FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
LeroyCFischer 1
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#235335 - 03/01/06 11:57 AM how do u control the adrenaline rush using breath
Trejo539 Offline

i want to know how to control the adrenaline rush before a fight, using breathing techniques?

#235336 - 03/03/06 06:33 AM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using breath [Re: Trejo539]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Quote:

i want to know how to control the adrenaline rush before a fight, using breathing techniques?

#235337 - 03/07/06 11:14 PM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: Trejo539]
1neikoot Offline

Loc: Candy Land
Right before a fight, you inhale a large amount of air, you hold it in till the fight is done. This is one preferred method to defeating your "adrenaline rush"

#235338 - 03/22/06 11:05 PM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using breath [Re: Trejo539]
Mark_Jakabcsin Offline

Loc: Fort Mill, South Carolina
There are no guarantees that you can control an adrenaline dump, sometimes it will simply get the best of you. However, if you learn to control your breathing and match your breathing to your motion you will have the best chance to control the adrenaline dump. By this I mean the intensity of your breathing should automatically match the intensity of your work. If you are working hard your breathing should automatically be intense from the first second the work becomes hard. Often our breathing lags behind and we end up in an oxygen difficeny state which makes everything more difficult. Example: You start to run but don't change your breathing until your oxygen level has dropped dramatically in the blood. Now you start to breathe harder and deeper but your cells are already starved and behind the power curve. Therefore learning to match your breathing with your motion is a big help, that way you automatically adjust your breathing to match the work at the beginning.

The best way to practices this is to do it 24/7 in everything you do. When you get up from a chair make sure your breathing, don't hold your breath. When you are walking match your inhales and exhales with your step. One step, inhale, one step exhale, etc. Or two steps inhale, two steps exhale. Vary it and learn. Learn to coordinate your breathing with every motion you make.

Also remember when doing heavy work or during an intense situation inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth. Keep the body as relaxed as possible. It can help to visualize breathing through the body, i.e. inhale from the feet to the head, exhale from the head to the feet. This helps to keep the body relaxed.

There is much more but that will get you started.

Take care,

Mark J.

Mark J.

www.charlotte-systema.com

#235339 - 03/26/06 08:30 AM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using breath [Re: Mark_Jakabcsin]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
I agree with Mark for the most part. When I had trouble with this, my sensei told me "just keep your breathing ahead of your activity" and that worked fine. It makes it work during "endurance" drills and in tournament fights as well.

Breathing is a 24/7 operation, and it will control the adrenaline rush if you learn to bring it up to the level of the activity you're engaging in. Your body will "learn" that you don't need the adrenaline to do your activity if you have your breathing right ahead of schedule. I don't think you can train to overcome the emotional side of it, if that's what's causing it, but you can try to sink those feelings into your subconscious and visualize how you're going to fight, rather than getting hyped up to go into the ring.

#235340 - 03/26/06 10:17 AM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using breath [Re: wristtwister]
Mark_Jakabcsin Offline

If I might make a book suggestion that is somewhat related. 'Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies and Why' by Laurence Gonzales. This is an excellent book about people that live or die in extreme situations. Early in the book he goes into a good deal of medical detail concerning adrenaline and other chemicals in the body. One of the biggest affects for survival is the ability for a person to see the world the way it really is, not they way they wish it to be. This means the individual must be totally honest and totally accepting of the situation, which is not easy. Gonzales gives a number of fascinating case studies to illustrate this point. If you a chance pick up a copy.

Take care,

Mark J.

Mark J.

#235341 - 03/26/06 01:51 PM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using breath [Re: Mark_Jakabcsin]
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
Learning to control our emotions is a lifetime of work. It's easy to say and have definitions about how to do it, it's a little more difficult to actually put into practice... otherwise, they wouldn't be emotions.

#235342 - 03/27/06 05:14 PM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using breath [Re: wristtwister]
Mark_Jakabcsin Offline

There is an interesting article that just came out on the RMA March Newsletter that relates to the topic at hand. I thought you guys might find it interesting. Rather than reprint the article you can check it out at the following address:

http://www.russianmartialart.com/main.php?page=newsletter

Take care and enjoy,

Mark J.

Mark J.

#235343 - 05/14/06 03:39 PM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using breath [Re: Trejo539]
Ronin1966 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: East Coast, United States
Hello Trejo539:

Unfortunately no matter how good any of us might be this is not something which can be taught exclusively via the written word. Even so, I'll do what I can...

There are some specific breathing exercises which are designed to trigger an adrenal response. There are many other methods to achieve this type of thing but the exercises are depthful. Typically called Sanchin kata though others can be used in the same manner and provide identical results.

The idea is NOT to control the rush but instead NOT to let it control you. The reason we practice is so that we can simulate these feelings, sensations... and learn how to cope so that you don't shut down overwhelmed by them, OR go insane giving into them. Your heart is pounding, hands shaking, great... now use those sensations and do not lose control because of them.

If you are breathing normally, you are not angry. When you are angry your breathing changes... When you are in pain, sobbing, sad, your breathing has changed. Learning techniques of breathing allows us tools to harness the adrenal system so we can turn it on much like a light switch at will....

Learning to use that adrenaline or set it aside is the excellent challenge. Learn it well and you have an excellent tool to explore and use...

Jeff

#235344 - 10/06/06 07:06 PM Re: how do u control the adrenaline rush using bre [Re: Ronin1966]
maxx Offline
Stranger

hey,
ive been looking everywhere for a topic like this. im in the 11th grade and i can control my adrenaline without using breathing techniques or specific thoughts. its like a switch inside my body that allows me to turn my adrenaline rushes on or off whenever i want to. i have no idea how to explain how i do it and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what it is. ive been trying to understand it for years. please help.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, WhiteDragon11 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga