FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 12
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432450 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#229652 - 02/10/06 07:23 AM Hydroxycut.
Eveal Offline
the freshmaker

Hey everyone,

I am going to start on this supplement to burn the extra fat on my body off. I am around 12 - 13 percent body fat and would like to get down to single digits like 9. Anyone have any personal experience with hydroxycut and bad experiences and such. I read the website and got some useful info but what are your suggestions of use and how did it work for you.

#229653 - 02/10/06 08:00 AM Re: Hydroxycut. [Re: Eveal]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Hydroxycut has been around for ages, I have known many people that used it and none have reported any results other than a slight diuretic effect (dehydration).
The only non ephedra based fat burning supplement that I know of that has worked for some of my friends is 'Hot Rox' by Biotest, but it is expensive.

Personaly I would save my money, keep eating clean, and let time take care of the rest, but if I were going to try a shortcut, it wouldnt be hydroxycut.

#229654 - 02/10/06 10:46 AM Re: Hydroxycut. [Re: Cord]
globetrotter Offline
does unto others before they do unto him

Loc: ny usa
its can be a real hard task to keep body fat in the single digits. think if it is really worth it to you. good luck

#229655 - 02/10/06 12:05 PM Re: Hydroxycut. [Re: Eveal]
fmorris Offline

This might sound a little strange, but it has worked for me. My body fat is usually 9 or lower. I call it the "cave man" diet. Don't eat anything that you could not kill or scavange. I know, it sounds stupid, but trust me at least long enough to read this. Lean protein (lean beef, poultry, eggs, fish, 1 grm per pound of body weight per day), nuts 1-2 servings (you might eat more but remember they are high in calories), fruits 3-4x daily, veggies in abundance @ each meal, no dairy- soy seems to be OK though in my experience, olive and canola oils, and if you have to eat grains, follow this advice. Fill your plate so it is mostly vegetables, and maybe serving or two tops of 100% whole wheats or brown rice only (no bleached stuff). If after a few days you feel you need more energy, slightly raise your intakes. This really works, and it will give you health benefits as well- lots on antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and the like. And don't worry about calcium (milk abstinance), bone density comes just as much from exercise as from calcium, and green veggies, which you will be eating a lot of, are high in calcium too. Trust me, you won't need to spend money on stimulants (like hydroxycut). Also, make sure you exercise, muscle strength/endurance and cardio an couple days a week.

#229656 - 02/10/06 01:20 PM Re: Hydroxycut. [Re: fmorris]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
What you are describing there is essentialy a ketogenic diet- with the fats in nuts as your principle source of energy. If the nuts are raw, and your vegetable intake high, it shouldnt be a problem. You may want to 'hunt' more fish and poultry than red meat for health healthy protein sources, and have low fat dairy if you wish. Unless lactose intolerant, there is no reason to avoid it if you enjoy it.

Its not a guarantee of single digit fat levels however. As with so many things, for many, its a matter of genetics, but for many more, its a simple issue of willpower and sacrifice in regards to clean eating and hard work in the gym.

#229657 - 02/10/06 04:16 PM Re: Hydroxycut. [Re: Eveal]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
I hate to admit it but I tried Hydroxycut back when it had ephedrine in it. Results ... less money in my pocket. I followed it strictly, watched other things I ate and got zero results. This of course could be me.

I'm not a big supplement person. Why? Because I spent all of that money for years listening to everybody who had fantastic results ... or so they said ... or so they thought ... or so they were sold on ... and got zero bang for my dollar. Now I know what the real magic is that works and I stick with that. Real magic? Hard work, determination, clean eating .... blah ... blah ... blah. You've heard it before so I'll save you the rest.

I find supplements like the newest exercise equipment being sold on TV. Or the newest gizmo, gadget or theory. When you get them they say "that we proper diet and exercise". Wow ... thanks ... I didn't know that! Duh! They might as well sell you a stapler and say with proper diet and exercise you can be more fit. At least I could use the stapler. (Stapler in front of me and only thing I could think of at the time)

You will have to find out for your own. No matter what anybody tells you may have already determined to buy it and so you might as well. If in your mind you think it will work and you follow it to the "T" for instructions and see the results you are looking for ... then excellent.

#229658 - 02/10/06 04:25 PM Re: Hydroxycut. [Re: Eveal]
Trejo539 Offline

i dont use any supplements and my body fat is 9.........plain cardio workouts with black sweaters should do it. especially if its sunny. ull sweeat like crazy.

#229659 - 02/11/06 05:57 PM Re: Hydroxycut. [Re: Trejo539]
TimBlack Offline
Exalted

Loc: UK, Brighton
Quote:

i dont use any supplements and my body fat is 9.........plain cardio workouts with black sweaters should do it. especially if its sunny. ull sweeat like crazy.

And while you're at it, try to pass out from heat exhaustion, cause nothing helps you lose weight than a little bit of unconciousness

Anyway, Dereck and Cord are totally right, you don't need this, and if anything I would think it unhelpful since lower water levels will make it harder to train + concentrate... Here's Cord and Dereck's advice in a few easy words:
Sacrifice, Grind, Self-control.

A while back I went skitzo on the whole 'I'll diet till I'm at 8% bf' thing... Cord gave rather a good example, which I shall quote here:

Quote:

Scenario.

You have just hit 6%, on with the fitted t-shirt, 100 push ups to pump up and off into town with the guys to check out the hotties.
Your in a bar (drinking water, beer is full of calories), and a real honey catches your eye- i mean she makes Carmen Electra look like Gollum!. Over you go in your fitted shirt and you get talking. You hit it off realy well. Now what?
Invite her out to dinner? No way! have you seen how much oil they use to cook in those nice restaurants!
How about a Movie? well possibly, but no soda's and no sharing of popcorn, and of course it cant clash with your 1 hour cardio session

Cheers Cord, that post was a real epiphany for me, I hope it is for others... go team!

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga