FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
LeroyCFischer 1
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#228729 - 04/23/06 05:36 PM Re: Paralyzing Points? [Re: Ashigaru]
underdog Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mansfield, MA U.S.A.
Look back to previous pages of this forum. Look for Gavin's Pressure Point of the Week entries. He does a great job of describing each of the PP that he covers and several applications. Read through the discussions, (most of them were brief threads. Then, and this is the IMPORTANT part... Take it to the mat! Print out Gavin's opening summary. Go to the mat with a few other curious people. Try everything he says for a point and try it on all your training partners. Let them try on you too. Experiment.

In order to make a pressure point work, you have to locate it exactly. Dillman suggests an area the size of a quarter US. Gavin gives pretty good directions on how to locate.

Then you need to hit correctly to deliver penetration through the point, not hard necessarily, it should be safe to practice, but with intent- relaxed intent. It if is a rub point or touch or squeeze point, that matters too. Pay attention to angle and direction too. Start with one point at a time.

Pick one. Post on it. Tell us what happened. There are a few pretty experienced people here who can help you out.

#228730 - 10/10/08 05:37 PM Re: Paralyzing Points? [Re: Eveal]
N00bNinja Offline
Stranger

i actually haven't been to a karate or taekwando school in a few years... but i was messing around with my friends and discovered that there's is a pressure point just bellow the soldier blade. apparently, because people are of different size, it is difficult to see exactly were the pressure point is, my one friend (somewhat weak, and younger than me) was paralyzed almost completely on his right side, and fell out of his seat my other friend, it paralyzed his arm, other people, it has no affect tho, probably because of them being of different size, the amount of time that they were paralyzed was very brief though, probably a max of 3 seconds, still very funny, and apparently, sence i was inexperienced at the time, (technically i still am) it caused no harm (not permanent anyways) but, i wouldn't recommend doing it, because i don't want to be sued XD
but it probably wouldn't help in a fight, even in self defense, because its on their back, but i just wanted to say, paralyzing is real, its just hard to do (in a fight) but i want to know more pressure points, if anyone knows any kind of simple website about any kind of pressure points like the one i listed, it would greatly help, and i learned this from experience (by that i mean messing around) and not from hours on the pc (wich im on all the time anyways ) sory for making this so long i just wanted u people to know about what i discovered (years ago actually) this is also my first post ever!
well im gona stop talking now, have to get back to tha marching band....
~cya

#228731 - 10/10/08 08:20 PM Re: Paralyzing Points? [Re: N00bNinja]
underdog Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mansfield, MA U.S.A.
http://www.rootdown.us/Points/PointMapPage.aspx

In addition to the sites posted at the beginning of this forum, this is my new favorite site.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga