FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#229144 - 02/10/06 05:16 PM Re: Step Sparring Note Book [Re: TKDBlackBelt]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Quote:

My thread early was kinda criticised so I wanted to clarify it. This is what part of what we call one-step. While practicing a person would throw a punch and then allow their apponent to to a combination of moves, its kinda like a kata with one as a dummy. We then switch positions and the attacker is now a deffender and the deffeender is now the attack. This one is part of a set we call sweeps, it gives us a chance to practice tripping a person off their feet. This is all done with no contact except the sweep.

Your description is almost exactly like mine posted above, however everything is contact with the exception of punches or elbows to the face. Contact in the beginning is light but as senior belts it is much more aggressive. Not brutal but more realistic. Plus with these drills the other person gets to practice their falling techniques when swept, tripped, pulled off balance, etc.

As I listed all the one-steps we do in the original portion of this thread, and to keep with TeK's theme:

Attacker - throws punch with right hand

Defender - steps slightly to the left side to avoid the punch and then drives back into the defender's arm/body with an attacking block with both arm, grabbing shoulder and unloading multiple knees and a palm heel strike if they try to move backwards to avoid the knees.

#229145 - 02/11/06 01:26 AM Re: Step Sparring Note Book [Re: TeK9]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Quote:

Okay I am [censored], you moderators have totally F'ed up my thread with your negative comments and your chit chat...

tek, This is not your thread,it is the property of fightingarts and open to the public for criticism and debate within the forum rules. No forum rules were broken and mere observations based on personal experiences were made. If you are going to be so sensitive may I suggest buying a pacifier. Check yourself.

#229146 - 02/11/06 02:43 AM Re: Step Sparring Note Book [Re: BrianS]
TeK9 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Northern California, USA
I wish these moderators would check themselves...what is the criteria to be on of these guys? BrianS why state the obvious...

Sorry everyone, I tried to create a thread which would bring all the TKD practitioners together. We do so much debating in this forum I figured we needed something in which we all had in common and we could all contribute with aswell a all benefit from. But sometimes certain people like to throw wrenches in your plans. What can you do specially when they are moderators from other forums who should know better...

Love me or hate me, just please folks, when you post something add a step sparring excercise. That way once a fellow Tkder reads through the crap, tey actually get something worth wild in the end, a new step sparring tip.

Attacker - lunges and throws a high right high punch to the face.
Defender - Steps back 45 degree angle with his left foot into a back stance while blocking the punch with a knife hand block. Capture the wrist and hold. Kick attacker in the groin or stomach.
Vinci

#229147 - 02/11/06 10:51 AM Re: Step Sparring Note Book [Re: TeK9]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Uke grabs lapel of defender.
Defender double knifehand to the neck(both sides) followed by a knee to the groin.
Uke no happy.

#229148 - 02/11/06 11:13 AM Re: Step Sparring Note Book [Re: BrianS]
VDJ Offline
Veteran

Attacker puts defender in a rear naked choke (while standing).

Defender shifts hips to the left or right (depending on which arm is around the throat)

Defender grabs groin and proceeds to "Honk the horn"

Attacker now singing soprano

#229149 - 02/11/06 11:20 AM Re: Step Sparring Note Book [Re: VDJ]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Uke puts defender in rear naked choke(properly applied).
Defender passes out,lol.

Uke attempt to enter the personal space of defender aggressively.
Defender pre-emptively jabs on the nose followed by a right cross.
Bad uke.

#229150 - 02/11/06 02:42 PM Re: Step Sparring Note Book [Re: BrianS]
sjon Offline
Smiter of the smited

Loc: Spain
Whichever way, I think Tek has done a good thing here, and we should perhaps try to keep things on course. Hey, it's easy to establish a new thread if conversation takes a different turn.

#229151 - 02/11/06 03:00 PM Re: Step Sparring Note Book [Re: sjon]
matxtx Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: england
the slightest move from the attacker to attack...defender front kicks him in the nuts.

mm i think i see what BRIANS is trying to get across.
i believe in pre emptive striking too.and think all should bear it in mind as the first think to do.
though im affraid is not in most TKD curriculum.or as far as a know any martial art curriculum.just an added thing depending on the instructor.or personaly added.
plus this is a one step question...which i think can be usefull if the flashy craps cut out.

#229152 - 02/11/06 03:09 PM Re: Step Sparring Note Book [Re: matxtx]
VDJ Offline
Veteran

Quote:

the slightest move from the attacker to attack...defender front kicks him in the nuts.

mm i think i see what BRIANS is trying to get across.
i believe in pre emptive striking too.and think all should bear it in mind as the first think to do.
though im affraid is not in most TKD curriculum.or as far as a know any martial art curriculum.just an added thing depending on the instructor.or personaly added.
plus this is a one step question...which i think can be usefull if the flashy craps cut out.

Ahhhh,

But a premptive strike can make you the agressor in the eyes of the law. Better make sure the attacker is actually attacking (not meaning that hands are on you yet, but that is the sure intention). Witnesses help.

Attacker has hands around throat

Defender cups both hands and smacks over the ears, popping ear drum.

Attacker goes to knees holding ears wondering what just happened

VDJ

#229153 - 02/12/06 10:57 PM Re: Step Sparring Note Book [Re: VDJ]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Has anyone here actually done an ear slap on someone else? Just curious.

Uke does a double hand throat grab.
Defender turns and traps the arms with his hand and arm followed up with an elbow to the face and a kick to the knee.
Uke is in need of medical attention.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga