FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 66 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
Dobbersky 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
SoulJah22 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#238178 - 03/13/06 08:45 PM Re: protein shakes without milk [Re: Dereck]
Borrek Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Quote:

Quote:

Cord -

I did not know that testosterone peaks had any corellation with acne. Is it the same thing for girls?

I was under the impression that most steroid using bodybuilers got acne because of the oil base used in many injectable steroids.

High levels of testosterone can also have an effect. I do break out from time to time on my back and taking steroids is a no-no for me. Another thing that high levels of testosterone can effect is hair loss. The higher levels of testosterone the less hair. This is another reason why many steroid users start to bald. Man, the testoterone running through my system must be running rampant. I should bottle this stuff. My wife would be more then happy to have me give some away.

you too? lol We are gods among men then! Perhaps the new evolution evolution of thickly muscled adonises. High hairlines are the new black!

...now just to get me some thick muscles...

oh yeah and to keep things on topic. I used to think I was lactose intolerant so I used water instead of milk in my protein shakes. The taste is worse so i would mix it with as little water as possible and shoot it like liquor. For some odd reason my gaseous reactions to milk stopped when I started drinking lots of if. Now I like the added 20g of protein from 16oz of skim milk in my shake. 2 scoops plus 16 ounces puts me at around 600 calories and 64 grams of protein.

Edited by Borrek (03/13/06 08:48 PM)

#238179 - 03/13/06 10:21 PM Re: protein shakes without milk [Re: Diabolic]
Alex89 Offline

Loc: Montreal,Quebec,Canada
I tried proactive, but it doesnt do anything for me. But i'm going ot get laser treatment.

#238180 - 03/13/06 11:42 PM Re: protein shakes without milk [Re: Alex89]
Diabolic Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Laser treatment? OMG Cord is going to have a field day about that. He will talk about the evolution of man and how man is slowly becoming women because we are becoming more feminine every decade. Pretty soon, well all be women in his eyes. No gloves, no straps, chews glass, armwrestles, and saves babies from burning buildings. Thats our Cord!

#238181 - 03/14/06 12:42 AM Re: protein shakes without milk [Re: Alex89]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Quote:

I tried proactive, but it doesnt do anything for me. But i'm going ot get laser treatment.

I went on Acutane. It was pretty harsh stuff and had to have my kidneys tested every month plus my blood checked. It got worse before it got good with dry crackling bleeding skin, bloody noses and dry eyes. Then it cleared up and it has been 15 years and no acne. I was on it 3 months only and it was a $100 per month ... though my company health plan covered it all. Was well worth it for myself.

#238182 - 03/14/06 04:06 AM Re: protein shakes without milk [Re: MattJ]
tuxette Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:

did not know that testosterone peaks had any corellation with acne. Is it the same thing for girls?

Perhaps. A lot of girls/women take birth control pills to keep their skin clear (in addition to or in lieu of the prevention effects). The pill decreases testosterone levels. Though it seems like girls/women are more likely to get acne problems right before menstruation, when testosterone levels fall, and not mid-cycle when testosterone levels peak.

I'd look into this more if I were actually affected, but I'm not. (no pills, drink tons of milk) :-)

#238183 - 03/14/06 04:07 AM Re: protein shakes without milk [Re: Diabolic]
tuxette Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:

He will talk about the evolution of man and how man is slowly becoming women because we are becoming more feminine every decade.

That's because of all the hormones in the food and cosmetics supply. Scary stuff :-/

#238184 - 03/14/06 05:02 AM Re: protein shakes without milk [Re: tuxette]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
acne is a nightmare. I suffered badly in my teens, and still get the odd big zit now at 31 years old . My face was always clear, but my back and chest were like the surface of mars. i didnt go swimming from the age of 12 to 17 because of it. i was given acne treatments by my doctor (acutane and erythromycin if I remember correctly), but cant say that it helped much. I didnt help things by being a 'squeezer' who is also prone to keloid scarring.

I did find switching to a completely natural, unfragranced hypoallergenic soap helped some, as did combining that with gentle exfoliation (using a back scrubber/loofer)

Long and short of it was that i just had to tough it out till my body calmed down and let me off the hook, then when I was left with just scars, I got myself covered in tattoos so you cant see em (I would have got the tats anyway, but its how I justified to my mum )

If you suffer from adult acne, then your doc should test your hormone levels for imbalances, and then treat accordingly.

#238185 - 03/14/06 09:21 AM Re: protein shakes without milk [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Quote:

i was given acne treatments by my doctor (acutane and erythromycin if I remember correctly)

I was given both by my GP and had no effect but found out I was allergic to the Erythromycin. It wasn't until I went to a Dermitlogist that when we tried the Acutane again but double the dosage that it worked.

I feel for any individual that has to go through acne in any stage of their life.

#238186 - 03/17/06 12:00 PM Re: protein shakes without milk [Re: Alex89]
White_Fox Offline

Have you tried just using soy milk to replace cow's milk? or maybe goats milk. They are both still sources of protein.

#238187 - 09/07/06 11:21 PM Re: protein shakes without milk [Re: Alex89]
vegantkd Offline

I make my shakes with soymilk. Actually it adds to the protein content as well.
And yes, cow milk is related in some way to acne. I believe it was the book "Milk: The Deadly Poison" that gives a good scientific argument against cow's milk.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga