FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 5
Dobbersky 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
ergees 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Today at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Today at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#227160 - 02/14/06 03:59 PM Re: krav Maga Curriculum? [Re: KMX]
umsangil Offline

Thats interesting. Do you mean movement in regards to footwork or combatives? Do you have any resources that illustrate this? How is it different from American Krav?

#227161 - 02/14/06 04:07 PM Re: krav Maga Curriculum? [Re: umsangil]
Dedicated1 Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
It is wrong to say that one is lacking of the other, I think RangerG covered that before. They are different in some ways, Krav In the US was enhanced to be used for the people and the situations of the United States. Israeli Krav was designed for Israel. That's the difference, one is not better then the other. It's a matter of what you are looking for out of the system.

#227162 - 02/14/06 08:55 PM Re: krav Maga Curriculum? [Re: Dedicated1]
Plantman Offline

Loc: Maimi
Quote:

It is wrong to say that one is lacking of the other, I think RangerG covered that before. They are different in some ways, Krav In the US was enhanced to be used for the people and the situations of the United States. Israeli Krav was designed for Israel. That's the difference, one is not better then the other. It's a matter of what you are looking for out of the system.

That's pretty much what I meant by saying "vanilla". The US version is just that, a US version.

In fact, we had a guy join our class from out of town tonite who trains in vancouver with KMAA and he was commenting on the differences.

I'll put it this way: The guy is here in Miami on vacation and loves the instruction he got on Sunday, that he plans on doing more one on one private lessons before he goes back to Vancouver.

Even in my situation, learning with Rick and David and their style, I am sure it will not be the same as the whole experience I will get if and when I go.

#227163 - 02/14/06 11:50 PM Re: krav Maga Curriculum? [Re: Dedicated1]
KMX Offline

Quote:

Thats not what I am talking about..its not a matter of techniques its about a fluid style of movement that you really only see in Imi's direct students and some of the Israeli instructors you just dont see this "flavor" in Darrens org.

#227164 - 02/14/06 11:52 PM Re: krav Maga Curriculum? [Re: KMX]
KMX Offline

also..you dont really see it in the european krav schools.

#227165 - 02/15/06 06:57 AM Re: krav Maga Curriculum? [Re: KMX]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

Could you explain what you mean by fluid? Becuase to me, after reading what you posted is sounds like the US version is robotic and we more like boards..

#227166 - 02/15/06 10:41 AM Re: krav Maga Curriculum? [Re: JasonM]
Plantman Offline

Loc: Maimi
Quote:

Could you explain what you mean by fluid? Becuase to me, after reading what you posted is sounds like the US version is robotic and we more like boards..

The concept of retsev, was initiated and introduced into the IKMA curriculum by current IKMA grandmaster Haim Gidon.

It's the idea of constant movement, from one technique flowing thru to another and another and another, until your opponent is finished. Perhaps that's what he's referring to.

Like I said about the canadian fellow I met yesterday, he will be testing for leel 3 soon and was a bit behind and had no concept of retsev and the whole continuous movement thing.

I think that's what he may have meant. Correct me if I'm wrong.

#227167 - 02/15/06 11:13 PM Re: krav Maga Curriculum? [Re: Plantman]
Dedicated1 Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
I see the same thing with the Instructors that teach the US version. Any one who has been training long enough and has mastered the techniques and combatives can put them all together. When you transition into different attacks well, they seem to have a very fluent motion to them. It almost looks graceful, yet so violent. You've got to love it!

#227168 - 02/22/06 07:47 PM Re: krav Maga Curriculum? [Re: Dedicated1]
casmor Offline

Loc: Mexico City Mexico
Hi, I live in Mexico City, so a LA based organization is out of my range, but I think you can always ask your instructor where he was certified, and who trained him, so you can check it out. My instructor for instance studied for several years with the security chief of the israeli embassy in Mexico, so even when he don't have a diploma hanging on the wall, is something I was able to verify. Besides if you have ever practiced other combat system your experience can help to separate a good instructor from a bad one.

#227169 - 03/13/06 12:15 AM Re: krav Maga Curriculum? [Re: casmor]
PSYOPS Offline

Hello Krav Practitioners,

I am a licensed Krav Maga instructor. I was licensed in LA and I think that I can shed a little light on this issue. Krav Maga as you all know is one of the most aggressive systems on the market and we have been getting a lot of attention in the media lately. This is not an accident as it happens. The L.A. style of teaching is very different from that of the IKMF. There are reasons for this and they are really quite simple.

LIABILITY!

I know Mr. Levine as well as Mr. John Whitman. In America we live in one of the most litigious societies in the world. Mr.Levine is the Assistant District Attorney in Los Angeles. He is a lawyer folks. If anyone knows about liability trust me he does. This is why many of the techniques in the first 3 phases of Krav Maga are basic in nature. If a student gets into a confrontation and the other person is injured badly, regardless of fault the injury sustained is an issue in a civil proceeding. So to curtail the liability the program is scaled back at lower levels.

However once you grow in the system you will see many of the things from Grandmaster Imi's original text. Also many people tend to forget that the symbol of Krav Maga is purposely designed with a circle at either side of the Hebrew K and M. This represents the philosophy of openess. The system is constantly changing and therefore must remain open to interpretation.

Lastly,

Obviously the typical American citizen does not face the risks or dangers that our counterparts in Israel face. Training civilians in the same manner that soldiers are trained will no doubt leave the trainer in a position of vunerability when it comes to liability.

I hope this helps.

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, JasonM, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga