FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 4
Ronin1966 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
AndyLA 1
Matakiant 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
Recent Posts
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
Today at 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432510 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#229252 - 02/12/06 10:28 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: MattJ]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Quote:

Folks -

Let's stay on topic here. Gang lingo has nothing to do with martial arts.

I was laughing,then I read this.

So,dauragon,are you still having problems with these gangsters? Maybe it's because you make fun of their talk,their dress,and their music? They don't do things like you or I do,so what? Everyone has phases of their lives to go through and then they grow up.
I went through the thug stage,the do weird things with my hair thing,and finally the pierce my own nipples stage before finding my true self. Would it have helped if everyone I came in to contact with ridiculed my self expression? Have a little tolerance and learn to accept others for who they are,they mught not be so bad,outside of breaking the law that is,lol.

#229253 - 02/12/06 11:09 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: BrianS]
KarlHTKDSTUDENT Offline

This post is great lol. Ok, last semester I had Art Survey, and in my class I had 3 kids, Brandon, Jordan(I think that was his name), and Cord. From day one I could tell they were gangster wannabe's. They seemed to find it ammusing to go around yelling "WHO" then another one would reply "MIKE JOOOOONNNNEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS". So one day I told them I didn't listen to Mike Jones, because I'm not really a fan of rap. After this they had to have used the word gay at leat 6 times in one sentence, then they said they were going to bust me with his .45, so I told him not to shoot himself in the foot, becasue that hurts(just for fun I found a video of a guy shooting himself in the foot http://www.planetvids.com/html/Cop-Shoots-Himself-in-the-Foot.html) Back on topic, ond day Jordan came to class wearing a doo rag and calling everyone a n***** , I was trying not to laugh so hard I thought I was going to [censored] my pants. I also had Brandon in my English class, and he always bragged about hacking the Wal-Mart website (now please correct me, but I didn't know hacking the Wal-Mart website was all the rage), even though I've seen this kid in the computer lab and he can hardly use a computer. Sorry for the long post, just thought it was funny.
-Karl

#229254 - 02/13/06 05:13 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: KarlHTKDSTUDENT]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

and in my class I had 3 kids, Brandon, Jordan(I think that was his name), and Cord.

Nothing to do with me, i am not in high school, dont hack shopping franchises, and have never heard of Mike Jones. Just thought i would clear that up.

#229255 - 02/13/06 05:31 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Cord]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Quote:

Quote:

and in my class I had 3 kids, Brandon, Jordan(I think that was his name), and Cord.

Nothing to do with me, i am not in high school, dont hack shopping franchises, and have never heard of Mike Jones. Just thought i would clear that up.

Yeah sure,whatever. That's what I would have said too.

#229256 - 02/13/06 08:27 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: MattJ]
JohnL Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: NY, NY, USA
Quote:

Folks -

That's interesting.

What do you call a group of people with common interests that dress alike and use common expressions not in general use by the population.

Krateka;
Practice in groups, are interested in karate, wear gi's, and use Japanese terminology.

Almost sounds like a gang to me. Including the language.

#229257 - 02/13/06 09:22 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Eveal Offline
the freshmaker

Quote:

Or this one I say often when I'm making fun of G's:

"Yo, me and my homies is nang, and if some b****es start, the naa low that cos it buns"

After reading your post Dauragon c mikado it seems you are no better than them. You seem to insigate the situations with them. Picking on these so called "gangsters" will not help you at all. Remember you may bully that one kid and when the time comes its going to be him and his boys bulling you now all because you couldn't look the other way and wanted to make him feel less that what he is already doing. These kids already feel like they are left out of society (by choice which I never understood) but its not our positions to outcast them more. Have you ever gotten a "wannabe gangster" alone and showed him some compassion and actually listened to him. Thats when the true person comes out and his eyes will open to see there is more to this place than wanting to "act tough in crowds".

We all claim to be the humble martial artist and living by some moral codes but I have seen them broken in this thread. Please look back upon your training (mentally) and make sure you are building the character you preach.

#229258 - 02/13/06 09:36 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: JohnL]
Dauragon c mikado Offline

Loc: Oxford, England
Quote:

Quote:

Folks -

That's interesting.

What do you call a group of people with common interests that dress alike and use common expressions not in general use by the population.

Krateka;
Practice in groups, are interested in karate, wear gi's, and use Japanese terminology.

Almost sounds like a gang to me. Including the language.

Good point, but I dont think many good karateka go round harrasing others, plus their usually organised and train to better themselves physicly, and mentally.

Quote:

So,dauragon,are you still having problems with these gangsters? Maybe it's because you make fun of their talk,their dress,and their music? They don't do things like you or I do,so what? Everyone has phases of their lives to go through and then they grow up.
I went through the thug stage,the do weird things with my hair thing,and finally the pierce my own nipples stage before finding my true self. Would it have helped if everyone I came in to contact with ridiculed my self expression? Have a little tolerance and learn to accept others for who they are,they mught not be so bad,outside of breaking the law that is,lol.

I dont have a problem with the way they express themselves (atleast until they annoy me) and I can assure you I only start talking to them when they start talking to me, If they just left me alone and stopped making their inferiority complex mine and everybody elses problem there wouldnt be a problem, they get me so mad sometimes, insulting people for no reason and getting a 'rep' for beating people up in large numbers.
I sometimes just wanna grab em by the throaght and say stop acting like an idiot, if I have to beat you like a dog to teach you manners then thats what I'll do, now shut up"

Thankfully I dont and have never done this, no matter how much I may want to.

I admit there was a time about four five years ago where I was on the road to becoming a chav.

*dcm gets ready to fight as he sees FA members with red faces, rolling up sleeves to deliver judgement for hypocracy*

Though I did overcome it.

*dcm gets back in chair as he sees FA members faces return to normal hue and roll down sleeves*

I owe it to MA really since about five/six years ago when I took up judo, I encountered some good role models in the dojo, it was pretty good and I enjoyed it.

I knew that if I wanted to make any good progreess in there I would need to develop better people skills since I had decided martial arts to me was more important than acting like a moron.

I made new friends at the dojo which also went to my school, It was so much better though we were considered geeks for not having any fixed dress sense or taste in music plus we did'nt go round thinking we were the 'shizzle'.

So brian I think you can wipe up your tears now.

Or atleast drown your sorrows =

#229259 - 02/13/06 10:03 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Eveal]
Dauragon c mikado Offline

Loc: Oxford, England
Quote:

Quote:

Or this one I say often when I'm making fun of G's:

"Yo, me and my homies is nang, and if some b****es start, the naa low that cos it buns"

After reading your post Dauragon c mikado it seems you are no better than them. You seem to insigate the situations with them. Picking on these so called "gangsters" will not help you at all. Remember you may bully that one kid and when the time comes its going to be him and his boys bulling you now all because you couldn't look the other way and wanted to make him feel less that what he is already doing. These kids already feel like they are left out of society (by choice which I never understood) but its not our positions to outcast them more. Have you ever gotten a "wannabe gangster" alone and showed him some compassion and actually listened to him. Thats when the true person comes out and his eyes will open to see there is more to this place than wanting to "act tough in crowds".

We all claim to be the humble martial artist and living by some moral codes but I have seen them broken in this thread. Please look back upon your training (mentally) and make sure you are building the character you preach.

I only just saw your post and I see why you think I bully them, but I dont.

I simply respond to what they do to me, I suppose I could be mature and let it go, but I would rather give them back what they give to me (its only right to do so).

I admit when they are on their own, there ok to talk to, but ther are various possibilities why:

-they dont have anybody to show off or look 'bad in front of so they they dont see any reason to be an ass.

-there simply scared to act up and be agressive without the back up of their friends so they quieten down incase you feel like kicking the cream out of em because of their stupidity.

-they want to increase their popularity by knowing more people, so your another ally to back them up.

-there bored.

By the way I wasnt sure I preached my own character, I am by no means a zen master or a person of higher enlightenment, What I say and do at the time all depends on how I feel, through my training I learn to control my emotions and respect other people, I dont want anybody to uneccacerily insult me or my freinds so depending on what mood Im in at the time I usually have to reactions two insult:

-when faced with conflict, I respond accordingly and equally, meeting insult to insult, punch to punch.

-or I may have the attitude or "just kill me or go away", where I will just tell them to do what they feel they must do or leave me alone.

I now see what you mean by me preaching an image of myself. I guess that as long as you interact with anyone, in any way it is unavoidable to show some part of your self, whether your acting or being sincere (I find acting is just an extension of yourself anyway).

DCM,
Please do not swear. Yes, I consider ?*** swearing.

Edited by McSensei (02/13/06 12:50 PM)

#229260 - 02/13/06 04:12 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Cord]
ShikataGaNai Offline
Veteran

Loc: Bellingham, WA
Actually, my friend who got the beating identified the style, as he himself trained in it.
Gangrapplers, though, that's pretty funny!

#229261 - 02/14/06 12:19 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: ShikataGaNai]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Quote:

Actually, my friend who got the beating identified the style, as he himself trained in it.
Gangrapplers, though, that's pretty funny!

We're going to be using goju karate today,our lineage is bla,bla,bla....afterwards my friend Sam will use greko style wrestling to pile drive yo ass!!(beating commences)......there,all done.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga