FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
AndyLA 3
Zombie Zero 2
Matakiant 2
futsaowingchun 2
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Eugue Ryu
by
03/27/07 12:06 AM
Recent Posts
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Matakiant
09/18/14 07:11 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35575 Topics
432495 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#229212 - 02/09/06 04:12 AM GANSTERS!!!
Dauragon c mikado Offline

Loc: Oxford, England
Recently at school Ive been getting some trouble off idiots who think their from the Bronx (they wound'nt dare step foot in there).
Its nothing serious, its just that if you look at them or dont cower down like wet lettuce they dont seem o like it so hey try and get a grip of something on you and its only after you put them on their ass they leave you alone.

Anyone ever see the ganster wannabees who walk round as if they've been stabbed in the leg and if you make eye contact they automaticly take this as a sighn of aggression.

In england they go by these names:
-townies
-chavs
-rudeboys
-gangsters or G's

These type of people usually think martial arts are useless and the only people who do it are old people and if you say you do MA they assume you can do a hadouken.

this explains them pretty well

Chav site

Damn jackasses

#229213 - 02/09/06 04:33 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
I had some trouble with wannabe gangsters in highschool. The problem with these morons is they run in packs and carry weapons and they are out to prove to their buddies how tough they are. They are constantly looking for trouble so try to avoid them if at all possible. I didn't and I ended up having to transfer to another school. Most of them ended up in jail or prison,imagine that.

#229214 - 02/09/06 05:13 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
KNOW YOUR ENEMY

Ah yes, the chav. Nothing says 'our society was wrong to stop smacking children' like a snotty, spotty 17 year old, wearing a burberry baseball cap, big hoody pulled up over it, white pyjama (sorry, tracksuit)bottoms and a load of cheap gold jewelry. He can usualy be found with his arm slung round the neck of a hard faced 14 year old girl, dressed how J-lo would dress if she relied on charity shops for her clothing, hair scraped back into an overtight ponytail to reveal hooped earings so big she could use them as hula hoops.

SOCIAL HABITS

Hobbies seem to include leaning on the hoods of their vauxhall Novas. Looking bored. Chewing gum. Talking in jamaican accents though plainly caucasian. 'Giving daggers' to old people walking past. Looking at the ground when able fit adults walk past.
They are pack animals and attempt no actions, benign or hostile whatsoever unless in a group of 10 or more.Zero autonomous thought ability.

THREAT
In numbers yes. But like all pack hunters, like easy prey, and are very happy to keep things verbal in confrontations, having the get out clause 'you aint worf it mate' as they slouch back to their delightful young girlfriends ( )
Have shown increased signs of knife posession, but as always, this has been distorted by media attention, and most just want to look threatening, with little desire to back it up.

In all seriousness, i have a local fan club in the chav community, due to coming to the assistance of a little guy working in my local video store who was being harassed by them in the shop. Seems they dont think much of me now, but none of them do anything but glare at me from a safe distance, and I just laugh at them. I do now however ensure my car is parked in line of site to the video shop (so they dont risk vandalising it), and either my wife goes, or I go, NEVER together, so that they do not connect her with me.
Aside from that, its all good, bless their feckless hearts.

#229215 - 02/09/06 08:22 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
JohnL Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: NY, NY, USA
And just what makes you think that this is anything new?

In the 50's you had the Biker gangs and Teddy boys.
Through the 60's you had the Mods and Rockers.
Go into the 70's and you had Hippies and Shinheads.
etc. etc. etc.

It doesn't matter what they're called, it's the same thing. A group of young people who can only intimidate by being in a large group.

I don't care what they think of MA's because generally between a combination of 10 gangs, you'd be hard pressed to identify a brain cell amongst them.

Nothing changes, it just changes it's name.

#229216 - 02/09/06 09:14 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: JohnL]
schanne Offline
breaks things

Loc: Woodbury NJ
LOL...I used to be in a gang called the "Bobo's" we had cheap leather jackets and had the name inscribed on the back. We were more of a motor head beer drinking gang that kept to ourselves ....but we looked cool

#229217 - 02/09/06 09:44 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
huntMichael Offline
Stranger

Michael

This is your first post on the forum and it's been moderated. Congratulations

Edited by JohnL (02/09/06 11:32 AM)

#229218 - 02/09/06 09:52 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Cord]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Spot on mate! Coming from the town that is the holiday destination of choice for the discerning Chav, you descriptions of Chavkind are spot on. "Annoying the Chav" is actually a very popular passtime amongst the bored Doorman of my fair seaside town!

Towards that later end of last year we had a perfect example of the classy Chavette. Two young Chavettes walked up to our door donned in the classiest of felt trackies with matching hoody....one of these young *cough* ladies was even drinking from a 500ml can of Stella....Can't remember the exact conversation but it went along the lines:

"Sorry ladies, not tonight!"

"Ah Bruv, wiv cum doun from East Londen, init!"

"Sorry ladies, we don't allow tracksuits....init!" as me and my beloved Head Doorman at exactly the same time switched into Ali G style chest beating....complete with the "I can't stand still due to some lice infection of the nether region" standing.

"Bruv, I is from East Londen, I is kan't 'elp the way I speek...init"

"I think you'll find its 'Brother, I am from East London and I can not help the way I speak...can I?'.....init".....more chest beating with added Ali G "Westside" finger actions...

"Bruv, doon't go dis'in me just coz I speek like the way I do....init"

"Aiight, see wot you iz saying...but, like, you still ain't coming in iz you...init"

We had 'im going for about 10 minutes.....ah, Chav's gotta love 'im.....make working nights a lot more fun!

#229219 - 02/09/06 11:35 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: huntMichael]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Huntmichael- you cant swear here. You can be as angry about a topic as you like, but keep the language suitable for all ages.

Gav- its funny because half of ours talk like 'rood boiz', and the other half talk like they are from 'saaf landan' innit geez? none of em like it when your not impressed with them, some even look confused like they cant understand why you are not quaking in fear

I love em, they entertain me.

#229220 - 02/09/06 12:10 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Cord]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

My second favourite threat was from a Saff landaner, we'd put him out for some reason and he got his phone out and said (and this is the gods honest truth and shows how truly stupid some people are)..."That's it mate, your f##ked, I'm getting my uncle down here!". When I enquired who this Uncle was his reply, "Lenny McCain[1], and your f##ked!". He seemed a bit p1$$ed when I burst out laughing and even more suprised when I told him his uncle was dead! Utter prat!!!

The best threat was from I guy I was offering the choice of leaving a club in southend called Bakers on his own or by dragged out by the neck....again, this is the gods to honest truth....he said, "Let me tell you something......does the name John King mean anything to you???" He decided to leave of his own accord and rather red faced!

[1] Lenny was the big guy in Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' barrells!

Edited by Gavin (02/09/06 12:11 PM)

#229221 - 02/09/06 12:14 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Cord]
Tezza Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Kent, U.K.
Cord, I love the way that you explained them to us very well done. The funny thing is that you are spot on.

Quote:

Talking in jamaican accents though plainly caucasian

lol

#229222 - 02/09/06 01:59 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: schanne]
roniwankan Offline

Loc: Brazil, Goias
Hahahahahhaah.
Do you know what is the meaning of Bobos in portuguese: it means idiots, stupids, fools.
I am serious!!!

#229223 - 02/09/06 03:44 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: roniwankan]
badkarma Offline

Loc: New Jersey
WOW I didn't know they had wanna-be gangSTERS in the U.K. Theres many of them here in New Jersey...especially in my PRIVATE highschool

#229224 - 02/10/06 03:07 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: badkarma]

You should hear the music they listen to, either rap (standable) or 'garage', garage just sounds like a guy who's had his nuts hooked up to the national circuit and gone into a verbal spasm.

Eg. yo, meandmyboysisbadsodontmessoryougetblesttothechest....yeah

They go along the streets in their cars listening to this rubbish trying to scare pensioners along the way...now dont mess innit!

Some common "GANGSTER" phrases:

-these come after "you is" or "this man is"

TIC = muscular

TONK = muscular

HENCH = muscular

BLENCH = muscular

(basicly, tic = tonk = hench = blench = muscular)

-these usually come after "im gonna" or "your gonna get"

CREWED= beaten up

MERKED= beaten up

POPPED= beaten up or shot

SPARKED OUT= beaten up

(basicly, crewed = merked = popped = sparked out = beaten up)

Just a couple off the top off my head can you think of more?

#229225 - 02/10/06 03:16 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Talking about wannabe's is one thing,but don't mess with the music. I enjoy all ranges of music,from country to rap and classic rock, all of it,just not every song.

"I'm in luv(with a stripper)" by T-Pain is my favorite hip hop song right now.

#229226 - 02/10/06 03:27 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: BrianS]

Im not dissing the music, Im just saying its tolerable to my personal taste.

I used to like it a few years ago but now nobody is coming up with anything new in it so it all sounds the same, sure, every now and again you get a good song but it tires quickly. sorry just personal Opinion Im afraid, you would probably say the same if you heard my type of music (slipknot, marilyn manson, hatebreed, etc).

But we all have to find our own way to rock on, as long as it isnt the way of the chav, CHAV-DO or the art of chav, CHAV-JUTSU.

#229227 - 02/10/06 03:35 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Quote:

You should hear the music they listen to, either rap (standable) or 'garage', garage just sounds like a guy who's had his nuts hooked up to the national circuit and gone into a verbal spasm.

They go along the streets in their cars listening to this rubbish trying to scare pensioners along the way...now dont mess innit!

TIC = muscular

TONK = muscular

HENCH = muscular

BLENCH = muscular

CREWED= beaten up

MERKED= beaten up

SPARKED OUT= beaten up

Quote:

Im not dissing the music

Oh no,not at all....I'm not calling you a fibber either.

#229228 - 02/10/06 03:48 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: BrianS]
Cord Offline
Prolific

I love rap, old electro, Industrial and stuff, but I have to agree that 'Garage' and 'drum and bass' are paticular sub genre of dance music that realy are an acquired taste. They are to dance music what Norweigan death metal is to rock ie. easily interperated by the casual listener as mindless noise requiring no talent to create. Thats clearly not the case, but Garage and D&B do suck none the less.

#229229 - 02/10/06 03:56 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Street_Poet Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
dont u go around criticizing music, it is completely irrelavent. Is music correlated with specific behaviors? of course! but does it cause any of those behaviors? show me the evidence of research that supports it, and i will never doubt it. but for now, music is serenity, and it's a self-expression, JUST LIKE MARTIAL ART, so dont go bashing it, cuz its equivalent to some people saying:

" you should see the kind of activies they're into, martial arts! martial artists are just a bunch of barbarians who enjoy beatin the crap out of eachother!"

#229230 - 02/10/06 04:27 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Street_Poet]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Good point Street Poet.

Edited by BrianS (02/10/06 04:30 AM)

#229231 - 02/10/06 04:33 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Street_Poet]
AshiharaStudent Offline

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
I love it when they say something like "Don't you know who the <insert swear word here> I am???" or "Do you know <insert some name like big mad john or something>?"

Simple replies:

The sarcastic way:
"I've heard of him, he always wins at the bingo doesn't he?"

The aggressive way:
"Never heard of yah mate, and you've never heard of me, so I would watch what you're saying"

The pasafist way:

"What's that over there" <then leg it>

#229232 - 02/10/06 08:13 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
JohnL Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

Being the boring old fart I am, I'll take your comments on music and use the same methodology I applied to the gang mentality.

In the 50's there was Rock and Roll. (Abject horror expressed by the older community)
In the 60's there was the arrival of the Beatles. (Abject horror expressed by the older community)
In the 70's Punk Rock. (More abject horror)

Need I go on!

I find it ammusing that you continue to exlain suprise and disgust at something that's been around for ages.

Maybe I'm just too old and mellow to worry. (I still won't let my daughter have Rap on the radio while I'm driving though!

#229233 - 02/10/06 08:39 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: JohnL]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

da bomb 4-1-1 for our baby gangstas:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop_slang#Gang_Slang_Terms

keep it trill, bruh
peace out
E

#229234 - 02/10/06 12:40 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Ed_Morris]
QuietGal Offline

Loc: Missouri
Quote:

I don't know if I should laugh, cry, or silently look away...I can't believe that someone actually took the time to write all that up.
I work in the city, so this is nothing new to me. I see the real deal every day. Before people start to flame me, I'm not trying to make this a white vs. black thing here. I know that there are gangs for all walks of life (white, black, Vietnamese, purple people eaters, whatever). Not are all bad people, they just have taken this particular path due to need of safety, bad circumstances, pressure from outside, whatever. I'm not meaning to sound like some nancy here and I do realize that there is a large percentage out there that I would want to avoid at all costs. I had a good friend in college that was in a gang. He tried to get out but got sucked back in unfortunately. I find it funny to hear the suburb kids trying to act like gang bangers though. Some may actually be, but I think many of them are just searching for some sort of identity and this is what they happend to latch on to for what ever reason/
I'm gonna ghost now, but that was dope man. Catch you all l8r cause the po po is gonna be rollin' up on me now. I'm out. *silently has a seizure and hope she doesn't get yelled at by a moderator*

#229235 - 02/10/06 12:47 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: QuietGal]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

HOW DARE YOU POST THAT!!!!!!

Nothing wrong with your post quietgal. Gang culture is everywhere and I think you summed up perfectly one of the main reasons why people get involved in it, lack of identity.

Now anymore insightful posts like that and your gonna get banned...OK????

Gav

#229236 - 02/10/06 01:05 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Cord]
Landus Offline

Loc: UK
Blooming loads of them!

I'm only bothered about the groups of 5+ that may carry knifes, it's a difficult situation.

You often find that it's the youngest/newest member of the 'gang' that starts things off - trying to prove him or herself.

It's pathetic.

In my area, we are already taking them on (the chavs that go round in groups battering people) and slowly, but surely, they get the message.

#229237 - 02/10/06 03:41 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: QuietGal]
ShikataGaNai Offline
Veteran

Loc: Bellingham, WA
Alot of that article isn't even gang terms. It's just "urban" for lack of better word. I mean, a good 60% of that I heard when I was a kid in rural washington!!!
PS - why is this thread posted in two forums?

#229238 - 02/10/06 04:39 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Cord]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
Cord, you forgot to mention that the male ones have a gold sovereign ring for each child they've fathered before their seventeenth birthday (or the girls' 16th)

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#229239 - 02/10/06 04:50 PM Re: GANGSTERS!!! [Re: trevek]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
Once read about the old Glasgow pre-war street gangs. Oh boy were they NOT wannabeez! However, did anyone know the word 'hooligan' comes from the name of a rather wild family of Irish thugs who were into the odd bash here and there?

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#229240 - 02/10/06 05:56 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: QuietGal]

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know if I should laugh, cry, or silently look away...I can't believe that someone actually took the time to write all that up.
I work in the city, so this is nothing new to me. I see the real deal every day. Before people start to flame me, I'm not trying to make this a white vs. black thing here. I know that there are gangs for all walks of life (white, black, Vietnamese, purple people eaters, whatever). Not are all bad people, they just have taken this particular path due to need of safety, bad circumstances, pressure from outside, whatever. I'm not meaning to sound like some nancy here and I do realize that there is a large percentage out there that I would want to avoid at all costs. I had a good friend in college that was in a gang. He tried to get out but got sucked back in unfortunately. I find it funny to hear the suburb kids trying to act like gang bangers though. Some may actually be, but I think many of them are just searching for some sort of identity and this is what they happend to latch on to for what ever reason/
I'm gonna ghost now, but that was dope man. Catch you all l8r cause the po po is gonna be rollin' up on me now. I'm out. *silently has a seizure and hope she doesn't get yelled at by a moderator*

Ever wander where the english language is going with all these weiered phrases?
Soon this type of talking may become normal and everybody sounds like a complete moron.

I agree with what you say about them having lack of identity, although I already came up with my own theory on why there are such large numbers of these morons, here goes:

-first of all they all start out as lone geeks, outcasts with no particuler talents or skills.

-they find others like themselves who are equally stupid moronic.

-during their time together they discover they have similar interests such as a taste in music or clothes.

-more people are inducted into the group and the cesspit grows.

-they begin using phrases from the music they listen to, giving rise to the retarted linguistics we all love.

-eventually there are so many of them they can be considered popular, not because there good people but because they all share the fact their retarded.

-to impress eachother they do things they would'nt normally do such as shout at the elderly and intimidate little kids, one example is the recent "happy slapping" whitch to date two (possibly more) people in the UK have died because of.

How to be respected/feared by chavs:

-hang around in groups of people who are known for their fighting skills, they dont say much to the deadly.

-"accidently" show them your knuckles or palms the day after a good conditioning session, they automaticly assume you can fight (which if you practice MA you probably can).

-"reluctantly" show them a feat of strength, one of my personal favourites to intimidate chavs is to make massive dents in the school lockers with knife hand strikes (immature and destructive but it works).

-let them hit you, if you can take a punch they wont think about trying it on. This is usually done when they try to start a fight. When they start simply say "hit me then, take a shot" in a cool, calm manner, the chances are they wont they'll rather say:

Quote:

"your not worf it, mate"

But should they decide to hit you and your still standing just laurgh and say "is that it?, do it again that was funny". they turn and walk away silently with their 'homies' and probably wont bother you again, and when they do see you they'll either be quiet and look away or say in a cowardly voice "s-safe, man". Just respond with a nod and leave it at that.

Eventually, you should have a rep as a "deadly man who will MERK YOU" with out actually getting into a fight.

dcm

#229241 - 02/10/06 11:43 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Crazy_Eyes Offline

Loc: British Columbia Canada
Being confident, almost cocky even seems to help. As well as being more threatening. I can remember one time in school. I had a younger guy, I'd say about by a grade or two, I'm in grade 12, anyways. He comes up too me and says he doesn't like the way I looked at him. I hadn't even done anything! But I decided to go along with it for a laugh.

So he starts to talk smack, calling me a variety of words I wont mention on here. I tried to hold in my laughter as I asked what he was going to do about it. I was then told by this wanna be that his "crew" was going to "pop" me. I looked over his shoulder, and all I saw was a small group of scared looking younger kids. This is where it gets funny. He pushes me and asks if I want too fight. So I pushed him back and said "Sure, lets do it right now" I have never seen a more confused look in my life. He just started to mutter and then told me I wasn't worth it and walked away. I went about my business chuckling that people can be so retarded.

#229242 - 02/11/06 04:07 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Crazy_Eyes]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

OK guys I think the issues behind gang membership is slightly deeper than being "retarded". Identity and fear play a huge part. Never ever try to intimidate someone unless you're prepared to "walk the walk"...remember the old saying "You can't hurt whats not there!" so avoidence is always the best option.

Lets get this thread back into the realms of MA's or social issues outside of the playground please.

#229243 - 02/11/06 12:53 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Gavin]
ShikataGaNai Offline
Veteran

Don't forget poverty. I don't think some of you would be so brazen if more of these guys could afford to take MA classes. And don't you dare say "oh, no MA school would ever teach a bunch of hoods", because I've seen it. In fact, a friend of mine was once beaten within an inch of his life by three gangbangers that knew judo.
But go ahead, keep judgementally saying to people so much more "stupid" or "retarded" than you to "just hit me".
See where ya end up -

#229244 - 02/11/06 01:10 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: ShikataGaNai]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Quote:

In fact, a friend of mine was once beaten within an inch of his life by three gangbangers that knew judo.

It was nice of them to identify the art they used as they did him over.
Technicaly this would make them 'Gang-grapplers' as opposed to gangbangers wouldnt it?

You are correct though, gang violence has the potential to be far more dangerous than the glib attitude on this thread. Notice that whilst I poke fun in my initial post, I also point out I have taken precautions to ensure no repurcussions to my wife and property from these little thugs.
Acknowledging that they act and dress in a way worthy of ridicule, does not reduce their ability to stove your head in when there are enough of them who fancy the job.

Play safe kids

#229245 - 02/11/06 01:30 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: ShikataGaNai]

Quote:

"just hit me".
See where ya end up -

I know its kinda obvious that if yo say "just hit me" and they do it, theres always gonna be a risk of some kind.
eg. getting knocked out, one od the worst things about chavs is not only do they hang round in large groups if they manage somehow to knock you out, they have been known to to give you what they call "head stomps" while your unconsious, I've read and heard on the news, situations where people end up either dying or being left with permanant brain damage because of these idiots, if you stamp on someones head while someones unconsious, your either evil or retarded (probably the latter).

Poverty I agree is a cause for this 'grouping', kids that have nothing but themselves and their family to look after and no mkotivation to do well in school.
So they create groups or 'gangs' as a means of looking out for eachother.

But where I live this is not the case, their usually well off kids who merely wish to be something the're not, just a bunch of morons like I described in my last post.

But I really think that if parents have the means to get their kids into some sort of discipline, whether it's MA, fishing, youth clubs, whatever.
This way they have something to do with their spare time and meet friends that have a similar interest.

dcm

#229246 - 02/11/06 01:37 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
boxing_kid Offline

isn't it spelled gangsters?

#229247 - 02/11/06 05:05 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: boxing_kid]

Well spotted!

#229248 - 02/11/06 07:41 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
elly12 Offline

Loc: Anchorage, Alaska
Hey, I lived in Newark, NJ (thank God I left) and growing up was pretty fun for me seeing all these wanna be ganstas, tacheads, and Nation of Islam type. I remembered my friends would change their name, for example: A guy named John Simmons would be like; "Yo! my name aint John no more, that's the white slave name I used to have!! my name is Hakim Mustafa Ali-Okbar!!" Then he'd hang out with the local "I just got ou of Jail possey". My reaction; what an idiot!! . or if a guy wanted to be cool, he'd try and hang with the "down" folk. I think I might have been one of the few brothers with a Dad living at home and having a good job (Newark Police Officer). The whole gansta, ganster, gang thing escaped me because I didn't feel like I needed to be with a bunch of jackass to deal with my problems and my parent always told me to learn to make your own way!! I had to admit, these idiots were always fun to watch; especially when they didn't have their boys around to help them!! !!

#229249 - 02/11/06 08:02 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
elly12 Offline

Loc: Anchorage, Alaska
Quote:

TIC = muscular

TONK = muscular

HENCH = muscular

BLENCH = muscular

CREWED= beaten up

MERKED= beaten up

SPARKED OUT= beaten up

Sure; How 'bout this sentence: Yo, kid I aint got beef witchu...but yo boy been in my grill over some bull**** 'bout dis skeezer up in da bricks!!

#229250 - 02/12/06 10:20 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: elly12]

Or this one I say often when I'm making fun of G's:

"Yo, me and my homies is nang, and if some b****es start, the naa low that cos it buns"

#229251 - 02/12/06 11:29 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Folks -

Let's stay on topic here. Gang lingo has nothing to do with martial arts.

#229252 - 02/12/06 10:28 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: MattJ]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Quote:

Folks -

I was laughing,then I read this.

So,dauragon,are you still having problems with these gangsters? Maybe it's because you make fun of their talk,their dress,and their music? They don't do things like you or I do,so what? Everyone has phases of their lives to go through and then they grow up.
I went through the thug stage,the do weird things with my hair thing,and finally the pierce my own nipples stage before finding my true self. Would it have helped if everyone I came in to contact with ridiculed my self expression? Have a little tolerance and learn to accept others for who they are,they mught not be so bad,outside of breaking the law that is,lol.

#229253 - 02/12/06 11:09 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: BrianS]
KarlHTKDSTUDENT Offline

This post is great lol. Ok, last semester I had Art Survey, and in my class I had 3 kids, Brandon, Jordan(I think that was his name), and Cord. From day one I could tell they were gangster wannabe's. They seemed to find it ammusing to go around yelling "WHO" then another one would reply "MIKE JOOOOONNNNEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS". So one day I told them I didn't listen to Mike Jones, because I'm not really a fan of rap. After this they had to have used the word gay at leat 6 times in one sentence, then they said they were going to bust me with his .45, so I told him not to shoot himself in the foot, becasue that hurts(just for fun I found a video of a guy shooting himself in the foot http://www.planetvids.com/html/Cop-Shoots-Himself-in-the-Foot.html) Back on topic, ond day Jordan came to class wearing a doo rag and calling everyone a n***** , I was trying not to laugh so hard I thought I was going to [censored] my pants. I also had Brandon in my English class, and he always bragged about hacking the Wal-Mart website (now please correct me, but I didn't know hacking the Wal-Mart website was all the rage), even though I've seen this kid in the computer lab and he can hardly use a computer. Sorry for the long post, just thought it was funny.
-Karl

#229254 - 02/13/06 05:13 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: KarlHTKDSTUDENT]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Quote:

and in my class I had 3 kids, Brandon, Jordan(I think that was his name), and Cord.

Nothing to do with me, i am not in high school, dont hack shopping franchises, and have never heard of Mike Jones. Just thought i would clear that up.

#229255 - 02/13/06 05:31 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Cord]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Quote:

Quote:

and in my class I had 3 kids, Brandon, Jordan(I think that was his name), and Cord.

Nothing to do with me, i am not in high school, dont hack shopping franchises, and have never heard of Mike Jones. Just thought i would clear that up.

Yeah sure,whatever. That's what I would have said too.

#229256 - 02/13/06 08:27 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: MattJ]
JohnL Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

Folks -

That's interesting.

What do you call a group of people with common interests that dress alike and use common expressions not in general use by the population.

Krateka;
Practice in groups, are interested in karate, wear gi's, and use Japanese terminology.

Almost sounds like a gang to me. Including the language.

#229257 - 02/13/06 09:22 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Eveal Offline
the freshmaker

Quote:

"Yo, me and my homies is nang, and if some b****es start, the naa low that cos it buns"

After reading your post Dauragon c mikado it seems you are no better than them. You seem to insigate the situations with them. Picking on these so called "gangsters" will not help you at all. Remember you may bully that one kid and when the time comes its going to be him and his boys bulling you now all because you couldn't look the other way and wanted to make him feel less that what he is already doing. These kids already feel like they are left out of society (by choice which I never understood) but its not our positions to outcast them more. Have you ever gotten a "wannabe gangster" alone and showed him some compassion and actually listened to him. Thats when the true person comes out and his eyes will open to see there is more to this place than wanting to "act tough in crowds".

We all claim to be the humble martial artist and living by some moral codes but I have seen them broken in this thread. Please look back upon your training (mentally) and make sure you are building the character you preach.

#229258 - 02/13/06 09:36 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: JohnL]

Quote:

Quote:

Folks -

That's interesting.

What do you call a group of people with common interests that dress alike and use common expressions not in general use by the population.

Krateka;
Practice in groups, are interested in karate, wear gi's, and use Japanese terminology.

Almost sounds like a gang to me. Including the language.

Good point, but I dont think many good karateka go round harrasing others, plus their usually organised and train to better themselves physicly, and mentally.

Quote:

So,dauragon,are you still having problems with these gangsters? Maybe it's because you make fun of their talk,their dress,and their music? They don't do things like you or I do,so what? Everyone has phases of their lives to go through and then they grow up.
I went through the thug stage,the do weird things with my hair thing,and finally the pierce my own nipples stage before finding my true self. Would it have helped if everyone I came in to contact with ridiculed my self expression? Have a little tolerance and learn to accept others for who they are,they mught not be so bad,outside of breaking the law that is,lol.

I dont have a problem with the way they express themselves (atleast until they annoy me) and I can assure you I only start talking to them when they start talking to me, If they just left me alone and stopped making their inferiority complex mine and everybody elses problem there wouldnt be a problem, they get me so mad sometimes, insulting people for no reason and getting a 'rep' for beating people up in large numbers.
I sometimes just wanna grab em by the throaght and say stop acting like an idiot, if I have to beat you like a dog to teach you manners then thats what I'll do, now shut up"

Thankfully I dont and have never done this, no matter how much I may want to.

I admit there was a time about four five years ago where I was on the road to becoming a chav.

*dcm gets ready to fight as he sees FA members with red faces, rolling up sleeves to deliver judgement for hypocracy*

Though I did overcome it.

*dcm gets back in chair as he sees FA members faces return to normal hue and roll down sleeves*

I owe it to MA really since about five/six years ago when I took up judo, I encountered some good role models in the dojo, it was pretty good and I enjoyed it.

I knew that if I wanted to make any good progreess in there I would need to develop better people skills since I had decided martial arts to me was more important than acting like a moron.

I made new friends at the dojo which also went to my school, It was so much better though we were considered geeks for not having any fixed dress sense or taste in music plus we did'nt go round thinking we were the 'shizzle'.

So brian I think you can wipe up your tears now.

Or atleast drown your sorrows =

#229259 - 02/13/06 10:03 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Eveal]

Quote:

Quote:

After reading your post Dauragon c mikado it seems you are no better than them. You seem to insigate the situations with them. Picking on these so called "gangsters" will not help you at all. Remember you may bully that one kid and when the time comes its going to be him and his boys bulling you now all because you couldn't look the other way and wanted to make him feel less that what he is already doing. These kids already feel like they are left out of society (by choice which I never understood) but its not our positions to outcast them more. Have you ever gotten a "wannabe gangster" alone and showed him some compassion and actually listened to him. Thats when the true person comes out and his eyes will open to see there is more to this place than wanting to "act tough in crowds".

We all claim to be the humble martial artist and living by some moral codes but I have seen them broken in this thread. Please look back upon your training (mentally) and make sure you are building the character you preach.

I only just saw your post and I see why you think I bully them, but I dont.

I simply respond to what they do to me, I suppose I could be mature and let it go, but I would rather give them back what they give to me (its only right to do so).

I admit when they are on their own, there ok to talk to, but ther are various possibilities why:

-they dont have anybody to show off or look 'bad in front of so they they dont see any reason to be an ass.

-there simply scared to act up and be agressive without the back up of their friends so they quieten down incase you feel like kicking the cream out of em because of their stupidity.

-they want to increase their popularity by knowing more people, so your another ally to back them up.

-there bored.

By the way I wasnt sure I preached my own character, I am by no means a zen master or a person of higher enlightenment, What I say and do at the time all depends on how I feel, through my training I learn to control my emotions and respect other people, I dont want anybody to uneccacerily insult me or my freinds so depending on what mood Im in at the time I usually have to reactions two insult:

-when faced with conflict, I respond accordingly and equally, meeting insult to insult, punch to punch.

-or I may have the attitude or "just kill me or go away", where I will just tell them to do what they feel they must do or leave me alone.

I now see what you mean by me preaching an image of myself. I guess that as long as you interact with anyone, in any way it is unavoidable to show some part of your self, whether your acting or being sincere (I find acting is just an extension of yourself anyway).

DCM,
Please do not swear. Yes, I consider ?*** swearing.

Edited by McSensei (02/13/06 12:50 PM)

#229260 - 02/13/06 04:12 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Cord]
ShikataGaNai Offline
Veteran

Actually, my friend who got the beating identified the style, as he himself trained in it.
Gangrapplers, though, that's pretty funny!

#229261 - 02/14/06 12:19 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: ShikataGaNai]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Quote:

Actually, my friend who got the beating identified the style, as he himself trained in it.
Gangrapplers, though, that's pretty funny!

We're going to be using goju karate today,our lineage is bla,bla,bla....afterwards my friend Sam will use greko style wrestling to pile drive yo ass!!(beating commences)......there,all done.

#229262 - 02/14/06 12:35 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: BrianS]

I think its faur to say this threads gone as far as it can go.

Mods?

#229263 - 02/14/06 05:28 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Agreed!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga