FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
AndyLA 3
futsaowingchun 2
Zombie Zero 2
Matakiant 2
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Eugue Ryu
by
03/27/07 12:06 AM
Recent Posts
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Matakiant
09/18/14 07:11 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35575 Topics
432495 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#227449 - 02/06/06 11:22 AM Re: Adventures with Forms. [Re: Guy]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote by Guy -

Quote:

This could only happen in the US because we have the freedom to think as we please and also because the US is such a new country that there is no tradition being passed down to get locked into like old countries like China and India, or even in Europe. The US is the melting pot of all traditions of the whole world so there is much variety of thought and so one has to think and pick a little from this and a little of that and end up coming up with something brand new. What I said about China is true, they are very good at copying but have a very difficult time creating something new.

This is the result of you teaching yourself? My friend, you need some history lessons from a qualified teacher IMMEDIATELY. This is stupidity bordering on offensive.

#227450 - 02/06/06 11:31 AM Re: Adventures with Forms. [Re: Guy]
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

You didn't tell us about how you met your training partner.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

#227451 - 02/06/06 11:32 AM Re: Adventures with Forms. [Re: MattJ]
kusojiji Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: kokokokokoko
Quote:

Quote by Guy -

Quote:

This could only happen in the US because we have the freedom to think as we please and also because the US is such a new country that there is no tradition being passed down to get locked into like old countries like China and India, or even in Europe. The US is the melting pot of all traditions of the whole world so there is much variety of thought and so one has to think and pick a little from this and a little of that and end up coming up with something brand new. What I said about China is true, they are very good at copying but have a very difficult time creating something new.

This is the result of you teaching yourself? My friend, you need some history lessons from a qualified teacher IMMEDIATELY. This is stupidity bordering on offensive.

Well past the border into offensive if you ask me.
Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts. Note: The Signature feature is currently not enabled by this bulletin board's administrator. You may use UBB Code in this field, but not HTML. The UBB Code Image tag is not permitted, however.

#227452 - 02/06/06 04:53 PM Re: Adventures with Forms. [Re: Guy]
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

#227453 - 02/06/06 05:06 PM Re: Adventures with Forms. [Re: Guy]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

McOWNED

#227454 - 02/06/06 05:08 PM Re: Adventures with Forms. [Re: oldman]
Guy Offline

Loc: Indiana USA
Even though I have so much over kill in my techniques it isnít funny but still I keep getting stronger and stronger for two reasons. One, I now have eight forty-five pound plates and two twenty five pound plates on my vertical leg press. And I want to make it up to an even ten plates of forty-five pound apiece. I donít know about you but to me it makes me feel macho about lifting ten forty five pound plates all at once, especially since I only weighs 145 pounds. Right now I can lift that weight for 15 reps. It is really cool having your own weight machines because I can work out when every I like, you all should get your machines too.

And the other reason is because the more my body is bulging with muscles, the more solid looking are my forms and of course, the better I look, the better I like it.

Guy

#227455 - 02/06/06 06:04 PM Re: Adventures with Forms. [Re: Guy]
Guy Offline

Loc: Indiana USA
One time I was talking about something, I forgot what, and I mentioned something about losers and someone objected and said you can't judge someone as a loser by how they look. And I said I don't because I once know someone who looked all run down and wore ratty clothes and I didnít consider him a loser because his goal in life was not to work and he achieve it; he wasnít envious of anybody. I said losers are people who once tried to be a winner but for whatever reason they gave up and started to envy people who went on to succeed. And so the test to see if you are a loser or not is if you envy other people for their achievements then you passed the loser test and you are a loser. So that is how I see all you people here who envy me so much that you are all in denial over my achievements.

Everybody who has made significant achievements all have their entourage of trolls, even Bruce Lee, even Jesus Christ. In fact there is an old saying about it, ďEnvy is the tax of distinctionĒ and to that I add, yeah and the ďlosers are the tax collectors.Ē So it seems to me that the greater you distinguish yourself the greater the tax you have pay. Just like people who make a lot of money pay a lot more taxes then someone who only makes a little bit of money. And so it seems to me that the greater my troll entourage is, the more the trolls recognize my distinction and the more jealous they are which in a backhanded way I find very flattering. So the more you all work yourselves up against me the better you make me look and the worse you make yourselves look because now everybody knows your true nature. Iím sure if you was in the same kung fu class as I, you'd all be the ones like Iíve seen before setting on the side lines watching me with knitted brows gnashing your teeth at me. After all, isnít that what you are doing right now?

But I didnít come here to talk about or to losers. I came here to talk about kung fu and that is what I am going to do. So all you losers can make me look as good as you like, I appreciate the time and effort you are putting into it but Iím not going to waste anymore of my time with you. Iím sticking with talking about kung fu.

Guy

#227456 - 02/06/06 06:08 PM Re: Adventures with Forms. [Re: Guy]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Ok, folks. We have had some fun here zinging each other. But now let's either get back to the topic or this thread gets locked.

#227457 - 02/06/06 06:40 PM Re: Adventures with Forms. [Re: MattJ]
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

Matt,
I'm sorry. It's just that I'm so "jealouse against" guy. I used to feel special when I came here. Now that he is here I can't help but feel like... well... like I'm a loser. I don't know any Kung Fu at all. Crap. I'm never coming back.

#227458 - 02/06/06 06:46 PM Re: Adventures with Forms. [Re: MattJ]
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado, USA
Maybe Guy would like to take the time to answer the questions I posted above?

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, Gavin, JasonM, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga