FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 57 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
Dobbersky 2
royal 2
cxt 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
Today at 06:52 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432377 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#235345 - 10/09/06 11:54 AM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: Trejo539]
eyrie Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: QLD, Australia
Breathe in.... count to 5... hold for 5... breath out... count to 5.....rinse and repeat.

Is it emotion or fear? The adrenaline dump is usually triggered by a fight or flight response. F.E.A.R is a False Expectation Appearing Real. Death is an inevitability. Accept it and move on.

Breathe in... hold... breathe out.... while you can....

#235346 - 10/09/06 08:02 PM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: eyrie]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
It depends on how you want to control the adrenaline. Everyone speaks of slowing or stopping it. I say you should strive to harness its power, and control it. Before I spar, I think about situations I have been in before that got my adrenaline pumping. Many times this will bring on a adrenal dump. By doing so, after time I have become accustomed to it and it does not affect me negatively.

#235347 - 10/09/06 11:35 PM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: Chen Zen]
eyrie Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: QLD, Australia
There's a term for that... adrenaline junkie...

Sure, if you enjoy the temporary heightened arousal, increased pulse rate and blood flow, increased physical performance, followed by the endorphin high.... BUT....

Adrenaline (aka Epinephrine) also has the following adverse effects...

Quote:

Epinephrine plays a central role in the short-term stress reaction—the physiological response to threatening, exciting or environmental stressor conditions such as high noise levels or bright light (see Fight-or-flight response), It also reacts to stress induced anger. It is secreted by the adrenal medulla. When released into the bloodstream, epinephrine binds to multiple receptors and has numerous effects throughout the body.

It increases heart rate and stroke volume, dilates the pupils, and constricts arterioles in the skin and gut while dilating arterioles in leg muscles. It elevates the blood sugar level by increasing hydrolysis of glycogen to glucose in the liver, and at the same time begins the breakdown of lipids in adipocytes. Epinephrine has a suppressive effect on the immune system.

Epinephrine is used as a drug to promote peripheral vascular resistance via alpha-stimulated vasoconstriction in cardiac arrest and other cardiac dysrhythmias resulting in diminished or absent cardiac output, such that blood is shunted to the body's core. This beneficial action comes with a significant negative consequence—increased cardiac irritability—which may lead to additional complications immediately following an otherwise successful resuscitation....

... Adverse reactions to epinephrine include palpitations, tachycardia, anxiety, headache, tremor, hypertension, and acute pulmonary edema.

Source: wikipedia

One of the side effects of this hormone and neurotransmitter is the "shakes". Your body is literally fighting itself to deal with the effects of the neurotransmitter. Why? Isn't dealing with someone trying to take your head off enough to deal with?

Well, slowing down the release of epinephrine (the correct name) IS "controlling" it. I don't think you can entirely prevent it. But you can certainly regulate it, so it doesn't flood your system at a time when your body doesn't need to deal with the added stress.

Not allowing yourself to get stressed is a good start... that's why they say to breathe in and count to 10 before you "chuck a wobbly".

#235348 - 10/10/06 12:40 AM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: eyrie]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
So being an action junkie can lead to my death even if it isnt the action that kills me?

#235349 - 12/30/06 10:17 PM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: Chen Zen]
Snipe Offline

Why would you wnant to stop your Adreniline thats my favorite thing in a fight. Trust me without your Adreniline everytime you got punched it would probaly hurt twice as much. Just learn to maximize your Adreniline, but control your movement.

#235350 - 12/31/06 09:27 AM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: Snipe]
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado, USA
It has been brought up in this topic, but I don't think the importance of keeping a 'cool head' has been emphasized enough. Maintaining a level of grounded emotions and not letting yourself 'rage' IMO is one of the reasons we train in MA's. Learning to exercise control even in a situation in which you receive an adrenal dump and you know you are going to fight will most likely put you in a more advantageous position than simply going into an uncontrolled rage. You are more prone to make bad decisions if you are not in control of your emotions.

It is absolutely neccesary to train while dealing with a adrenaline dump. For example; often when sparring with my teachers I will feel the adrenaline dump hit me. I have learned over time that if I let it get the better of me then I will get thrashed even worse than if I had kept my cool. Reason being, their skill outweighs mine considerably. I have to remain clever and skillful if I am going to at least defend myself and for that I need to have mental clarity.
Granted, it is a lot easier to let that can of whoopass blow wide open, but then it is all gone. It is better to open that can just a little and pour it where you want it to go.

#235351 - 02/19/07 04:00 PM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: Fisherman]
Lubomir123 Offline
Stranger

Hello everyone, i need advice about controlling the adrenaline rush. I get frustrated very very easily and from very small things(which gets me in a lot of conflict situations) and my adrinaline rush is really bad. It happens mainly in street conflicts or fights, my heart starts pumping very fast, all of my muscles get stiffed and my vision gets blurred most of the times i just cant do anithing. I am thinking of seeking proffesional help but first i wanted to know if some of u can help me.

Please respond and sorry for my bad english.

#235352 - 02/19/07 05:14 PM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: Lubomir123]
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Maybe you could start by not putting yourself in a situation where you are going to be getting into conflict all the time?
If you find yourself getting freaked out by something minimal, acknowledge it and keep yourself in check.

#235353 - 02/19/07 05:28 PM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: Fisherman]
Lubomir123 Offline
Stranger

I know that not putting myself in that kind of situations is the best thing to do, but that is another problem. So any suggestions on the adrenaline rush or does some of u experienced something like this.I know i have to calm myself down but i cant controll it.

#235354 - 02/19/07 06:25 PM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: Lubomir123]
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Quote:

I know i have to calm myself down but i cant controll it.

Why?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, WhiteDragon11 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga