FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
osibolyxu, SamasTactical, Mustafa, kritesh, AlfonsoGrey37
23185 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
kickbutt 4
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
History of Tae Kwon Do
by
05/07/05 10:39 PM
Recent Posts
History of Tae Kwon Do
by kickbutt
09/07/18 06:28 AM
Forum Stats
23185 Members
36 Forums
35694 Topics
432749 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#230127 - 02/16/06 10:06 PM Re: Someone hitting on your girlfriend [Re: Little Dragon]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

I totally disagree. And in my case my wife would think i was a punk if I didn't fight for her or defend her and let someone punk me down. I am not saying fight all the time, every situtation is different. Don't let the dudes punk you either. For the most part the girl should set them straigh, if she don't she must like it, then ditch her. Again, there is nothing wrong with fighting for your woman...

#230128 - 02/16/06 11:13 PM Re: Someone hitting on your girlfriend [Re: BrianS]
h2whoa Offline

Loc: Fiji
Quote:

Quote:

I think callin the guys gay will cause you to fight...I wouldnt take that advice!

Well,if you are that insecure about it I suppose.

huh?!?!?!? All I am saying is that if you call the other guy gay...in front of a girl and start smart mouthing...he is gonna have his hand forced...he will have to defend his honour..and then most certainly I would say nine times out of ten...it would come to blows. do something...but dont insult the guy..you will only make the situation worse....if you think she is hot others probabbly will as well!

MrMoyer...I think that hitting someone that finds MrsMoyer attractive is a bit premature...perhaps if after you told him nicely that she was your wife and he continued on then by all means do what you feel is right...but a non-confrontational word..like sorry buddy your to late I am married to her...is the best way to start..if he touches her or makes inappropriate remarks after that....well he has it coming dont he!

*bows respectfully*

#230129 - 02/16/06 11:20 PM Re: Someone hitting on your girlfriend [Re: h2whoa]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think callin the guys gay will cause you to fight...I wouldnt take that advice!

Well,if you are that insecure about it I suppose.

huh?!?!?!? All I am saying is that if you call the other guy gay...in front of a girl and start smart mouthing...he is gonna have his hand forced...he will have to defend his honour..and then most certainly I would say nine times out of ten...it would come to blows. do something...but dont insult the guy..you will only make the situation worse....if you think she is hot others probabbly will as well!

MrMoyer...I think that hitting someone that finds MrsMoyer attractive is a bit premature...perhaps if after you told him nicely that she was your wife and he continued on then by all means do what you feel is right...but a non-confrontational word..like sorry buddy your to late I am married to her...is the best way to start..if he touches her or makes inappropriate remarks after that....well he has it coming dont he!

*bows respectfully*

I guess we're on different levels with this and we have different meanings of honor.

"Hey Brian! You are gay and your girlfriend is hot!"

Thanks I'm very happy and I'll buy her a soda.

"Oh yeah! Well,you are just a wuss aren't you sissy momma's boy (censored) bla bla...!!!!

At this point I would walk away from them ignoring anything else they would say,but my girlfriend on the other hand would beat the crap out of them,lol.
There are many different scenarios that could come out of this,but if at all possible,avoid the fight. If you have to fight make sure you are right and that you win.

#230130 - 02/17/06 01:51 AM Re: Someone hitting on your girlfriend [Re: kil2a]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
The thing is, does your girlfriend mind the stares? Perhaps if she doesn't then you maybe next time you see someone looking, just snog the face off her and then smile across at the guy and raise your glass!

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#230131 - 02/17/06 04:08 AM Re: Someone hitting on your girlfriend [Re: BrianS]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

If you have to fight make sure you are right and that you win.

Can we sticky this quote at the top of the forum? It covers a lot of the topics on here

on the point of the whole 'gay retort' thing, i got asked 'to step outside' by a guy in a pub when I was young, my response was 'no thanks i'm not in the mood for a bl*w job- thanks for the offer though' (I stole this line from a movie, and had been waiting ages to use it). It earned me a beating. On this basis, I would advise against insulting a guys masculinity in a heated situation.

#230132 - 02/17/06 04:20 AM Re: Someone hitting on your girlfriend [Re: Cord]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Quote:

Quote:

If you have to fight make sure you are right and that you win.

Can we sticky this quote at the top of the forum? It covers a lot of the topics on here

on the point of the whole 'gay retort' thing, i got asked 'to step outside' by a guy in a pub when I was young, my response was 'no thanks i'm not in the mood for a bl*w job- thanks for the offer though' (I stole this line from a movie, and had been waiting ages to use it). It earned me a beating. On this basis, I would advise against insulting a guys masculinity in a heated situation.

So,instead of a BJ you got beat.....up,lol.

#230133 - 02/17/06 04:36 AM Re: Someone hitting on your girlfriend [Re: h2whoa]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

I would never fight someone for "thinking" my wife is attractive. I agree it is immature. I meant if it went beyond an attractive thing, like harrassment or something she couldn't handle. For the most part she can take care of herself, but sometimes guys don't take no for an answer.

brian/Cord - Yall wild...lol I agree though, about insulting a guys manhood will surely cause a fight. I believe a lot of men are homophobic and when you call them game, they must prove they aren't.

#230134 - 02/17/06 09:14 AM Re: Someone hitting on your girlfriend [Re: JasonM]
RoninBR Offline

Loc: CE, Brazil
yeah, i guess BrainS just got the scenario wrong. It wouldn't be:

PUNK: "Hey Brian! You are gay and your girlfriend is hot!"

BrianS: Thanks I'm very happy and I'll buy her a soda.

PUNK: "Oh yeah! Well,you are just a wuss aren't you sissy momma's boy (censored) bla bla...!!!!

BrianS: *walks away"

It would be more like:

PUNK: hey, nice legs!!! (staring at BrainS' girl)

BrianS: thx, I work out everyday. I know I had that effect on women, didn't know gay guys were interest as well!

PUNK: ARE YOU CALLING ME A [censored]? COME HERE [censored], I'LL SHOW YOU WHAT'S WHAT! ARE YOU MESSING WITH ME? YOU SHOULDN'T DE MESSING WITH ME! YOU SON OF...(spit, punch, kick, punch, headbutt, trip, kick, kick, kick, kick, hospital)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga