FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT, sagat
22914 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
Zombie Zero 2
AndyLA 2
ergees 2
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
Recent Posts
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
Yesterday at 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/07/14 07:01 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
09/02/14 06:26 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
Forum Stats
22914 Members
36 Forums
35575 Topics
432492 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#229232 - 02/10/06 08:13 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
JohnL Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: NY, NY, USA
Quote:

You should hear the music they listen to, either rap (standable) or 'garage', garage just sounds like a guy who's had his nuts hooked up to the national circuit and gone into a verbal spasm.

Being the boring old fart I am, I'll take your comments on music and use the same methodology I applied to the gang mentality.

In the 50's there was Rock and Roll. (Abject horror expressed by the older community)
In the 60's there was the arrival of the Beatles. (Abject horror expressed by the older community)
In the 70's Punk Rock. (More abject horror)

Need I go on!

I find it ammusing that you continue to exlain suprise and disgust at something that's been around for ages.

Maybe I'm just too old and mellow to worry. (I still won't let my daughter have Rap on the radio while I'm driving though!

#229233 - 02/10/06 08:39 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: JohnL]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

da bomb 4-1-1 for our baby gangstas:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop_slang#Gang_Slang_Terms

keep it trill, bruh
peace out
E

#229234 - 02/10/06 12:40 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Ed_Morris]
QuietGal Offline

Loc: Missouri
Quote:

I don't know if I should laugh, cry, or silently look away...I can't believe that someone actually took the time to write all that up.
I work in the city, so this is nothing new to me. I see the real deal every day. Before people start to flame me, I'm not trying to make this a white vs. black thing here. I know that there are gangs for all walks of life (white, black, Vietnamese, purple people eaters, whatever). Not are all bad people, they just have taken this particular path due to need of safety, bad circumstances, pressure from outside, whatever. I'm not meaning to sound like some nancy here and I do realize that there is a large percentage out there that I would want to avoid at all costs. I had a good friend in college that was in a gang. He tried to get out but got sucked back in unfortunately. I find it funny to hear the suburb kids trying to act like gang bangers though. Some may actually be, but I think many of them are just searching for some sort of identity and this is what they happend to latch on to for what ever reason/
I'm gonna ghost now, but that was dope man. Catch you all l8r cause the po po is gonna be rollin' up on me now. I'm out. *silently has a seizure and hope she doesn't get yelled at by a moderator*

#229235 - 02/10/06 12:47 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: QuietGal]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
HOW DARE YOU POST THAT!!!!!!

Nothing wrong with your post quietgal. Gang culture is everywhere and I think you summed up perfectly one of the main reasons why people get involved in it, lack of identity.

Now anymore insightful posts like that and your gonna get banned...OK????

Gav

#229236 - 02/10/06 01:05 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Cord]
Landus Offline

Loc: UK
Blooming loads of them!

I'm only bothered about the groups of 5+ that may carry knifes, it's a difficult situation.

You often find that it's the youngest/newest member of the 'gang' that starts things off - trying to prove him or herself.

It's pathetic.

In my area, we are already taking them on (the chavs that go round in groups battering people) and slowly, but surely, they get the message.

#229237 - 02/10/06 03:41 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: QuietGal]
ShikataGaNai Offline
Veteran

Loc: Bellingham, WA
Alot of that article isn't even gang terms. It's just "urban" for lack of better word. I mean, a good 60% of that I heard when I was a kid in rural washington!!!
PS - why is this thread posted in two forums?

#229238 - 02/10/06 04:39 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Cord]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
Cord, you forgot to mention that the male ones have a gold sovereign ring for each child they've fathered before their seventeenth birthday (or the girls' 16th)

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#229239 - 02/10/06 04:50 PM Re: GANGSTERS!!! [Re: trevek]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
Once read about the old Glasgow pre-war street gangs. Oh boy were they NOT wannabeez! However, did anyone know the word 'hooligan' comes from the name of a rather wild family of Irish thugs who were into the odd bash here and there?

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#229240 - 02/10/06 05:56 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: QuietGal]
Dauragon c mikado Offline

Loc: Oxford, England
Quote:

Quote:

I don't know if I should laugh, cry, or silently look away...I can't believe that someone actually took the time to write all that up.
I work in the city, so this is nothing new to me. I see the real deal every day. Before people start to flame me, I'm not trying to make this a white vs. black thing here. I know that there are gangs for all walks of life (white, black, Vietnamese, purple people eaters, whatever). Not are all bad people, they just have taken this particular path due to need of safety, bad circumstances, pressure from outside, whatever. I'm not meaning to sound like some nancy here and I do realize that there is a large percentage out there that I would want to avoid at all costs. I had a good friend in college that was in a gang. He tried to get out but got sucked back in unfortunately. I find it funny to hear the suburb kids trying to act like gang bangers though. Some may actually be, but I think many of them are just searching for some sort of identity and this is what they happend to latch on to for what ever reason/
I'm gonna ghost now, but that was dope man. Catch you all l8r cause the po po is gonna be rollin' up on me now. I'm out. *silently has a seizure and hope she doesn't get yelled at by a moderator*

Ever wander where the english language is going with all these weiered phrases?
Soon this type of talking may become normal and everybody sounds like a complete moron.

I agree with what you say about them having lack of identity, although I already came up with my own theory on why there are such large numbers of these morons, here goes:

-first of all they all start out as lone geeks, outcasts with no particuler talents or skills.

-they find others like themselves who are equally stupid moronic.

-during their time together they discover they have similar interests such as a taste in music or clothes.

-more people are inducted into the group and the cesspit grows.

-they begin using phrases from the music they listen to, giving rise to the retarted linguistics we all love.

-eventually there are so many of them they can be considered popular, not because there good people but because they all share the fact their retarded.

-to impress eachother they do things they would'nt normally do such as shout at the elderly and intimidate little kids, one example is the recent "happy slapping" whitch to date two (possibly more) people in the UK have died because of.

How to be respected/feared by chavs:

-hang around in groups of people who are known for their fighting skills, they dont say much to the deadly.

-"accidently" show them your knuckles or palms the day after a good conditioning session, they automaticly assume you can fight (which if you practice MA you probably can).

-"reluctantly" show them a feat of strength, one of my personal favourites to intimidate chavs is to make massive dents in the school lockers with knife hand strikes (immature and destructive but it works).

-let them hit you, if you can take a punch they wont think about trying it on. This is usually done when they try to start a fight. When they start simply say "hit me then, take a shot" in a cool, calm manner, the chances are they wont they'll rather say:

Quote:

"your not worf it, mate"

But should they decide to hit you and your still standing just laurgh and say "is that it?, do it again that was funny". they turn and walk away silently with their 'homies' and probably wont bother you again, and when they do see you they'll either be quiet and look away or say in a cowardly voice "s-safe, man". Just respond with a nod and leave it at that.

Eventually, you should have a rep as a "deadly man who will MERK YOU" with out actually getting into a fight.

dcm

#229241 - 02/10/06 11:43 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Crazy_Eyes Offline

Loc: British Columbia Canada
Being confident, almost cocky even seems to help. As well as being more threatening. I can remember one time in school. I had a younger guy, I'd say about by a grade or two, I'm in grade 12, anyways. He comes up too me and says he doesn't like the way I looked at him. I hadn't even done anything! But I decided to go along with it for a laugh.

So he starts to talk smack, calling me a variety of words I wont mention on here. I tried to hold in my laughter as I asked what he was going to do about it. I was then told by this wanna be that his "crew" was going to "pop" me. I looked over his shoulder, and all I saw was a small group of scared looking younger kids. This is where it gets funny. He pushes me and asks if I want too fight. So I pushed him back and said "Sure, lets do it right now" I have never seen a more confused look in my life. He just started to mutter and then told me I wasn't worth it and walked away. I went about my business chuckling that people can be so retarded.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga