FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 51 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 11
trevek 6
cxt 5
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
Today at 05:35 AM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432447 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#229212 - 02/09/06 04:12 AM GANSTERS!!!
Dauragon c mikado Offline

Loc: Oxford, England
Recently at school Ive been getting some trouble off idiots who think their from the Bronx (they wound'nt dare step foot in there).
Its nothing serious, its just that if you look at them or dont cower down like wet lettuce they dont seem o like it so hey try and get a grip of something on you and its only after you put them on their ass they leave you alone.

Anyone ever see the ganster wannabees who walk round as if they've been stabbed in the leg and if you make eye contact they automaticly take this as a sighn of aggression.

In england they go by these names:
-townies
-chavs
-rudeboys
-gangsters or G's

These type of people usually think martial arts are useless and the only people who do it are old people and if you say you do MA they assume you can do a hadouken.

this explains them pretty well

Chav site

Damn jackasses

#229213 - 02/09/06 04:33 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
I had some trouble with wannabe gangsters in highschool. The problem with these morons is they run in packs and carry weapons and they are out to prove to their buddies how tough they are. They are constantly looking for trouble so try to avoid them if at all possible. I didn't and I ended up having to transfer to another school. Most of them ended up in jail or prison,imagine that.

#229214 - 02/09/06 05:13 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
KNOW YOUR ENEMY

Ah yes, the chav. Nothing says 'our society was wrong to stop smacking children' like a snotty, spotty 17 year old, wearing a burberry baseball cap, big hoody pulled up over it, white pyjama (sorry, tracksuit)bottoms and a load of cheap gold jewelry. He can usualy be found with his arm slung round the neck of a hard faced 14 year old girl, dressed how J-lo would dress if she relied on charity shops for her clothing, hair scraped back into an overtight ponytail to reveal hooped earings so big she could use them as hula hoops.

SOCIAL HABITS

Hobbies seem to include leaning on the hoods of their vauxhall Novas. Looking bored. Chewing gum. Talking in jamaican accents though plainly caucasian. 'Giving daggers' to old people walking past. Looking at the ground when able fit adults walk past.
They are pack animals and attempt no actions, benign or hostile whatsoever unless in a group of 10 or more.Zero autonomous thought ability.

THREAT
In numbers yes. But like all pack hunters, like easy prey, and are very happy to keep things verbal in confrontations, having the get out clause 'you aint worf it mate' as they slouch back to their delightful young girlfriends ( )
Have shown increased signs of knife posession, but as always, this has been distorted by media attention, and most just want to look threatening, with little desire to back it up.

In all seriousness, i have a local fan club in the chav community, due to coming to the assistance of a little guy working in my local video store who was being harassed by them in the shop. Seems they dont think much of me now, but none of them do anything but glare at me from a safe distance, and I just laugh at them. I do now however ensure my car is parked in line of site to the video shop (so they dont risk vandalising it), and either my wife goes, or I go, NEVER together, so that they do not connect her with me.
Aside from that, its all good, bless their feckless hearts.

#229215 - 02/09/06 08:22 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
JohnL Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: NY, NY, USA
And just what makes you think that this is anything new?

In the 50's you had the Biker gangs and Teddy boys.
Through the 60's you had the Mods and Rockers.
Go into the 70's and you had Hippies and Shinheads.
etc. etc. etc.

It doesn't matter what they're called, it's the same thing. A group of young people who can only intimidate by being in a large group.

I don't care what they think of MA's because generally between a combination of 10 gangs, you'd be hard pressed to identify a brain cell amongst them.

Nothing changes, it just changes it's name.

#229216 - 02/09/06 09:14 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: JohnL]
schanne Offline
breaks things

Loc: Woodbury NJ
LOL...I used to be in a gang called the "Bobo's" we had cheap leather jackets and had the name inscribed on the back. We were more of a motor head beer drinking gang that kept to ourselves ....but we looked cool

#229217 - 02/09/06 09:44 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
huntMichael Offline
Stranger

Michael

This is your first post on the forum and it's been moderated. Congratulations

Edited by JohnL (02/09/06 11:32 AM)

#229218 - 02/09/06 09:52 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Cord]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Spot on mate! Coming from the town that is the holiday destination of choice for the discerning Chav, you descriptions of Chavkind are spot on. "Annoying the Chav" is actually a very popular passtime amongst the bored Doorman of my fair seaside town!

Towards that later end of last year we had a perfect example of the classy Chavette. Two young Chavettes walked up to our door donned in the classiest of felt trackies with matching hoody....one of these young *cough* ladies was even drinking from a 500ml can of Stella....Can't remember the exact conversation but it went along the lines:

"Sorry ladies, not tonight!"

"Ah Bruv, wiv cum doun from East Londen, init!"

"Sorry ladies, we don't allow tracksuits....init!" as me and my beloved Head Doorman at exactly the same time switched into Ali G style chest beating....complete with the "I can't stand still due to some lice infection of the nether region" standing.

"Bruv, I is from East Londen, I is kan't 'elp the way I speek...init"

"I think you'll find its 'Brother, I am from East London and I can not help the way I speak...can I?'.....init".....more chest beating with added Ali G "Westside" finger actions...

"Bruv, doon't go dis'in me just coz I speek like the way I do....init"

"Aiight, see wot you iz saying...but, like, you still ain't coming in iz you...init"

We had 'im going for about 10 minutes.....ah, Chav's gotta love 'im.....make working nights a lot more fun!

#229219 - 02/09/06 11:35 AM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: huntMichael]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Huntmichael- you cant swear here. You can be as angry about a topic as you like, but keep the language suitable for all ages.

Gav- its funny because half of ours talk like 'rood boiz', and the other half talk like they are from 'saaf landan' innit geez? none of em like it when your not impressed with them, some even look confused like they cant understand why you are not quaking in fear

I love em, they entertain me.

#229220 - 02/09/06 12:10 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Cord]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
My second favourite threat was from a Saff landaner, we'd put him out for some reason and he got his phone out and said (and this is the gods honest truth and shows how truly stupid some people are)..."That's it mate, your f##ked, I'm getting my uncle down here!". When I enquired who this Uncle was his reply, "Lenny McCain[1], and your f##ked!". He seemed a bit p1$$ed when I burst out laughing and even more suprised when I told him his uncle was dead! Utter prat!!!

The best threat was from I guy I was offering the choice of leaving a club in southend called Bakers on his own or by dragged out by the neck....again, this is the gods to honest truth....he said, "Let me tell you something......does the name John King mean anything to you???" He decided to leave of his own accord and rather red faced!

[1] Lenny was the big guy in Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' barrells!

Edited by Gavin (02/09/06 12:11 PM)

#229221 - 02/09/06 12:14 PM Re: GANSTERS!!! [Re: Cord]
Tezza Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Kent, U.K.
Cord, I love the way that you explained them to us very well done. The funny thing is that you are spot on.

Quote:

Talking in jamaican accents though plainly caucasian

lol

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga