FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Troy7785, wakita, swisztony, Tonybb, shelly1993
22920 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 3
Matakiant 3
AndyLA 3
Bartfast 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Eugue Ryu
by
03/27/07 12:06 AM
Recent Posts
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Victor Smith
09/28/14 07:11 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
Forum Stats
22920 Members
36 Forums
35579 Topics
432500 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#235355 - 02/20/07 03:19 AM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: Fisherman]
Lubomir123 Offline
Stranger

Because the rush is overwhelming and its stronger than me.Anyway i have decided to see a doctor about this .

#235356 - 02/20/07 07:23 AM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: Lubomir123]
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado, USA
Sounds like that might be a wise choice.
I think that people tend to let things get out of control for to long and eventually things do get beyond control and they have to seek help.
Like I said in my previous post, if you see a situation arise where you think your adrenaline is going to get cranked up, avoid it all together.

#235357 - 06/02/07 04:04 PM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: maxx]
ADragon Offline
Stranger

Why would you want to get rid of and adrenaline rush. When you have one it increases your physical abilities and it also causes you to be more aware but slightly reckless.

#235358 - 05/15/08 03:14 AM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: ADragon]
adren Offline
Stranger

i understand lubo, same thing happens to me. i got like this beat up dog syndrom used to fight alot when i was young and lost alot of them. made me stronger in a way and have since been studying MMA. this i think has a little to do with it losing fights is a hard thing to cope with for me and for alot of ppl. but a few of the small things that get my adrenaline going that doesnt make sence is my phone..sounds retarded but whatever your not perfect either, when the phone rings my heart jumps in my chest its really intense and its for no reason. and who could it be comes into my head, see i was in the army and had some of the WORST NCO's a soldier could have and they didnt do a damn thing except make me do their job and mine and so when ever i found peace even for a min the cell phone would ring and i knew it would be one of them and about 99% of the time it was and now that im out of the army i still suffer from it. phone rings and i think of them lol like a modern day cinderella or sumtin it really was that bad. far as coping with the rush ...i know its good and all but my leg will start to shake and its horrible BUT if u want to know the best way to harness this. its to be in shape able to run 2 miles confident in your ability to have endurance and know that you do have skills in combat and that will no longer bust your heart but instead put you on charge and i'm telling you its like day and night...so confidence (knowledge of how to defend yourself) and your endurance (knowing that after 30sec of fighting you wont be gased and a simple half-assed guilitine choke wont take u outta the game). excersise hard build these things and practice mma or atleast spar with a friend get used to punchs coming at you and this will control the rush more than any breathing will cause honestly if another man is across from me talking and acting dangerous to my health i dont stand there and do a breathing excersise. remember nothing about self-control is easy or happens over night it needs to be built with time and hard work

Edited by adren (05/15/08 03:23 AM)

#235359 - 05/15/08 06:16 PM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: Fisherman]
puffadder Offline

Loc: UK
Back to the original quesion of using breathing:
Firstly breathe as much as possible through the nose. This helps prevent hyperventilation. It takes a bit of practice but eventually you can maintain the same level of exertion with nose breathing as you previously could through the mouth.
Second, try to breathe down into the abdomen, this opens up the stomach area and helps maintain a relaxed but alert state. It also slows down the breathing rate and enables a greater exchange of oxygen/CO2 with each breath which helps maintain strength so you don't run out of oxygen in the middle of a technique. Opening the abdomen also connects the upper and lower body so helps prevent shaking knees and the 'frozen to the spot' scenario.

There are many other points and benefits but this is a quick post not an article.
All this is taught in most qigong or taiji classes but I find is often overlooked in many martial arts.

#235360 - 08/14/08 12:27 PM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: maxx]
tomoya Offline
Stranger

you dumb people adrenaline is energy that you borrow from your self so if you get adrenaline you lose energy after or you get tired after or while in a fight so if some one uses adrenaline or 5 min 50 times a day they will die at a quite a young age so if you use adrenaline use it and then go to sleep or get some rest. i can control my adrenaline so i know this i have been able to use this since i was 6 years old

#235361 - 08/15/08 02:25 AM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: tomoya]
TheCrab Offline
Scum

Loc: QLD Australia
Quote:

you dumb people adrenaline is energy that you borrow from your self so if you get adrenaline you lose energy after or you get tired after or while in a fight so if some one uses adrenaline or 5 min 50 times a day they will die at a quite a young age so if you use adrenaline use it and then go to sleep or get some rest. i can control my adrenaline so i know this i have been able to use this since i was 6 years old

ROFL

#235362 - 09/06/08 12:42 AM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: maxx]
quinntheman Offline
Stranger

maxx i am the same i dont know how i do it but i do it haha. i am 15 years old n a skateboarder so i have unconciously taught myself how to trigger my adrenaline like turn it on and off i noticed when im thinking of trying something like a dangerous trick or thinking of my anger i feel a chill down my spine and my body feels colder. then after that i have a numb sence of pain and my emotions are aside. this is sweet for fighting and skateboarding but the best thing to do is dont keep your mind just on the fight but also on breathing because if you cant control breathing you cant control who wins the fight.

#235363 - 09/06/08 04:58 PM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: quinntheman]
duanew Offline

Loc: MN
It's amazing how many teenagers have the ability to "turn on and off their adrenaline"-must be the hormones.
Why do I want to control the adrenaline? Well here are a couple of reasons:
1. The heart rate is an indictor of stress level as the heart rate increases from stress chemicals certain physical, mental and perceptual changes can occur.
Beats per Minute
115-Reduction in the ability to perform fine motor skills
145-Reduction of the ability to perform complex motor skills-like joint locks and take downs
170-Tunnel vision, auditory exclusion, things going into slow motion start to occur-gross motor skills get stronger
above 170 you get a shift from the forebrain where all your logic and learning is stored to the mid-brain what some refer to as the survival brain, mammallian brain, reptilian brain etc. Your ability to cognitively process falls through the floor. You can have a complete mental melt down-fight, flight or freeze.
By controlling the breathing as already suggested-inhale through the nose using the abdomen for a slow 4 count
-hold for 4
-exhale through the mouth for 4
-hold for 4
-repeat 4 times
This reduces the heart beat and attempts to keep you perceptually unimpaired, cognitivley processing the situation, at your peak heart rate range 140bpm for physical performance.
The technique is taught to the military, police, etc. and in numerous studies has shown to be benefitial.

#235364 - 09/07/08 07:42 AM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: duanew]
duanew Offline

Loc: MN
PS if you truly have the ability to control your adrenaline here's a test-
When I say GO make your heart rate exceed 200 beats per minute by releasing your adrenaline, make sure you go to the bathroom first or you may void your bladder and bowels.Immediatley relax afterwards-but get ready for the nausea and/or vomiting, symptoms of shock (dizziness, pale, clammy skin) and/or profound exhaustion.
Ready>>>>>>>>GO...guess you really don't "control" your adrenaline, huh.

Dumb Duane

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, WhiteDragon11 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga