldnt that have been?... Yo, sup Daaaaaawwg?

Wazzup with that funky shizznit you pulled back dere in dat class? Wazzat s'pose ta mean? Feed me da down low on dat, a'ight!!

Edited by gregc618 (03/31/06 03:47 PM)

#239061 - 03/31/06 03:51 PM Re: answers to questions: why so harsh? [Re: gregc618]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Not exactly sure what you accomplished by writing the same thing that I did, but ok...

Now you know what Reiki was talking about. She wasn't opposed to asking questions at a dojo or on here, but at reacting badly when you don't get the answer that you want.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga